Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Use a Green Odin friend or a Lucifer friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Welp, while I was pretty nonplussed about the REM machine for the HK collab, like other have said I'm pretty happy with the actual dungeon. It's working out nice since I'm at a point in the game where I'm starting to get 'tired' of it (meaning I don't relish in grinding T5 normals all day anymore), so it's great having a fairly efficient stamina sink. I'm hoping to go from 91 stamina to 100 over the course of the collab so I can finally start stoning for supers and have a chance at some descendeds!

edit:

Pierson posted:

If I need a green sub to replace this Dub-emelit I've been using since I started playing should I just go for an Ogre/Goblin or is there some other, farmable green monster, I should go looking for?

The best "farmable" green sub is probably an Earth Golem, that you can find in a variety of dungeons as you can see in the link, the most efficient being floor 3 of Kronos Forest. Of course, it is a super rare drop.

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 28, 2014

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This may be the first godfest I skip. I really wanted a Chinese leader ever since I started playing, but my Izanagi team is finally starting to round out (now that Archangel gets a God subtype) and may actually see some play eventually, and that's all I really care about for now as far as 3.5x is concerned.

The Hero gods look pretty interesting as subs, but who knows how long it'll be before they get any skillup monsters.

Who am I kidding I'll roll at least once. At least it's during fire carnival, I'd have a hella beast fire team if I just had a leader.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Nice, I'm glad they took Friday to put up boring metal dragons before (presumably) getting to the rest of the colors. I plan to spend all my stamina trying to stockpile at least 4 dub mythlits (sans maybe 2-3 runs of drags for black pengdras, I want to clear all pengdras out this event!). Grinding one of those suckers out last Friday was beyond frustrating, and I'm going to need plenty more soon enough.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

2 rolls, star egg and silver egg. And my luck is instantly evened out from the last godfest.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Maxed my first monster tonight, D/L Batman. Maybe an odd choice, but he's a staple on both my Isis and U&Y teams - plus he actually gets quality stats all the way up.. unlike Gigas the Great who gets a whopping 2 atk every level up (he'll probably still be my first maxed fire monster though, just because the HP and max skill is so nice). Hopefully I'll max Isis today with the blue dragons coming around so I can be cool like all the high level Isis on my friends list :).

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Whoohoo, I was finally able to 0 stone a descended for the first time today. I managed to clear 2 Hero's three times "comfortably" with Isis/DL Batman/U&Y/Gigas the Great/Echidna/Horus. Isis, DL Bat and Horus were 95+, and the others were only 50-60. I had to use the DL delay on the vampires 2 of the times, but I could always kill Cu Chu before the Echidna delay ended because of the Gigas/Horus skill combo :).

I know it's the easiest descended, but I was just glad I could do it with my starting monster Isis, I didn't want to have to give in and give her up completely for late game content.

I think I suddenly have a viable green team now, with Cu Chu/Robin/GrOdin/King Woodsie/ADK Zeal (or Graviton Earth Dragon busty when they come out). Something to casually put exp toward at least :).

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Dang, I just lost on Legend Goemon using my extremely gimpy mono blue team that I hadn't actually ever used before. It was so close, Goemon had less than half a centimeter of health left on my phone. Maybe if I woulda tried to utilize the row awakenings on my I&I friend I coulda killed it, but I wasn't even thinking about it. I didn't even squander any big damage, plus I got lucky with the binds because they didn't hit my leaders.. so I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'll probably try again later when I get more stamina.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If you have less than 4 row awakenings it's usually more damage to just match orbs normally.

You're lucky that you have Monoblue for Goemon though, if you want you can even try a more defensive approach where you pair Hermes with Gabriel since pretty much everything in there is red already. Tanking through the binds is possible if you have a defense active like Golem to pop.

