Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Valex posted:

How have there been five threads of this anime poo poo

Good news, Hello Kitty dungeon opens in 3 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also if anyone is thinking of jumping in: I played this game totally for free for ~7 months, and did a lot of the content in that time. Just because you don't have THE best team for something doesn't mean you can't figure out how to do it with what you have.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Helical Nightmares posted:

Alright guys. I've been playing for a while. Can't beat Hades in Tomb of the Saint - Deep.

I'd appreciate recommendations for a team.

If you want to throw any 'you should do X' next advice my way I'd appreciate it as well.

Have Odin up as a friend leader. As long as you're at full health Hades will do 11,111 damage every 6 turns, which should be long enough for you to heal back to full. Also Odin's active does a lot of damage to Hades. If you REALLY want to play it safe, Dark Neptune/Odin will make you take only 5k damage and you can put almost anything else you want in there - 5k is stupidly easy to heal up in 6 turns, especially if you have a siren. You don't need to do that much damage because eventually Neptune poison and Odin actives will kill him, just stall.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh wait there's a non gold kitty too? I got the princess one first roll.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jan 27, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My 2 rolls of Cinnamon and Valkitty seem like they'd be great around a healer team, too bad I don't have poo poo in terms of healer teams! My light subs are bad enough that I never bothered getting a Valkyrie. You could make Valkitty work with 5 turn Angelion, 5 turn Valk, King Shynee, I guess possibly a max skilled Ancient dragon? Skill is up every 4 turns. People say Genma, but Genma is terrible and a pain in the rear end to skillup, plus you have to take hits to activate.

Or maybe Valkitty/Valk healer team, 3x-12x depending on the turn? Doesn't seem that powerful in terms of multipliers, but at least you get another 5CD offensive skill to use.

I think Valkitty is less useful than 16x implies. She is 10 cost though, so now you have a new gimmick for Tengu and Draggie.

Edit: I wonder if I can make Valkitty/AA Meta team work for twinlits... you only need to activate stuff like Echidna or Kitty's delay on floor 4, on the other floors you'll be doing 1 damage anyway. Valkitty gets bind resist too.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jan 27, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Seibikitei posted:

I feel like this is a stupid question since no one has brought it up but here goes anyway. And no its not a "should I reroll" question. The dual color Hello Kitty slimes from the collab dungeon, are they decent subs for any sort of teams, at least for us plebes under 100 rank? They're dual color with the same heart maker skill as the fruit dragons. Stats seem okay but I don't really know how to judge those. With how long the collab is going to be around it'd be trivial to awaken them and possibly max skill it. I was thinking of trying to max out each a RGB. The dark one in particular I probably won't since it changes light to heart and my other two orb changers for my dark team both hit light, Persephone and Dark Dragon Knight.

A level 70 fruit dragon actually has really similar stats to a level 70 kitty slime. The slimes max at 70 and the dragons max at 99 though. I dunno, I thought the gimmick of the fruit dragons was less in their active and more in the fact that they're not that great on paper but they have a crazy NINE awakenings each. It depends on the color but for Light > Heart and Red > Heart, Siren and Drawn Joker are way easier to obtain and skillup and have a shorter cooldown.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Murgos posted:

Well, one roll, one Goddess Hello Kitty (I saw UPC's 61 rolls on the PAD Forums spreadsheet without one... Sorry dude). I'm not even sure I like her leader skill that much, to be honest.

Is it awful of me to have wanted a Purin and/or a Melody & Brachy's instead? Maybe I will clear a few challenge levels and do one more roll though I really don't need any more mons.

I've been looking at Goddess Hello Kitty and trying her out in a healer team and it doesn't work THAT well. Like, in order to get the most of her multiplier you need to do Orbs > Heart one turn, then do Hearts > Light the next. But a lot of the time if you do that you'll end up just matching a bunch of the hearts and losing out on damage, or you do it all at once and lose out on damage too. You can do Goddess Kitty/Valk for 3x or 12x burst, but if you're doing that you might as well do Valk/Valk and not mess around with skills.

I think she needs a specialized team built around her, can't really slot her in to any old thing.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Haskell9 posted:

I thought purim was only good for farming and I already have maxxed Isis, catte and valk.

10 cost if unevolved, 12x multiplier will probably destroy some of the low cost dungeons.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mirthless posted:

For the record, the same thing is true of Cu Chulainn teams, Siegfried teams, Valk teams and Isis teams. You can clear a lot of content with a x9-x12 multiplier!

