Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

VStraken posted:

Awesome, thanks! Loving the game so far!

By the way, the ant biome may need a bit of balancing in terms of drops; I was able to go directly from bone armor and a few iron weapons/tools straight to full steel armor/sword/pick in no time flat.

Ooohh you're right, I didn't think about that. What in particular let you tech up so quick? Ore in the ant blocks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013
Cracking open the ant food deposits and those bubble things that hang from the ceilings. It seems to especially be the ones that keep dripping the sticky stuff that your character can get covered in-every one of those seemed to drop a steel ingot.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

VStraken posted:

Cracking open the ant food deposits and those bubble things that hang from the ceilings. It seems to especially be the ones that keep dripping the sticky stuff that your character can get covered in-every one of those seemed to drop a steel ingot.

Ohhhh... that is definitely unintended, thanks for the heads up.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
Is there ever any plans to add multiplayer?

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Is there ever any plans to add multiplayer?

Yeah, we've got a framework in place for multiplayer (the singleplayer actually runs a local server) but we haven't really messed with it in awhile so until we really dig into it I can't give any kind of ETA.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Lucid Dream posted:

Yeah, we've got a framework in place for multiplayer (the singleplayer actually runs a local server) but we haven't really messed with it in awhile so until we really dig into it I can't give any kind of ETA.

I know this is the #1 thing that is keeping everyone I know from picking this game up. I'm sure there are lots of others too. I am not by any means trying to tell you what to focus on but just figured I'd give you my 2 cents on what people are really holding out for.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

I know this is the #1 thing that is keeping everyone I know from picking this game up. I'm sure there are lots of others too. I am not by any means trying to tell you what to focus on but just figured I'd give you my 2 cents on what people are really holding out for.

Yeah we figured as much. Its definitely something we're going to be prioritizing pretty soon.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

The wiki says I should start seeing loosely-scattered graphite about 100 blocks down, but I've gone several times that far and haven't found a single piece. Is it possible it just wasn't added during world generation, or am I just having really bad luck?

I generated the world using the current version, if that would make a difference.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Any plans on a mac version?

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Armor-Piercing posted:

The wiki says I should start seeing loosely-scattered graphite about 100 blocks down, but I've gone several times that far and haven't found a single piece. Is it possible it just wasn't added during world generation, or am I just having really bad luck?

I generated the world using the current version, if that would make a difference.
Graphite isn't even in the game, although granite might be around that depth or maybe deeper. Coal should be about that depth, and anthracite is nearly at the bottom of the map. I have no idea how accurate the information on the wiki is, I need to spend some time going through it sometime.

Michaellaneous posted:

Any plans on a mac version?
Not in the short term, but possibly down the line.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Worked on this OCD button tonight:

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Lucid Dream posted:

Worked on this OCD button tonight:

That looks wonderful! I got this a while ago and finally booted it up today and I'm hooked.

One suggestion: I've been playing the hell out of another "survive alone on an alien planet" game, Factorio, and it's really making me wish that intermediate crafting items like leather straps are automatically crafted when you try to make an item that requires it.

The way Factorio does it works really well. To craft a basic transport belt you need:

1 iron plate (made in a furnace from iron ore)
1 gear (made from 2 iron plates)

When you go to craft the transport belt, instead of making you go through the additional step of making a gear and then crafting the belt, the game gives you a total material cost (3 iron) for the finished product and all intermediate items and will automatically make the intermediate items for you if there are none in your inventory.

The way it's implemented helps simply Factorio's super complicated crafting system tremendously and relieves the player of the burden of keeping track of their stock of countless intermediate components.

VStraken
Oct 27, 2013
^^^

Having played factorio, i heartily second this! It is a nice quality of life feature.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

One suggestion: I've been playing the hell out of another "survive alone on an alien planet" game, Factorio, and it's really making me wish that intermediate crafting items like leather straps are automatically crafted when you try to make an item that requires it.

Interesting, I'll give it some thought. We'd have to redesign the crafting window to add a scrollable list of total ingredients or something, but its not out of the question.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Pushed out an update today, most of what we've been working on lately is intro/tutorial related and I don't want to spoil it of course, but we went ahead and pushed out some of the other junk we've been doing including that auto-organize button which is so freakin' convenient.