Oh yeah that's a good point. Maybe I will try replacing my Seig with my Ice Guardian. It would be nice if I could save the Batman delay for when he gets below 25%. Or maybe I'll replace batman, not sure which is more worth it.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Yeeeeea! Just attempted Goemon on Legend for a second time (after failing my first) using my previously mentioned super gimpy monoblue team, except I took The Awesome Ghost's advice and traded out my Siegfried for an Ice Guardian so I could get a bit more defensive. It really saved my bacon too, one turn I was below 10k HP with only 2 hearts on the board and it worked out like a charm and let me heal up a bit the next 2 turns. After that I played it out normally making as many good matches as I could until he got me below 10k again - he was at about 1/3 HP. Then I activated batman, and I popped Hermes and I&I, and saved the red orbs. Then I popped U&Y next turn for the red orbs and it was enough damage to take him down! He even dropped the egg, awesome!

Definitely the most rewarding experience I've had in this game so far.

edit: So what does a good Goemon team look like, Goemon + 3 Gigas and an Echidna? :v:

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 6, 2014

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Thanks for the Goemon discussion earlier, there's a lot more variety than I thought. I completely forgot the Fire Mechdragon gave + orbs, and I fully awakened one when it was around just because I could, convenient!

Gonna stop with 75 stamina left for Gold Dragons because I want to get in a few runs of the Friday dungeon with the last 4 hours of the 2x drop chance. I have about 28 dragons stockpiled. Is it.. is it enough? :ohdear:

Also yeah like the other guy said above, they got me to stone for box space for these stupid dragons, went from 170 to a clean 200. Well played, Gung Ho.

edit: just realized it's only the free stone that carries over to tomorrow, not the 2x chance. Oh well more Gold Dragons woo.

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 7, 2014

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Wheeee posted:

Good lord.

My second roll was Freyja, so I thought whatever I'll try for a top-tier. Got Ra after a couple more rolls but since I never play these puzzle games I figured I should get something easier to use and hey, the drop rate doesn't seem so bad.

Dozens of re-rolls at my desk at work later and I've yet to get another useful monster. Jesus christ what I am doing

Yeah you definitely goofed there, friend. The drop rate for good monsters is garbage, you got super lucky.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

It looks like free PAL points on the weekend may be becoming a thing? If so, awesome. The Kings will roll next time they come around :getin:.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Huh.. Weren't people hype for pirates at some point? Was it just because they're shiny and new? This one at least doesn't seem that great.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Ugh. Does Vampire even appear in Castle of Satan? Not even talking about getting him, just wanna know he exists and it's not some sort of cosmic joke.

Haha, I'm not sure how the game chooses monsters to spawn, but just looking at the common monster list for CoS, it has waaaaaaaay more common monsters than the average dungeon.Probably doesn't help your chances any :v:. We're probably due for his survey dungeon fairly soon, though!

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

~80 rolls, 2 Tamadra, 1 super dark, ~8 Kings, 1 evo'd pengdra, and ~3 +'s.

Now I'm sitting on 7 Tamadras not counting the free ones coming up, and I don't know what to use them on. The only monster I have that has interesting awakenings is GrOdin. I've been holding out for monsters with time extend awakenings because I feel like I can't activate U&Y consistently without them, but the only monster I have that has one is Robin, not sure if worth.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

What are tri fruits good for other than the new Ripper busties? And Tamadra drops.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

UchihaHirou posted:

Whelp, just cleared Hera Descended for the first time. Did not expect that to take almost 2 hours of grinding. Had to stone on Hera because after an hour and a half, I stopped looking at my health bar and missed needing to heal :negative: Max skilled Siren definitely helps though for those few times that you get heart trolled.

Same thing for me, took an hour and a half using GrOdin and FrickenMoron's Amaterasu, didn't have to stone though. I neglected to bring any other damage skills other than Odin, not making that mistake ever again :suicide:.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The best one on my list is psymonk_SA - 326,883,246 and +150.

That said, if he can deal with taking the RCV hit to use W/L instead, there's like three 297s, a 293, a 280, and Zydoran's 99/99/3. (Plus me.)

:v: Yes, very strong Isis. Please don't remove me W/L master race. (also other busty Isis feel free to add me :))

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

I was actually just looking into using the new busty Archangel as a poorman's Amaterasu (since people barely ever have her up, but there's always plenty of Odin's), fully awakened, her heal per turn is comparable. But yeah please don't use Tamadra on something that you can fully evolve for under 500k exp (healer girls). It's too much of a bargain to pass up.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

0 for goddamn 6 on dubmyths. loving hell. Super Rubys and godfest better treat me well, dammit.