My starting roll was a Neptune (he was OK tier at the time!) and a Sieg right after :I when Siegfried got his ult evo allowing 9x Sieg teams I could suddenly clear SO much content I couldn't touch before when he had 2.5x. It really makes a difference, and it helps that there are actual decent physical subs now other than Ogres.

I got really lucky with rolling a Hermes eventually because Siren, Neptune and Sieg slot in nicely, and I still use a 9x physical team for farming because Hermes is now physical too.

Vincent Valentine posted:

Speaking of new descendeds: Apparently there's a new conditional descended dungeon coming where the condition is that every dudes main type has to be Dragon.

What the hell? What do you even run in this case if you can't get Zaerog/Fagan, ADK? Dragons have really crappy leader skills usually.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just got 3 Keepers from a Keeper of Blue dungeon :stare:

If you need RGB keepers for anything and also some dark/light ones, just go for the blue ones first. You get a lot more invades than I thought and don't need to wait for 2x drop since they're guaranteed in those dungeons.

Edit: When was the last time there was super emeralds? I wanna try a Kushi/Bastet team with the bonus being I only have to level Kushi since you can slot in members from any team in there with them

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jan 28, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

opaopa13 posted:

You can't even run Fagan, because he's a God/Dragon. It's got to be their primary type, because... I have no goddamn idea :psyduck:

Man Gungho is REALLY pissed that they made a game called Puzzle and Dragons and nobody uses the dragons

MissMarple posted:

I ran Technicals yesterday for Challenge stones, so I have about 20 each of the Tricolour Pengdra sitting max levelled and unevolved. I was hoping for some Tricolour Dragons. I got more Pengdra. Goddamit GungHo.

EDIT:

Either ADK and hope we get Draggie beforehand or Resist Teams (Nebra/Nebra if there's no multihits hahah of course it will have multihit).

If there's a bunch of a certain color I guess you could run a resist toy dragon leader but I bet they put all the colors in to prevent that. Or, the fruit dragons all give 2x RCV 2x HP to a color. 1/4/4 team with 4 nuking ancient dragons might be doable, if you want to skill up 4 ancient draahahahahahaha

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh drat Twinlits is so soon, I wanted to try this team for it but Kushi isn't even evolved yet

http://www.padherder.com/user/faceSA/teams/#15856

I haven't updated the +s and the levels aren't exactly right, it will have more than 13k HP to survive the preemptive hits on floor 3. You need to get really lucky on floor 1 and stall a lot. Neptune is in there because he's a poison in case you need it while also not having poo poo stats. The "proper" version of this team has 2 delays instead of a poison, so that when you get to the end you have 2 delays worth of time to kill the twinlits as well as 2 delays worth of time to stall on any single floor but that's not an option for me. Gravity, Spread Cats, and Change the World is enough to kill the last stage in a single Echidna delay if you do it right.

A D/L Yomi would be great both for this team (with more levels) and a Dark Meta team, I'd really like an Angelit.

madstrike posted:

New Awakenings here: http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140129_skill.html

EDIT: if i understood the translated engrish ... lots of +dmg per row cleared awakenings.

Is that last part saying some of the dual color evos are getting split awakenings? Or are they changing some Awakenings around?

Edit: Oh anything in Red is a change, Green is an addition. So Ceres for example will now be fully bind immune? And she clears binds too. drat I need to redo my twinlits team and get some tamadra :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 29, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Looks like the dual resist gods will get full bind immunity, so there's no bind > instant death situations if they're awoken.

Lucifer gets autoheal :v:

Oh and Indra and Vritra can now make 4/2/2 god teams

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

What's skill block? Like a bind that only effects skills?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Baby Tamadra? Does that give half an awakening?

Chance for an awakening. All the fun of skillup farming, now for more than just skillups!

Edit: I get that they did this because you now have 2 chances a week. But the dungeons are still 60 stamina, and the Tamadras still appear on a floor with other enemies so there's no guarantee you'll get them. They really didn't have to make awakenings another thing to grind, especially if they start phasing out other ways to get full tamadra.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 29, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MMAgCh posted:

I'm checking out this game after Marvel Puzzle Quest took four shits and died, but god does PAD look complicated as gently caress. It probably doesn't help that I rerolled a couple of times so far and didn't get anything worthwhile, either.

Does that upcoming Godfest include any of the recommended starter leaders? I'm seeing mostly Norse/Japanese (?) critters on the list.

