Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
New game, new thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thom12255 posted:

How did they forget the maps

:lesnick:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Runaway Bro posted:

You got a flash drive?

Yeah, I wasn't sure the old copy folder trick works, or whether there is a sort of downloadable full Installer, but apparently folder transfer works.

Aw crap DL started at 3 mb/s now down to 300kb/s... 7 hours to go

Hopper fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 4, 2014

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Klyith posted:

But in all three cases Chris Roberts still has $45 million dollars.

My goal is to play a space game that isn't poo poo, I couldn't care less if someone gets rich as gently caress or commits suicide for setting his life savings on fire in the process of making the game.

I doubt the Chris Roberts team will come around and make a worthwhile game. I am not aware of single instance of a money grabbing game company turning around 180 and developing a game that isn't a money black hole.

Chris claimed he wanted to protect himself from money grabbing publishers who would gently caress around with his game vision. Instead, he is resorting to their ways of doing things (making money).

Good game, bad game. lovely publisher, poor developer. The bottom feeder constant hasn't changed. The gamer/backer/crazed fan of -insert game here- is being milked off his money harder than ever in the history of the gamer milking industry.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jun 4, 2014

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Been fun, thread. Thanks for all the good times.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

The Meat Dimension posted:

Been fun, thread. Thanks for all the good times.

Likewise. I can't wait to start reading the new thread and all the GBS visitors laughing about how the social/planet-side module is never EVER coming out.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Goredema posted:

Likewise. I can't wait to start reading the new thread and all the GBS visitors laughing about how the social/planet-side module is never EVER coming out.

But it would have to be announced and delayed before there were any visitors. I don't think it's been announced yet, much less delayed.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:
LAST!!!

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

drat.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Now that there is a game, what will this thread do?

And, when does the new one come out?

E: saw the link for the new thread... Please don't post in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Gerbil_Pen posted:

Now that there is a game, what will this thread do?

And, when does the new one come out?

Dunno, maybe aks here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730

• Locked thread