Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Starbound ain't got that

I'm more addicted to buying games than playing them these days. I was about to add this to the least, and this first reply seals the deal. Add dynamite fishing and I'll buy two ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Couple of things so far.

The biggest thing I've accidentally figured out is this:
Once you find or make a pickaxe of sorts, you will have it in your weapon list (hot bar #2). Scroll to it and swing it at things to mine them faster than your MEG. Also, you can use this to break up those rock-piles that look like background items but fall when you mine beneath them.

I've finally made a handful of special bags.. like for example, Excavation Bag. What would be fantastic is if you could click a button on that bag, and have it automatically grab all carried items that would normally auto-load to this bag and sort them out in there. It is horrible trying to navigate a massive bag of overlapping items to figure out wtf you have, and there's no log or anything of what you're picking up as you area-loot around you. I needed grey rocks for example, and I'd knock out some rocks, scoop them up, and try and sort anything that looked rock-like in my bag so I could see what had a quantity that went up, and go "ok.. so this is limestone.." and go digging somewhere else. It's really confusing.

Otherwise, looks good so far. Off to gather more poo poo to make more poo poo to kill more poo poo.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
- Fixed an issue that would cause torches to not light up when placed on the ground by right clicking
Was going to mention that, thanks.

Regarding the log, an optional (resizable/closable) tab with a log containing combat info, loot info (ie: picking up resources mined, etc) would be nice, but I think the lack of it would be alleviated by those tooltips that people have mentioned. Even if it's possibly a toggle key that'll give you environmental tooltips while you point with your mouse at mined or un-mined objects, along with the inventory tooltip.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Babyface Mingo posted:

The log near the dead body in the Pioneer Station (top left hand room) gives a good tip; that it's near-by. Look along the floor tiles in that same room, you should see two that are different. (The top left-most, below the chair I believe) Break them and drop down, read the logs and pick up the boxing glove. The log you picked up/read said that it's buried about ~60 blocks left from the Pioneer station, and that when you get close enough you'll see it on your map. So, go about 60 blocks left (it's the first small 'cave' you can go down into, on the right from the watch tower thing). Then, turn on your map tool (m) and just start digging downwards. It's pretty loving deep. Let me know if you need more help or whatever.

So.. regarding the part where you have to break the floor.. what are you breaking it with? I've had to use barrels and I don't have enough resources for that. I think I read there's a better lens you get around here besides the starting broken one, but I have not seen it anywhere :(

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
That's a pretty funny answer, though my first guess would've been about 6 inches, on average.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Lucid Dream posted:

New Content
Aluminum Bat

I think what I like about you is that deep down inside you're a dick.

Poor loving chicken.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Now I question your integrity. You were holding that bat in a menacing fashion and slowly cocking it for the swing. You came to the encounter wanting.. no relishing a confrontation. This is on you.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
If you need chicken audio my dad has a chicken farm talk to me.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Lucid Dream posted:

Yeah ok, can you get us the sound of an aluminum bat hitting a chicken?

My dad works a farmer's market on Sundays. Leaving my mom alone with the chickens. I'll talk to her. Just edit out her frenzied screaming please.

edit: holy poo poo know who's holding that camera?
the world's worst loving dad.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I like how people go "know what would be good" and the dev drops that poo poo in 10 minutes. You're making other devs look bad.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Lucid Dream posted:

We were considering putting them in a nursery in the colony ship, but then it occurred to us that no matter how much we lock them away someone will figure out a way to get to them and record a gif of them kicking a baby and then all of a sudden we're the assholes for encouraging baby abuse. Maybe we can reskin them as a creepy creature or something :v:

Just make it where any aggressive action taken against the baby turns it into a drooling angry screaming poo poo monster.

Hrm..

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Why are you calling it a sulfur gas monster and a sulfur gas gun when we all know what it is and nobody is being fooled?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I feel like firing up Ultima 8 right now..

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
And base craftable containers that are designated for certain item types for teleporting, as well as your default "if the item is in this crate already, it's valid for this crate" generics.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Section Z posted:

Like having to argue with your pals in things far nerdier than viddy games to let me use the default "You can knock people out just because you feel like it" rules, because it's "Not realistic for arrows to do that" while meanwhile the Wizard is lighting people on fire and allowed to use that as a Stun setting "Well it's not my fault Magic isn't realistic." :sigh:

SectionZ...

Show us on the D20 where the GM touched you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
more specifically, tongue-punching the cock out of those glowing pelvic thrusts.

• Locked thread