It's really not that complicated. There's depth in there once you get further in but early PAD is pretty much match poo poo as much as possible.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

20 PAL pulls

Tamadra!
Rainbow Keeper
Dark Keeper
Red Dublit
White Dublit

And otherwise junk

Edit: 8 more pulls, all junk like slimes and goblins

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

3 times I've beaten Draggie now with no drop. First two times it was with Sylph and Leeks, this time around I had a D/D Batman which is so, so much quicker and easier.

I mean it's not like I'd ever use him, but I actually want to evolve this Batman eventually so I want to get Tengu and Draggie over with.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

psymonkey posted:

This may be the first godfest I skip. I really wanted a Chinese leader ever since I started playing, but my Izanagi team is finally starting to round out (now that Archangel gets a God subtype) and may actually see some play eventually, and that's all I really care about for now as far as 3.5x is concerned.

The Hero gods look pretty interesting as subs, but who knows how long it'll be before they get any skillup monsters.

Who am I kidding I'll roll at least once. At least it's during fire carnival, I'd have a hella beast fire team if I just had a leader.

The Chinese gods can make pretty good subs themselves for certain teams though! Like Haku + Hanzo turns the board 2/3 dark and 1/3 water while both being dark, which is really good for Dark Meta or any Dark team in general. Karin+Hermes Kamui makes the whole board 2/3 water, 1/3 dark while both being water. Their actives also get rid of stuff like Jammers or poison orbs.

Edit: What do the heroes do? I can't find them on PDX, assuming they still have JP names. Oh wait found them

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1073

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

6 draggie clears, 0 drops. Does he have a really low drop rate unless you do the harder difficulty? I'd rather not risk the 50 stamina + harder dungeon.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Murgos posted:

I don't get all this, 'The Heros look like terribad leaders' stuff. Connecting 8 orbs for an unconditional 16x is pretty easy to accomplish and eventually being able to do 6 connected for 9x is REALLY easy.

The dark Hero is probably the 'best' one to get just for subs and easy leveling but any of them could make a solid farm team that would excel at some descended dungeons.

Seriously, connecting 8 orbs is easier than matching 4 colors.

If you can dig up the post someone made earlier about the % chance to activate a leader on a board, matching 8 orbs is much, much harder than you think it is. Something like a ~13% chance to have 8 orbs of a specific color, and a 90% chance to have 4 colors up for Horus. Obviously if all the orbs are there it's not hard but you're overestimating how often you'll have 8/30 of the board be one of 6 possible orbs.

Also the fact that you have to have 8 connected orbs fucks up all sorts of things. 6 orbs is a neat row, so for row bonuses you want to do like:

You'll have 8 orbs of a specific color if you use some active orb changes but without that you're left with usually no leaderskill.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

0/8 on draggie. You know I'm glad I'm 0/8 on this dungeon and not something really tough like Valk or getting the wrong angelit 8 times.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I had to beat draggie 9 times before he dropped. That's 9 successful runs, had some failures too and didn't think stoning was worth it.

On the plus side the non draggie drops skill things up, and a bunch of them come at max level ready to make king slimes if you wanna do that. Got some more skill levels on Angelion, a second Vampire, and maxed out Mastering.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

1 free roll: Karin

My first Chinese god! Dunno if I'll actually use her as a leader, maybe the game is telling me to switch my 4/2/2 blue into a Chinese team.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Convergence posted:

karin is an amazing sub for monoblue, her + kamui is a great nuke

I was looking at that too, although in my case I don't use Kamui since Hermes has a decent amount of skill levels.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Anyone have a buff Bastet I can borrow for a twinlits attempt?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

opaopa13 posted:

Tried Twinlits with Zeus / Echidna / Orochi / D/L Hades / Hera-Is / Zeus. Opened with a mass Water attack + 3 Light + hearts, which left all three Mythlits alive. They gracefully left my Zeuses unbound and at full HP, so I made another little Light attack which still failed to kill even one.

Did I mix up my strategies or something? Something about this dungeon makes me feel so goddamn stupid.

I dunno I can't get it either. I either kill them all or gently caress it up. I hate this dungeon but D/L Yomi would finally make my dark meta team viable.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

madstrike posted:

Earlier on irc, i asked UPC to see if he could find me some videos of the new Shiva teams in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovMw_F0iC5A (mystic stone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVnwkX99miw (twinlit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj9q59O2tMc (KoG)

(stacked teams but dayum)

Huh, I guess 3x fire is the good one :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

two_step posted:

So what is the favored double bastet twinlit team? I would really love to get some twinlits and maybe a few tamas or dubmyths even.

