Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Hooray, a new thread!

If any fellow Star Citispergs want some desktop backgrounds, I found a great cache here. Many are available in >3000px sizes.

My current desktop is Goss II Landing Pad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

frood posted:

Yeah I did that, that's how I knew I didn't get Alpha/Beta access. This is what I see:

I guess I'll email them and see what they say.

Yeah, silly CIG did multiple purchasable products with different features that have the exact same name.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

frood posted:

Yeah I did that, that's how I knew I didn't get Alpha/Beta access. This is what I see:

You might have to pay an extra $10 or so but I'm sure they'll be willing to help.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

May the multiple goons orgs live in relative harmony and be blessed by the sweat of Sir Roberts brow.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

For anyone on the fence about this, please take a look at the only gameplay that exists so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlMf9B1ZD0I

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

frood posted:

As was said earlier, email CIG support and ask if you can upgrade to the Scout - LTI (I think the name was the same or similar) package which includes Alpha and Beta access. It should will be another $5 or $10 depending on if you are an original backer or not.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

Note: Awesome inc.
Sometimes I see your work and am tempted to pack up my photoshops and go home. Outstanding, as always sir.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

Lokee posted:

Sometimes I see your work and am tempted to pack up my photoshops and go home. Outstanding, as always sir.

Never sir! We must remain united in bolstering the moral of Goonrathi until the end of time and the extinction of mortal flesh.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
louisgod is a j4g :pwn:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

BurtLington posted:

Those HUDs are looking pretty slick, hope they aren't too bloated though. I guess there will be an option to have a simplified HUD?

It looks like the HUD will simplify quite a bit. You can see it happening at the very end of this seven-minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6TMS7fGXIY&t=415s

That video has another few seconds of WIP Hornet stuff: startup and another couple of seconds.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

CLAM DOWN posted:

For anyone on the fence about this, please take a look at the only gameplay that exists so far:

Oh my God, imagine that with Oculus Rift™.

It's like I'm excited all over again.

And by the way, aren't you in Starfleet Dental, the super exclusive guild full of mega-goons and elite dentists, devastating winners of the first PVP meta-gaming in Star Citizen and heroes of the gaming world for defeating Slavik and Ben Lesnick and forcing them to cheat in order to save face?

Or aren't you?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Broccoli Cat posted:

oh my god imagine that with Oculus Rift

it's like I'm excited all over again.

-and by the way, aren't you in Starfleet Dental, the super exclusive guild full of mega-goons and elite dentists, devastating winners of the first PVP meta-gaming in Star Citizen and heroes of the gaming world for defeating Slavik and Ben Lesnick and forcing them to cheat in order to save face?

-or aren't you?

I'm going to fly you like a flag.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Smarmy Coworker posted:

louisgod is a j4g :pwn:

I came hear because I heard there were files but where are da files? THIS PLACE SUCKS.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is the single player going to be like?

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

I said come in! posted:

In short: Wing Commander, with some outside the ship boarding/FPS missions thrown in, and online co-op play.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Hopefully a lot like Freespace 2.

Any idea if they are spending some of their massive budget on some proper voice talent? I don't remember seeing it in the stretch goals. Freespace 2 had some great voice actors.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

I said come in! posted:

A series of missions and objectives that track your career as a member of the UEE, the quasi-fascist gubment that runs poo poo in the future. You'll be ranking up and flying a variety of ships. There will be "choose your path" branching interaction with NPCs(with next gen interactions) and you may forge friendships and alliances with them that will carry over into the PU in the form of discounts("You flew combat sortees with my Uncle Maynard, have this flux capacitor for 20% off") or other favors.

At the end of the campaign, you'll muster out of the UEE, having earned your citizenship(love you, Heinlein) and have a pocket full of cash to start the MMO with. Skipping the SP means you won't get citizenship(which entitles you to a bunch of rights) but it can still be earned in the PU.

e:

BurtLington posted:

Any idea if they are spending some of their massive budget on some proper voice talent? I don't remember seeing it in the stretch goals. Freespace 2 had some great voice actors.

Can't give you any links, but this has been addressed a couple of times, once on cam by CR himself. Expect lots of recognizable voice talent and some nostalgic throwbacks to his previous works. Could you imagine Jon Benjamin as your co-pilot? This needs to happen...

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 27, 2014

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

Never sir! We must remain united in bolstering the moral of Goonrathi until the end of time and the extinction of mortal flesh.
Right then, for goon and glory!

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Lokee posted:

Right then, for goon and glory!

Text that was not respectful of the Glorious Peoples' Moderators of the CIG Republik
Removed by request of Eldragon. Now back to quiet, contemplative discussion of the game.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 27, 2014

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Asteroid hanger info :allears:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13497-First-Look-Asteroid-Hangar

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

It's old pictures, but at least it's an update (kind of). :unsmith:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Louisgod, I don't care what Goredema says about you, you're a cool dude

CLAM DOWN posted:

Every time I watch this I imagine that the cart is a tiny gerbil inside your freelancer

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

Louisgod, I don't care what Goredema says about you, you're a cool dude
:argh:

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Mocking RSI forum mods maybe falls under "Importing RSI Forum Drama". At minimum, it does Goons no favors (Do you really think only goons can read this thread?).

Lets all agree to end it right now.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How soon until this thread gets locked?

Edit - On a serious note, I'm pretty positive the schedule is getting delayed more. Unless I missed an announcement saying they were on track and provided more "hard dates" than they had previously mentioned.