New Content
  • Aluminum Bat

• Clobb SMG

• Micro SMG

New Recipes
  • Aluminum Bat (6x Aluminum Ingots, 2x Leather Straps)
  • Clobb SMG (4x Iron Ingots, 2x Rubber, 4x Tin Rivets)
  • Micro SMG (1x Steel Gun Parts, 2x Plastic, 4x Steel Rivets)

UI Changes
  • Added an auto-organize button to containers

• Added Key Items pouch to the side of the player's backpack
  • You can now flip the glass wall project from the project menu before placing it
  • Tweaked some dialog UI issues and added the ability to highlight "important" information.
  • Removed new recipe text from the bottom of the screen, seemed kinda messy? Might put back as an option.
  • Quick slots should now be labelled properly if you rebind the keys

Item Changes
  • Smelters now should continue working when you walk away from them - This probably needs some testing, but it seems to be working right for me.
  • Made keycard into a key item
  • Fixed some item descriptions, let us know if you see more bad ones
  • Impaler spikes now have a 25% chance to break on contact, do less damage and are a bit slower/heavier.
  • Impaler spikes now do 30 base damage to the player when dropped by Impalers
  • Fixed some UI issues with the equipment window

Bug Fixes
  • Possible fix for save failure/rollback after spending a long time in pause - Definitely let us know if you still run into any save issues
  • Fix for a crash related to explosions
  • Fix for a crash related to orange shorts (lol, not even kidding)
  • Possible fix for issues that could cause the player to get stuck, let us know if you still get stuck and unable to move
  • Fixed a bug that could result in duping/losing block items when added/removed from containers in the world
  • Fixed some bugs related to the escape pod container
  • Fixed a dupe related to multi-quantity recipes in the material printer

Creature Changes
  • Changed crawler behavior a bit so they won't walk on the bottom of platforms
  • Tweaked the big chicken AI a bit

Recipe Changes
  • Changed most Jewel tier recipes to be less rose-quartz dependent
  • Jewel Helmet (2x Bornite Ingots, 1x Refined Rose Quartz, 1x Rough Ruby, 1x Rough Topaz, 1x Rough Sapphire)
  • Jewel Torso (5x Bornite Ingots, 1x Refined Rose Quartz, 1x Rough Ruby, 1x Rough Topaz, 1x Rough Sapphire)
  • Jewel Arms (3x Bornite Ingots, 1x Refined Rose Quartz, 1x Rough Ruby, 1x Rough Topaz, 1x Rough Sapphire)
  • Jewel Gloves (2x Bornite Ingots, 2x Rough Rose Quartz)
  • Jewel Leggings (4x Bornite Ingots, 1x Refined Rose Quartz, 1x Rough Ruby, 1x Rough Topaz, 1x Rough Sapphire)
  • Jewel Leggings (4x Bornite Ingots, 1x Refined Rose Quartz, 1x Rough Ruby, 1x Rough Topaz, 1x Rough Sapphire)
  • Jewel Boots (4x Bornite Ingots, 2x Rough Rose Quartz)
  • Jewel Pick (6x Bornite Ingots, 1x Refined Rose Quartz, 1x Rough Ruby, 1x Rough Topaz, 1x Rough Sapphire)
  • Jewel Bow (4x Bornite Ingots, 1x Linen Bolt, 2x Rough Rose Quartz, 1x Refined Rose Quartz)
  • Jewel Crossbow (4x Bornite Ingots, 1x Steel Machine Parts, 1x Linen Bolt, 2x Rough Rose Quartz, 1x Refined Rose Quartz)
  • Jewel Spear (4x Bornite Ingots, 1x Refined Rose Quartz, 1x Rough Ruby, 1x Rough Topaz, 1x Rough Sapphire)
  • Jewel Sword (4x Bornite Ingots, 1x Refined Rose Quartz, 1x Rough Ruby, 1x Rough Topaz, 1x Rough Sapphire)
  • Jewel Axe (4x Bornite Ingots, 1x Refined Rose Quartz, 1x Rough Ruby, 1x Rough Topaz, 1x Rough Sapphire)
  • Jewel Shield (7x Bornite Ingots, 1x Refined Rose Quartz, 1x Rough Ruby, 1x Rough Topaz, 1x Rough Sapphire)

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Lucid Dream posted:

New Content
Aluminum Bat

I think what I like about you is that deep down inside you're a dick.

