Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Dropped about the price of a big mac trio on this, hopefully I'm not disappointed in what looks like an animal kicking simulator. Gonna edit this post after I play it a bit.

EDIT: I honestly expected a janky piece of poo poo, no offense, but this is actually pretty neat. While there does need to be some more information (I was literally dragging and dropping items from the ground to my inventory for the first 10 minutes until I realized I can just pick them up with M3.), it's fun. I mean, I don't really know what I'm doing right now so I'm just running around trying to get better gear I guess.

The hotbar, while being pretty cool, is kind of annoying thought - I'm sure most people would really rather have complete freedom over what they can place in their hotbar. Hell, is there even a way to put these sap torches onto my hotbar, because dragging them from my inventory all the time is getting to be a pain in the rear end. Also, the inventory system is cool at first glance but it makes finding poo poo quite a pain, dunno if I'm the only one to think this. The player moving mechanics and everything about the character and the way he handles is really neat though, I'd love to see more poo poo done with that (climbing, dodging, etc?), so overall I believe this is a pretty promising game, while still having a lot of work to do and some feature changes would really help it. Worth 7$ in my opinion.

Plum Chaser fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Had about a good 6 hours of game time played before I kind of got stumped and not quite sure where to go, I've :siren:killed the giant robot chicken, got my card up to level 2, turned off the robot, powered the big station and watched the video of the guy blowing his brains out:siren: - now I'm kind of assuming I have to make the big antenna, but no real idea how to make steel (probably ignoring something really simple, :downs:) and the batteries are a huge pain in the rear end to make.

The story (or what I've got of it so far, as you kind of piece it together by finding logs) is pretty neat as well, if not kind of cheesy sci-fi.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Do you plan to regularly update with new content? As in, can we expect shorter time between patches or long time? Not that it really matters, just interested in the games development.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Lucid Dream posted:

Our workflow seems to be frequent but relatively light patches, basically we've just been pushing updates whenever we feel like we've made good, stable changes, which over the last month or two has been multiple times a week. I won't make any specific commitments because who knows what parts we might work on that might take longer than others, but our workflow with frequent but lighter updates seems to be working well so far.

Ahh yeah, I was mostly just interested in a kind of "what to expect". That's great though.

Lucid Dream posted:

Working on making the torch a thing you can equip so you can use them without having to open the inventory:

That's amazing and I eagerly await for this to be in the main game now :allears:.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Schwack posted:

Where the heck is the level two keycard dealy? I've enjoyed most of my time playing this game, but the 'story' could really use some tuning up. I spent most of my time mining with the wrist laser because I didn't even think to climb around the bases with dirt and break in until much later.

The log near the dead body in the Pioneer Station (top left hand room) gives a good tip; that it's near-by. Look along the floor tiles in that same room, you should see two that are different. (The top left-most, below the chair I believe) Break them and drop down, read the logs and pick up the boxing glove. The log you picked up/read said that it's buried about ~60 blocks left from the Pioneer station, and that when you get close enough you'll see it on your map. So, go about 60 blocks left (it's the first small 'cave' you can go down into, on the right from the watch tower thing). Then, turn on your map tool (m) and just start digging downwards. It's pretty loving deep. Let me know if you need more help or whatever.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Loving the usage of gifs to show us what you're working on.

That sheep looked like it poo poo out meat and that's awesome, as is the assault rifle. The reload/hit animations look pretty smooth as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I think I had the better lens and used that to break it, yeah. Can't quite tell you exactly where I got it thought as it's been a while. Sorry!

• Locked thread