Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
A friend got me watching this, and while it's decent, I think it's an excuse to watch the ED that keeps me coming back. It's so goddamn catchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I think my biggest problem with the show is how boring all of the "protagonists" are, or at least as they are presented so far. I suppose the line between good and bad is pretty blurry in this, but I mean the main character just seems really two dimensional as far as male anime protagonists go, before Honoka became "involved" in all of the witchcraft business what exactly was it that he did to wile the hours away? (aside from collecting penguin plushes). It could just be that SnK was the last real anime/manga I got into but Ayaka is pretty much the exact same archtype as Mikasa in just about every way, it's great to have strong female protagonists but it seems really self defeating to give them literally no personality beyond "I love male protagonist X."

It just seems weird to me to make every other character besides the protagonists infinitely more likeable, if only because they have personalities.

• Locked thread