Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frank Serpico
Aug 8, 2005

Oh man, it's total gridlock!!
This thread needs a bump because this game is pretty drat fun. Keep up the good work, Lucid!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Yeah this game rules. Not enough people know about it.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Frank Serpico posted:

This thread needs a bump because this game is pretty drat fun. Keep up the good work, Lucid!!

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Yeah this game rules. Not enough people know about it.

Thanks, I'm glad you folks are enjoying what we have so far =D

I pushed a small update today, nothing particularly interesting but it fixed a few nasty bugs introduced in the last update.

Version 0.39.2
- Torches can now be equipped in the quick slot
- You can no longer place blocks over torches
- Fixed an issue with the timing on repeated hits with a pick that was resulting in a faster than intended overall mining speed
- You can no longer place platforms in the background
- Fixed a bug that caused the big chicken to heal during the fight
- Hopefully fixed the floating grass issues around bases during worldgen
- Fixed an issue that could cause the pod to become stuck during the intro
- Fixed some minor sound issues during the pod landing section
- Added recipe obtained text similar to the item pickup text
- Fixed some bugs related to switching characters
- Added light mob hostility setting to sandbox menu, allows you to generate worlds that spawn fewer mobs
- Work on an issue that results in a stuck screen with a warning about the resolution changing for some players

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
I worked on potions tonight, check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipPfURyzyFs

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Here is a sneak peak of this gross thing:

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
I just want to say, I know it sometimes is quiet in this thread, but your updates are always super awesome to me. I cannot wait for this game!

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I just want to say, I know it sometimes is quiet in this thread, but your updates are always super awesome to me. I cannot wait for this game!

Awesome, glad you're digging it =D

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Lucid Dream posted:

Here is a sneak peak of this gross thing:

How big is that thing in relation to player?

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Bernardo Orel posted:

How big is that thing in relation to player?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
That's a pretty funny answer, though my first guess would've been about 6 inches, on average.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Just added a GPS thing that sets a beacon on your map when it is dropped in the world so you can carry it around and then find your corpse when you die. The item itself is a placeholder and I probably need to use a color with more of a contrast from the terrain purple but its totally functional.

and here is a gif of me dancing in patchwork armor:

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 6, 2014

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
We've been looking for more things to make for the device/accessory slots, so we added this biometric scanner last night (mob health display) it'll be in the next update.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
This looks like it's made from the same people who did Happy Wheels.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

I am Toni Lippi posted:

This looks like it's made from the same people who did Happy Wheels.

Both use rigged 2d characters with relatively realistic proportions, but that's about the only connection.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Spent some time working on this science fiction leaf blower, because why not

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Lucid Dream posted:

Spent some time working on this science fiction leaf blower, because why not

I feel like every game needs a science fiction leaf blower.

But it seriously looks like something out of a JJ Abrams Apple Store.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Michaellaneous posted:

But it seriously looks like something out of a JJ Abrams Apple Store.

The future is shiny and plastic, that is simply a fact.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Lucid Dream posted:

The future is shiny and plastic, that is simply a fact.

And it is filled with lens fares.

Tell you what. If you implement a lens flare machine, I will buy this game.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Michaellaneous posted:

And it is filled with lens fares.

Tell you what. If you implement a lens flare machine, I will buy this game.

Too late, already implemented.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Lucid Dream posted:

Too late, already implemented.

Love you.

By the way, if you are looking for a german translstor, I would be more than happy to do that.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Michaellaneous posted:

Love you.

By the way, if you are looking for a german translstor, I would be more than happy to do that.

Things are still in flux so much that its probably not worth doing translations in the short term, but shoot an email to playsignsoflife@gmail.com and I'll get back to you when we get to the point that we want to start working on translations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
$6 in the newest weekly humble bundle

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Hat Thoughts posted:

$6 in the newest weekly humble bundle

Sure is, now is the time to snap it up if you were on the fence, there are some other pretty cool games in the bundle as well :)

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
I was not planning to get the 6 bucks tier because it looked at first like a terraria/starbound.
Then I clicked this thread. Saw those gifs. Holy poo poo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

My experience in this genre of games is like 20 minutes in terraria so I'm not a veteran or anything but I had fun with this for awhile last night. The only negative things that stuck out for me were small interface issues like not being able to put the crafting menu on a keybind (unless I missed the option) and needing to click on something to see what it is in the menus rather than just hovering. Overall really cool and I'm glad I grabbed this.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Awesome! posted:

My experience in this genre of games is like 20 minutes in terraria so I'm not a veteran or anything but I had fun with this for awhile last night. The only negative things that stuck out for me were small interface issues like not being able to put the crafting menu on a keybind (unless I missed the option) and needing to click on something to see what it is in the menus rather than just hovering. Overall really cool and I'm glad I grabbed this.

I hadn't thought about putting the buttons on binds, but that shouldn't be too difficult. Right now we're using the f-keys for debug stuff, but those seem like the most obvious candidates for that by default. Good call on the tooltips in the crafting menus, I totally forgot about that.
edit: Had a few minutes this morning

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 13, 2014

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Someone recently pointed out that there weren't enough heat sources to cook food and stuff so we made this scientific portable grill last night:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Are those pokeballs?

