Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
What the heck is the point of hunter's expert air magic? Considering that bladedancers also have a single expert magic skill (albeit one that is much better for a non-mage), hunters don't really seem like hybrids at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So if I want to try out some of the other M&M games, is the 6 game collection on GOG a good place to start?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hardmode for this game would probably be no dual-wield or magic damage. Spears would eventually catch up, but the early game is already the hardest part.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'd probably go 2-3 blademasters anyway, though. Aside from being the kings of damage, they get expert earth which would help smooth out the early game. Alternately, 4x dwarves could probably tank their way through even with crappy damage. You'd just need to find and keep an awful lot of resist gear.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

GreenMarine posted:

I really want to play this, but for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to beat all the other Might and Magics first. 1 was a confusing mess and quite challenging. Now I'm on 2 and its both easier and more difficult (Some bullshit fights, but at least it has automapping). Clawing my way towards you guys...

You are a crazy person.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

-Blackadder- posted:

So out of curiosity are Mercenaries just complete poo poo due to not being able to GM any weapons or has anyone been able to specc them in a way where they aren't subpar?

Also, somewhat related question, is a Light specc Crusader enough as a main healer? I was thinking of switching out my Shaman for something else (maybe a DW Sword Merc.)

They aren't great damage-wise, but they have a lot of utility value.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

LibbyM posted:

That grand master magical focus skill sounds too good to be true. Am I missing something there? +400%

400% of crap damage is still only middling. And by the time you can get GM skills, you will be swimming in cash and have access to the inn outside of karthal. That is, you won't be running out of mp very easily. It can be useful but is hardly mandatory for mages.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Master and grandmaster spells of a given school both come from the same shop. Sorpigal has light and crag has fire, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The hybrid run seems like it wouldn't even be a challenge run. Crusaders rock, rangers are second-rate bladedancers, scouts are quite good, and you don't need to take a hunter.

• Locked thread