I'm trying Kushi/Bastet

Echidna
Yomi
Poison (Neptune, good stats)
Hera-Is

But the ideal version has another delay instead of poison, like orochi or another echidna.

It hasn't worked for me yet :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I've found that my main complaint after starting to roll good things is it's impossible to level everything. I had a really crappy box for a while, but that meant I pretty much only had to level 5 guys. Once I started getting some good leaders that needed completely different teams I found it really hard to switch from a maxed blue team to a theoretically stronger Dark team but with the parts still not entirely there.

After spending $30 on rolls I'm never doing it again though, if I do ever buy stones it's not gonna be to spend $5 for a probably really crappy thing.

Twinlit stuff: I do have Ceres, I think I might wait until she gets bind immunity. Bind immunity + her active clears all binds, it should make floor 1 stalling possible with any team. I'm sure it'll come in handy to have a bind immune + bind clear for more than just Twinlits too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Did one roll for fun.

Okuninushi? What the hell are you doing here?
Great, he will go well with Horus, Bastet, Robin and Kushi.

Ah well, my first savant tier god after about a year of playing.

Oku has a cool little niche the other combo gods don't - you can build a physical spike team around him, like how Bastet can do a Healer spike team. That said I have Kushi and landing 6 combos every turn seems like a pain in the rear end

mphill posted:

Went 0/11 this morning on Twinlits. Never made it out of the first round. Tried twice more just now. Zero stoned both. I'm not sure if I got really hosed on the RNG or if I made 11 different mistakes and learned 11 different lessons and am now a Twinlit killing machine. Kind of leaning mostly #1.

Five stones for nothing was a pretty awful feeling. Somehow far worse than rolling the REM and getting nothing.

Six stones for two Angelits, a tamadra, a much needed dubmyth, and two much needed mythlits is much, much better.

I now have three Angelits. I guess now I just have to wait another 6 months to get the 370 day login bonus so I can actually evolve Zeus. :thumbsup:

I'm in the middle of a Twinlits run where I stoned on floor 2. I accidentally killed the last mythlit too soon with a lot of stuff binded, but I was doing so well and stalled long enough to get every skill up that I just had to :v: I haven't beat it yet so at least I'll get 1 stone back if I clear it this run. Usually I just clear everything too fast on floor 1, or completely wipe on floor 1 and just eat the 60 stamina loss and wait for it to regen. At least the dungeon is up for 2 days instead of 1.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh god I did Echidna > Gravity > Change the world combo on the twinlits and didn't even kill the angelit. Dunno if I should stone again :/

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

1) Don't try to learn how to do a Kushi/Bastet combo team with Yomi in the middle of Twinlits
2) At least evolve the drat Kushi

So I got Tamadra, Angelit, and a dark Dublit, all of which I wanted... I used 6 stones. Ugh. The problem is if you gently caress up on the last floor you will die instantly almost every turn, at that point I should have just given up the stone I spent earlier and tried again later but seeing the Angelit drop made me keep trying.

I see how lovely loving F2P games make their money now :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man I feel really guilty about spending money to beat a dungeon in a mobile game.

Oh well. I'll be using Dark Meta a lot more now, Level 83 4 awakenings so not one of those monster 6 awakened +297 ones, sorry :v:

370 343 279

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FirstPlayer posted:

Is there a reason everybody uses Zeus for Twinlits? I was wondering about a Ra/Ra run with VO, bind-immune GrOdin and/or AA Meta, maybe a Bastet and a heartbreaker or two. Stall on wave one, Lazor two and three, and blue up wave 4 with spread cattes and the 5-6 turns of preparation you could have from not carrying about the high defense rounds.

Edit: I guess the main problem would be killing enough of the lits on the first turn to make stalling viable.

AI binds one color at a time, Zeus can use any color for his bonus. Also, floors 2 and 3 don't care if you're at full HP and floor 4 starts you at full HP.

If you get the first floor down to 1 mythlit and have no overlapping colors you can basically stall for as long as you want, he'll take turns rotating between whoever isn't bound yet. That's why I did Kushi/Bastet, but I hosed up and used SO many stones on floor 4 because I couldn't kill them fast enough, even with Yomi. I'm terrible at gods that need a lot of combos :(

trucutru posted:

You lucky bastard, I hate you. I have a 4to1 drop rate for devilits vs angelits, and have only seen 1 tamadra drop (in around 8 runs).