Yeah I missed on Dubmyths a few times today and decided I was too high rank/level to put up with that nonsense anymore and started pushing through the T6 dungeons to get to starlight. I'd rather farm them there than throw stamina down the drain on the Friday dungeon.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

I'm personally saving my Minerva that I pulled a few Godfests ago as a nonbusty until I get a leader that would really compliment one of them... which basically means if somehow I ever miraculously pull a Red Sonia then I'll use her dark busty :v:.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Hit my 100 day bonus today, took it as a sign to roll them on godfest (like I would do anything else)

- Valkyrie (neat, definitely wanted one and am not strong enough for the dungeon yet)
- Grape Dragon (well not a gold but still REM only so...)
- Dragonette (ok that's enough..)

5 minutes later - There's so many things I want from the Dark Carnival and Godfest, I'm bound to get a good roll!

- 4* echidna :suicide:

When will I ever learn to roll until not gold and stop?? I can't believe you people don't break your phones when you get bad rolls off of actually paid for stones.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Managed to 1 stone Satan with my fairly meh U&Y team. I could 0 stoned it but I messed up a combo on Satan himself and I needed to stone to finish him off in 1 more turn. I say the team was meh but I guess it's not bad considering there are no hearts to break, so my Isis' skill actually came in handy. Coupled with GrOdin's auto heal, I had just enough damage to eat Satan's preemptive hit by <200 HP.

I did have a couple things go my way, the vampires all started on at least a 2 turn delay (not sure how lucky this is), I managed to stall perfectly for D/L batman's delay (which I could probably duplicate), and I did get a godlike 12 combo cascade 1 turn on Satan to take about half his health. I also ate my death on his "end of the world" turn, which would have been more important if I didn't kill him the very next turn I guess. I could probably 1 stone him consistently but 0 stoning would maybe take another great cascade.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Got to run Starlight Sanctuary 2nd level for the first time this weekend for 1.5x drops. Rewarded with 2 dub mythlits so far :). Soooooo much less soul crushing than not getting the drop on Friday dungeon.

As far as SSP is concerned, I just stopped after getting 2 (I got one from the REM last godfest, joy), because I just want to farm awakenings so I can busty her. I'll worry about skill ups next time it comes around if I still care. I honestly haven't ever had a problem stalling for Echidna anyways.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Huh, it looks like Tower of Jewels has both Mythlits and Dubmythlits listed as common monsters? I actually need about 6 mythlits right now at least, and more dubmyths are always nice. I guess I'll put some runs in and see what pops out when it come up. I still need to run it for the stone anyways.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Yeah they new Egyptian busties really helped out for challenge mode, I just run my busty Hermes (generally use Isis mainly) and then some combination of Horus/Isis/GrOdin/Bastet leaders. I feel like the 2/2 is better than 3x atk. I've done T5 floors with it, but I usually have only been doing challenge mode with leftover stamina before ranking up.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Wow! Blue Pirate dungeon has a U&Y skill up, nice. It doesn't even require evolution. I know they say higher difficulty has a better chance for invades, but what about just for rare monster drops?

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Her artwork is dishonest. King Baddie there in frame with her, but no devil subtype. She'd be a great Sonia sub in place of Vamp if she was.

Yeah.. if only all the Valk's had dual types. I've said it before but I was so salty when I learned normal Valk doesn't have a God subtype (when her dungeon is "The Goddess Descended", come on!). Izanagi/Raphael/Valk/Athena/Verche.. my dream team ruined :gonk:.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

So I had this rank 165 guy friend request me, and he had up a busty Green starter. Now I ususally keep people around on the invite list to see if they use some different leaders that may be of benefit to me, and so far this guy has so far put up also the busty Fire starter, and the busty Dark starter as well :v:.

All of them are max level.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

SaucyLoggins posted:

gently caress dub-mythlits. gently caress them in their stupid faces. 5 runs since Friday dungeon started and zero have dropped. I hate this stupid game. Why does every drat evo require one, yet the drop rate is so drat low even on 2x drop rate.