Poor loving chicken.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

glug posted:

I think what I like about you is that deep down inside you're a dick.

Poor loving chicken.

Yo if that chicken didn't want to get mashed it shouldn't have looked at me crossways like that.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Now I question your integrity. You were holding that bat in a menacing fashion and slowly cocking it for the swing. You came to the encounter wanting.. no relishing a confrontation. This is on you.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

glug posted:

Now I question your integrity. You were holding that bat in a menacing fashion and slowly cocking it for the swing. You came to the encounter wanting.. no relishing a confrontation. This is on you.

He made a threatening gesture with his feet, I had to take him down.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Please add in the ability to raise chickens as peaceful and lovable pets.

Also geese as war animals.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Geokinesis posted:

Exactly like this, but with a fear effect chance on honk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgUNUUP1Ta0

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
If you need chicken audio my dad has a chicken farm talk to me.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Geokinesis posted:

Please add in the ability to raise chickens as peaceful and lovable pets.

Ulvirich posted:

Exactly like this, but with a fear effect chance on honk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgUNUUP1Ta0

Haha, I feel like adding geese has been suggested before, and it seems like we were reluctant to put in any more earth-native animals at this point, but if we do, geese are high up on the list.

glug posted:

If you need chicken audio my dad has a chicken farm talk to me.

Yeah ok, can you get us the sound of an aluminum bat hitting a chicken? We've got a decent number of chicken sounds already, but if we have a dire need for a specific noise I'll keep you in mind!

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
All this talk about chickens and war geese reminded me of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aW9-wv6gGg

Which, in turn, reminded me that I needed to make chickens chase you if you carry a bag of feed:

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Lucid Dream posted:

Yeah ok, can you get us the sound of an aluminum bat hitting a chicken?

My dad works a farmer's market on Sundays. Leaving my mom alone with the chickens. I'll talk to her. Just edit out her frenzied screaming please.

edit: holy poo poo know who's holding that camera?
the world's worst loving dad.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lucid Dream posted:

Which, in turn, reminded me that I needed to make chickens chase you if you carry a bag of feed:

Haha, this is awesome :allears:

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

glug posted:

My dad works a farmer's market on Sundays. Leaving my mom alone with the chickens. I'll talk to her. Just edit out her frenzied screaming please.

edit: holy poo poo know who's holding that camera?
the world's worst loving dad.

Notice how he just stands there filming as his kid develops a lifelong fear of birds, but the minute the kid puts the food down, he steps in so the chickens don't eat it all. Wonderful guy there.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Here is a cool thing we're working on:

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
:smithicide: Of course I find this thread a week after the previous sale. Looks great, though! Considering the prodigious amount of chicken violence occurring here, I do hope there's a means to craft their remains into a chicken suit.

Cender
Sep 24, 2004

Dammit I don't have time for another game.

*buy*

Thanks for all the gifs, they are what forced my hand.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Cender posted:

Dammit I don't have time for another game.

*buy*

Thanks for all the gifs, they are what forced my hand.

My sinister plan brings another into the fold...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Checkin this out, looks like a there's lots of potential here. Oh man it's 10 bucks now?

Not that that's too high, it's just early access and all so idk

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Khanstant posted:

Checkin this out, looks like a there's lots of potential here. Oh man it's 10 bucks now?

Not that that's too high, it's just early access and all so idk

Its always been :10bux: unless it was on sale. I doubt we'll ever change that base price, its such a nice round number.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
And to think the only game that would allow me Chicken abuse was Runescape.

Cender
Sep 24, 2004

Dizz posted:

And to think the only game that would allow me Chicken abuse was Runescape.

Some (at least) of the Zelda games would allow a limited amount of non consensual chicken prodding.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol nice banner

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
This looks really fun, will play it over the weekend. :)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I came here because of the chicken bashing banner.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I got this a while ago in a bundle and absolutely hated the UO inventory system, but with auto sorting (which I discovered in this thread) it's much more manageable. I'll give it another try!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

SynthOrange posted:

I came here because of the chicken bashing banner.

Seconding this, and staying for the sheep bashing and big chicken revenge lasers. Hopefully this game'll go on sale again soon, because I'm ultrabroke right now, and :10bux: is a lot for me.

• Locked thread