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Dareon posted:

Are those pokeballs?

No way, didn't you see the pink mohawk?

I originally did it as a joke, but we're totally going to use the mechanic for something

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Just updated to version 0.40

New Content
  • Added female gender option to character creator

• Ant Biome - Added to newly generated worlds

• 5 new creatures, including one mini-boss
    • A new melee weapon
    • 2 new throwable weapons
    • 4 new deposits
  • Energy Slicer - Voted on by the community, this gun uses energy to fire and pierces through up to 3 creatures

• Salves - Equippable devices/accessories
    • Regenerative Salve - A salve that grants a small boost to health regeneration.
    • Influx Salve - A salve that grants a small boost to energy regeneration.
    • Burn Salve - A salve specially designed to make you fire resistant. Grants 25% fire resist.
    • Corrosive Salve - A salve that grants 25% resistance to that gross spitter goo and other corrosives.
  • Tonics - Drinkable and throwable, uses fullness and grants various effects
    • Clarity Tonic - Cures negative status effects
    • Blast Tonic - Explodes if thrown or if you drink it. Don't drink it
    • Heal Tonic - A strong heal over time. We will likely eventually replace this with something more realistic like bandages down the line, but we already made it so we figured we'd throw it in the game for now
  • Added new clothing items

• Black Leather Jacket
    • Black Tank Top
    • Black Sports Bra
    • Red Skirt
    • Red and White Shirt
    • Yoga Pants
  • Added Biometric Scanner Device - When equipped, it shows the health of creatures in the world

• Added GPS Tracker - When dropped in the world, this item creates a long-range GPS signal visible on any standard MEG tool map
  • Added Tech Blower - Blows items and mobs around, consumes energy

• Added Tech Portable Grill - Can be carried around in your inventory, and once it is placed in the world and deployed it can be used as a heat source

• Added Mortar and Pestle tool, required for some recipes
  • Added D6 Polymer, a new material that is made by refining plastic with anthracite as an additive.
  • Added a few AGIS tutorial/info popups
  • Tweaked the Pioneer Station a bit, including adding a new room to the barracks

Gameplay Changes
  • Reduced held flashlight energy cost from 4 to 2 per second
  • Reduced wrist light energy cost from 3 to 1 per second
  • Wrist laser energy cost reduced from 5 to 3.5 per second
  • Bows now do up to 50% more damage when fully drawn
  • Bows now take 50% longer to draw

• Arrows and other ammo are now salvaged as a stack
  • Increased speed of bullets and updated some projectile effects
  • Magnum round damage increased from 15 to 18
  • Beds now advance the time from night to day and from day to night and fully heal the player
  • Beds now weigh 100 pounds
  • Guns, bows and crossbows should now automatically pick a new ammo type if they run out of ammo and you attempt to fire
  • Laser pistol no longer requires you to find the blueprint in-world
  • Addeed

[h1]Recipe Changes[/h1]
  • Black Powder, Propellant and Thermite Charge recipes now requires a mortar and pestle tool
  • Replaced Steel with D6 Polymer in most furniture requirements
  • Added D6 Polymer requirement to Tech Bed and Tech Terminal recipes
  • Replaced Steel requirement with D6 Polymer on the Magnetic Inductor

UI Changes
  • Items that are crafted or picked up with the grab laser are now highlighted in your inventory
  • Added item name hover tooltips to items in containers and other menus
  • Increased maximum font size for item requirements in the crafting and build window

New Recipes
  • Ant biome melee weapon (1x Ant Queen Claw Segment, 5x Ant Chitin, 5x Ant Ichor)
  • Ant biome grenade (1x Ant Chitin, 1x Ant Ichor)
  • GPS Tracker (4x LED, 1x Iron Ingot, 1x Rough Topax, 1x Copper Wire, must be found in-world to get the recipe)
  • Energy Slicer (1x Steel Gun Parts, 4x Bronze Ingots, 1x Microchip, 1x Copper Wire, 1x Large Battery)
  • Salves
    • Regenerative Salve (2x Unrefined Glass, 4x Juicy Fruit, Tool: Mortar and Pestle)
    • Influx Salve (2x Unrefined Glass, 4x Bloo Fruit, Tool: Mortar and Pestle)
    • Burn Salve (2x Unrefined Glass, 4x Bana Fruit, Tool: Mortar and Pestle)
    • Corrosive Salve (2x Unrefined Glass, 15x Spitter Extract, Tool: Mortar and Pestle)
  • Tonics
    • Empty Tonic Vessel (1x Unrefined Glass, 1x D6 Polymer)
    • Clarity Tonic (1x Empty Tonic Vessel, 1x Strange Herb, 2x Bana Fruit, Tool: Mortar and Pestle)
    • Heal Tonic (1x Empty Tonic Vessel, 1x Strange Herb, 2x Juicy Fruit, Tool: Mortar and Pestle)
    • Blast Tonic (1x Empty Tonic Vessel, 1x Strange Herb, 2x Biofuel, Tool: Mortar and Pestle)
  • New Clothing
    • Black Leather Jacket (3x Hide, Tool: Scissors)
    • Black Tank Top (3x Cotton Bolt, Tool: Scissors)
    • Black Sports Bra (3x Cotton Bolt, Tool: Scissors)
    • Red Skirt (3x Cotton Bolt, Tool: Scissors)
    • Red and White Shirt (3x Cotton Bolt, Tool: Scissors)
    • Yoga Pants (3x Cotton Bolt, Tool: Scissors)
    • Orange Shorts (3x Cotton Bolt, Tool: Scissors)
  • Flare Gun (3x Plastic, 2x Iron Ingots, 4x Tin Rivets)
  • Biometric Scanner (1x Microchip, 1x Steel Ingot, 2x Plastic, 1x Unrefined Glass, 1x Medium Battery)
  • Steel Machine Parts (3x Steel Ingots, Tool: Material Printer)
  • Tech Blower (12x Plastic, 1x Steel Machine Parts, 4x D6 Polymer, 1x Large Battery, 12x Steel Rivets, Tool: Material Printer)
  • Portable Tech Grill (1x Steel Machine Parts, 4x D6 Polymer, 1x Large Battery, 2x Copper Wires, Tool: Material Printer)
  • Mortar and Pestle (1x Log, 1x Stick, Tool: Saw)