My advice is to rank up and level up your team ASAP so that you can do the 2nd level of Starlight Sanctuary on weekends when they have a 1.5 drop rate, and farm them there. Last weekend was my first go at that strat, and it is so much nicer. I got 3 dub myths and evenn if you don't get one during a run you at least get good rank exp and garbage monsters.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

AAAAAAAAAAAAA JUST ROLLED EXACTLY THE MONSTER I WAS LOOKING FOR FROM THE GODFEST!!!!! (Apollo, yes not from the godfest haha) I only had 2 rolls and got him on the 2nd. (Got a mystic knight with the first roll of course).

I've wanted an Apollo ever since I rolled a Raphael. I'm looking at a team that's something like Apollo/Raphael/Izanagi/Verche/Valkyrie or Athena once I finally get one. :) :) Any other possible different combo's/subs?

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

After 2 terribly short single roll rounds of roll 'til not gold god fests, thought I'd have some luck on this one.

Mystic Light Knight :(

Better than rolling 4 silver eggs on one godfest, I applaud your will power. I have yet to successfully "roll until not gold", I always drop at least 1 or 2 salty rolls later in the day.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Dj Meow Mix posted:

One random roll gets Raphael and Hera Is drops on my first play, it's like they want me to keep playing.

Are there team builds that use Raphael as a sub? He seems like he would combo pretty well for mono light or light dominant teams with heartbreakers/row enhances?

As someone that rolled a Raphael a few godfests ago, I was really looking for a team to fit him into and these were my conclusions. The biggest problem is that he is a God type, and the only Light heartbreaker (Valk) is a healer type. If one of them ever gets the other's type they will be a fantastic combination (you gotta think Raphael will get a healer subtype once he gets a busty). As it stands right now though, the only god light heartbreaker is Apollo (Of course, I just rolled one this godfest! :yayclod:). I also have an Izanagi, and I'm gonna try to farm an Athena in a few days and end up with a team of Athena/Izanagi/Raphael/Apollo/Verche.

...and then I'm gonna try and farm 20 million light exp :negative:.

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 1, 2014

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Alright, what about mochizuki chiyome?

Can I play the game now?

Not a great starter. If it's not on the list it really means it's not a good starter.

That being said, if you want you can try to slog through content until the next godfest (speculated to happen in the next 3-4 days) just to see if you can deal with her bad leader power. Once you evolve her one time her leader power actually gets significantly better, but that will be a bit of a grind to get the materials you need for that. Not sure how much, it's been awhile since I started the game.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

ChikoDemono posted:

Took 75 days, but finally reached rank 100. Officially giving up the pengdra cycle helped. Celebrated by increasing my friends list slightly.

You know, it's funny. I forsook the pengdra cycle for awhile in an effort to sprint to 100 stamina ASAP. Now that I'm here though, I really see no point in grinding hard like that anymore. All garbage monsters aren't worth the coins it takes to feed them to my highish level monsters anymore, and I'm not about to grind to 150 stamina any time soon. Thus, I just run whatever dragons/pengdras or certain descended dungeons there are that day just to be done with my stamina :v:.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

1 roll on the REM: silver egg

2 rolls on the PAL immediately after: 2 golds

:suicide:

also where are blue dragons for B group?? afdasdfsadfsdfsdfasdf

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Gotta say that I really appreciate Gung Ho giving Isis and Odin skill ups thursday dungeon components. It's still is a grind dropping a pengdra worth of exp and getting keepers, but I'll take thursday dungeon components over -lits any day. At least you know you're gonna get something you need running the dungeon. It also helps that I have both those monsters :).

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

trucutru posted:

Stockholm Syndrome.txt

Haha. At least I haven't spent money on this game, so I'm still winning right?? :colbert:

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

I love these PAL point giveaways! I'm beginning to wonder if I should be saving them for if we ever get twinlits in the machine instead of Kings, and then unload 50 emails of points in hopes of getting a couple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

Did 2 rolls, got a FA Lucifer.. RIGHT AFTER the EVA collab ends of course :suicide:.

• Locked thread