What am I supposed to do with 15 devilits?

Feed them to dark meta for skillups :getin:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Jon Talbain posted:

This actually makes me depressed because last dark carnival/godfest I spent nearly 400 stones rolling for a hanzo, and didn't get a single one. :(

Edit: I might as well ask this here too, but do you guys think I should continue building my DMeta team even though I don't have a hanzo, or should I got for a Pandora team (who still needs hanzo) or go for a Yamato team since I have all the components for it (except ares and 20 million red exp)?

http://www.padherder.com/user/JonTalbain/

I am currently waiting for Horus evos (can't do twinlits, so going for f/f), but I have just been using all my kings towards skilling up king flamie because I just want to get it out of the way before using the kings on exp.

I'm going full steam ahead with my D Meta team even though I don't have Hanzo OR Gryps. In my case though I have no other teams capable of 16x multipliers, let alone the 16x multiplier + orb enhance and multiple row awakenings a D Meta team can do. You have a lot of options between U+Y, Horus, Kirin. Holy poo poo do you have 4 U+Y :stare:

Right now mine is:
Dark Meta
D/L Yomi
D/D Batman
L/D Rider Arthur, he's basically an attacker who can also break hearts into Dark which is honestly not bad at all
Whatever I need in slot 5

I've been using one of the Samurai dragons quite a lot because the HP is very useful, sometimes I need another delay past D/D Batman, sometimes the 5 turn heart > Dark and solid stats of a Vampire are what you need.

In your case you have an insane box and if you want to make a D Meta team work I don't think you need a Hanzo. Red Sonia has a great active and Awakenings for that team.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm starting to use my D Meta team a lot more and I don't have Dark/Gryps Rider or Hanzo, though I do have Light Rider and D/L Yomi. I use D/D Batman who has good stats, and the 1 turn delay can make or break a run for this team. If you're running low on dark orbs a lot there's also the option to use Vamp, he's not an attacker but a constant source of dark orbs and way to get rid of heart orbs makes up for it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Xtanstic posted:

Time to run Wednesday 10 stamina all day!

I still have Grundies left over :/ Keeper of Blue + Sapphlits is an rear end in a top hat move

Pete Zah posted:

Holy poo poo. Just subbed Satan for D/W vamp and got the clear. Thanks for the suggestion AWESOME GHOST.
No problem! A lot of the time I get in the mindset that every member of the team has to benefit from the attack bonus but a lot of actives can be worth having a member or two that doesn't fit.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Medpak posted:

I'd say you'd need at least 5-6 dark row awakenings to really kick it up. The big power gain with that team is from those. Keep in mind you can toss Satan in for 3 more when farming 'easy' stuff.

If you have a D Meta with at least 3 awakenings, and a friend with at least 3, you already have 4 dark row awakenings. I think Gryps only needs 1 for his dark row awakening, Arthur gets it after 3, as does D/D Batman. Yomi doesn't get any but does get extend time which is very good.

Eej posted:

Come on Devil subtype Viper Orochi!

Who am I kidding it'll just be Kirin, Haku and someone else.

Valkyrie, Blue Valkyrie, Dark Valkyrie. They won't stop until every color/sub color combo exists in Valkyrie form

Prowler posted:

Riders need a heartbreaker-level type ultimate/third evolution. I'd love to use the Dino Rider somewhere, since red and green is rare.

And a skillup dungeon! Although for whatever reason they are really, really adverse to the idea of buffing any Attackers.

PaulC posted:

Letting surveys decide this sort of thing is downright stupid from a game balance perspective. People are going to vote for the strongest monsters, making them even stronger. Everything else gets even worse by comparison.

And since new content has to be difficult enough to challenge the ultimate-evolved skilled-up Hakus, your Karin / Genbu will stand even less of a chance going forward.

I bet they're planning a bunch of busties anyway and this just determines which one they release first. Also the problem with F2P games is that balance will always go out the window because you just want people to spend more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

idiotsavant posted:

Speaking of which, any value in keeping more than one Golem? Had another green drop out of nowhere while running the Dungeon of Wood in Challenge mode. Kind of surprising.

Of different colors? Sure why not. Of the same color, you could eventually feed them for Awakenings if you're actually using a golem. They're honestly not that bad, not many things in the game can give you 5000 HP

• Locked thread