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that would result in the cricket drone being disabled before you get to it
  • Fixed some issues with world generation that would lead to strange holes under bases
  • Possibly fixed a bug that would result in lost items when dropped in the world
  • Projects that are destroyed should now always drop a power core if it is required to build it or has a power core installed at the time it is destroyed
  • Fixed some animation issues related to moving the mouse very close to the player's head
  • Possible fix for rare crash during crafting, not totally sure as I can't replicate the bug myself
  • More fixes for floating grass/foliage near bases
  • Fixed a bug that resulted in the enemy damage noise being too loud
  • Fixed a bug that would result in the player getting stuck in an animation after falling through a platform
  • Fixed some animation issues with the bed
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the big chicken to not fly away at the end of a fight
  • A bunch of other things I forgot about
  • Fixed a bug that could result in items in the wrong place if you closed the inventory menu while dragging an item
  • Fixed a bug with item pickup notification and blocks
  • Impalers can no longer spawn on the bottom of platforms
  • You should no longer be able to knock around Impalers
  • Fixed some missing/inaccurate item names

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

:eyepop: that's a lot of stuff! good work.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Picked this up in the bundle the other week and tried playing it today, but it won't launch. I sent in an error report, but this is the crux of it:

quote:

System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): SQL logic error or missing database
no such table: worlds

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Picked this up in the bundle the other week and tried playing it today, but it won't launch. I sent in an error report, but this is the crux of it:

Hey sorry about that, introduced that bug with a hotfix but I just pushed another one so as long as Steam has updated your copy again you should be good to go.
Edit: Actually, I take that back - you'll probably need to go to my documents/my games/ and delete the signs of life folder

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 20, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lucid Dream posted:

Hey sorry about that, introduced that bug with a hotfix but I just pushed another one so as long as Steam has updated your copy again you should be good to go.
Edit: Actually, I take that back - you'll probably need to go to my documents/my games/ and delete the signs of life folder

Oh hey, there we go. Thanks for that!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I also got this in a bundle and am having fun, I'm curious though, I've only played a bit but it seems like the world is pretty small, I already ran all the way around it. Should I be spending more time underground?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I found a iron pick at a mining outpost and used it to dig tunnels deep into the earth, I haven't found anything more than a level 0 keycard but whatever I'm just digging for different ores, I only found copper and iron and a lot of coal so far.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Reason posted:

I also got this in a bundle and am having fun, I'm curious though, I've only played a bit but it seems like the world is pretty small, I already ran all the way around it. Should I be spending more time underground?

The world is about as deep as it is wide by default, and in order to get better equipment you need to mine for ore and resources and whatnot. You can generate a new world in the sandbox menu from the main menu and select a larger map which will just increase the horizontal width. We figured we should stick to the smaller one by default for now because we haven't really come up with enough surface-level content to justify the extra world generation time at this point.

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013
Found a bug-one of the "dungeons" here, in this case the arrow shaped one the one that gives you the jewel bow blueprints if I'm not mistaken; the lower half of the dungeon, including the entrance, has spawned beneath the impenetrable bedrock at the bottom of the map.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

VStraken posted:

Found a bug-one of the "dungeons" here, in this case the arrow shaped one the one that gives you the jewel bow blueprints if I'm not mistaken; the lower half of the dungeon, including the entrance, has spawned beneath the impenetrable bedrock at the bottom of the map.

Ah thanks, and sorry about that. You can open the console by pressing t and use /tp right <number of tiles> to teleport yourself over and into the prefab if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013
Awesome, thanks! Loving the game so far!

By the way, the ant biome may need a bit of balancing in terms of drops; I was able to go directly from bone armor and a few iron weapons/tools straight to full steel armor/sword/pick in no time flat.

• Locked thread