Also I don't know if its worth it but the article I did on the "Grey Market" might be worth linking to in the OP as a "be aware of what goes on/what can happen" sort of thing.

http://themittani.com/features/star-citizens-grey-market

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 27, 2014

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Eldragon posted:

Mocking RSI forum mods maybe falls under "Importing RSI Forum Drama". At minimum, it does Goons no favors (Do you really think only goons can read this thread?).

This is a FANTASTIC idea.

I agree to this wholeheartedly in the spirit of winning valued friendships and generating goodwill with the respected mods of RSI reading this thread right now.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
AnythingFPS posted something new, apparently his last video was a test of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgNK_wpuPn4

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Broccoli Cat posted:

I agree to this wholeheartedly in the spirit of winning valued friendships and generating goodwill with the respected mods of RSI reading this thread right now.

Cool, now let's shut the hell up about the dumb RSI forums because I feel they've already been brought up one time too many.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Eldragon posted:

Confirmed: Eldragon is Ben Lesnick.

But no, seriously, at this point, the less interaction anyone has with the RSI mods, the better, I think.

On a thread-rules note: does the ship trading/buying/selling rule also apply to giving stuff away? If I recall, we had at least one contest going at the end of the last thread that never got resolved.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'll let the mods decide that one. I think the intended purpose was to keep this from turning into a ship market. Personally I would be okay with giveaways since that tends to spurn some awesome material.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Octopode posted:

On a thread-rules note: does the ship trading/buying/selling rule also apply to giving stuff away? If I recall, we had at least one contest going at the end of the last thread that never got resolved.

I'd like to keep anything that can be considered a transaction, including giveaways, out of the thread but let me throw it by the other mods and I'll get back to you guys. Really this thread should be focused on the game and only the game, especially since it's not even out yet. Talking about giving virtual ships away when it's not out seems way premature.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Well, I finally set up my RSI account. I pledged during the Star Citizen kickstarter and never set up my account, and today when I tried to go back to my old emails from them from a year ago about setting up my account, the links all 404'd. So I talked to RSI support to get my account set up, and they gave me all the whatever rewards I was supposed to get.

I haven't been paying much attention to Star Citizen since the Kickstarter. I'm a little surprised at how much stuff you can buy in the store, and for what prices. Well... now that my account is properly set up, I can go back to totally ignoring Star Citizen until I can actually play something!

Though I hear there's that hangar module nowadays. Is it worth installing to look at a virtual spaceship?

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.

HJE-Cobra posted:

Well, I finally set up my RSI account. I pledged during the Star Citizen kickstarter and never set up my account, and today when I tried to go back to my old emails from them from a year ago about setting up my account, the links all 404'd. So I talked to RSI support to get my account set up, and they gave me all the whatever rewards I was supposed to get.

I haven't been paying much attention to Star Citizen since the Kickstarter. I'm a little surprised at how much stuff you can buy in the store, and for what prices. Well... now that my account is properly set up, I can go back to totally ignoring Star Citizen until I can actually play something!

Though I hear there's that hangar module nowadays. Is it worth installing to look at a virtual spaceship?

You can use some .pak file editing to let you look at all the virtual spaceships if you want.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

HJE-Cobra posted:

I think starting the hangar module download from the RSI site (Link) will credit you 10,000 spacebux which you can use on an extra weapon or something completely cosmetic like extra fish in your fishtank or a poster or something. I'd say get the spacebux and just hang onto them until the dogfight launches.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
:siren:Contests/Giveaways:

Mod/admin consensus is that contests and/or giveaways are fine WITH THE FOREKNOWLEDGE that SA is in no way, shape or form held responsible for you guys not getting your fake spaceships and will take no action to help you get your fake spaceships if it falls through. Also, if the thread gets closed in the middle of a contest then you'll be SOL too!

So! Do a contest/giveaway at your own discretion knowing the mod team is completely hands-off.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

I'm curious how other goons voted in the joystick poll?

Personally I plan to play this game with a HOTAS and an Oculus Rift.

Binkenstein
Jan 18, 2010

Louisgod posted:

:siren:Contests/Giveaways:

Mod/admin consensus is that contests and/or giveaways are fine WITH THE FOREKNOWLEDGE that SA is in no way, shape or form held responsible for you guys not getting your fake spaceships and will take no action to help you get your fake spaceships if it falls through. Also, if the thread gets closed in the middle of a contest then you'll be SOL too!

So! Do a contest/giveaway at your own discretion knowing the mod team is completely hands-off.

We were about to do the third edition of the Great Galactic Goon Giveaway when the previous thread was gassed. I'm hoping we can resurrect it, because that was fun.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I am looking forward to this. It will be funny when it's fully released before UI2.0 and CW in MWO are.

I also seem to have 11,000 credits, I assume nothing is worth buying yet since we don't know what the various weapons actually do or how well they do it?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Rastor posted:

I'm curious how other goons voted in the joystick poll?

Personally I plan to play this game with a HOTAS and an Oculus Rift.

Really hard to vote when we don't know what the gameplay is like. If the have Mouse Aiming like Freespace 2 or War Thunder, I'm going Orbweaver+Mouse, If they make Mouse Aiming terrible I'll use a joystick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

THF13 posted:

I think starting the hangar module download from the RSI site (Link) will credit you 10,000 spacebux which you can use on an extra weapon or something completely cosmetic like extra fish in your fishtank or a poster or something. I'd say get the spacebux and just hang onto them until the dogfight launches.

I'm totally buying all the fish, jellyfish and hermit crabs when the social hangars go live. They'll make great convo pieces when guests arrive.

• Locked thread