Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Bit late, but for those who were wondering whether or not to pick up Medium Armor for their Bladedancers, stick with Light; there's a relic light armor that gives a rather nice boost to both Dual Wield and Dodge. It's in a shipwreck south of Karthal, you can get there without much difficulty as soon as you grab the water blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Bussamove posted:

Well now I feel like a dip for investing all those points in medium.

Now I just need the water blessing! Where ever that is.

You can get there without it, but you'll have to be strong enough to fight your way through a couple packs of Black Guards and Dark Wizards.

Oh, and Fluffy. Can't forget about Fluffy.

With the blessing you can take the back route that starts by the Lighthouse, that path only has a few Blackfang goons sitting in it.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Have I hosed myself?

I just finished the Brigands/Lighthouse. My party is Crusader, Barbarian, Druid and Freemage. I haven't been focusing my points, just putting them in various places.

I got to Expert swords for CR. End for Bar. Earth for Druid and Fire for Freemage.

In addition to earlier comments: While Endurance isn't a bad investment, you're generally far better served by pumping points into a melee character's main weapon skill; that attack bonus is important, and it's far more effective than sinking points into Perception.

As for your casters, you'll want to go for Expert Prime and Dark next; Prime for ID, Dark for Sleep and Purge.

Filthy Monkey posted:

My journal tells me to find Lord Haart in Yon-Chall forest. I've explored the place, and don't know where he is. Any tips? I could really use some grandmaster sword training.

You can visit him in his manor in Seahaven during the day, but I'm not sure if he offers training if you haven't finished the Inquisitor's quest first.

He'll only be there at night, and I believe only if you've talked to both his butler and the town guard by Seahaven's exit. If you've done both those things, he'll be in an otherwise empty cave with glowing mushrooms in it. Talk to him, talk to his wife, then go back to the Inquisitor and fudge things a bit. Next time you go to his manor during the day he'll offer training if he hasn't been already.

Oh, and on an aside, I finished leveling that light armor relic I mentioned earlier. Final stats are: 10 Armor, +6 Dual Wield/Dodge, +22 Evade. I've been having my Blademaster taunt Kensei, it's fun watching a huge cascade of Misses pop up.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

m-o-o-n posted:

Does anyone have coordinates for the treasure at the end of the Secret of the Obelisks questline? I've found all the obelisks I think but the clues are getting me nowhere

If the last clue you got ended with 'your last step' you have one more clue to go, last clue will end with 'look under the rock to your left'. If you have that, just spin around and mash spacebar until you get that relic 1h sword.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

dhamster posted:

I think all of them require either Might, Magic or Perception. I saw on a forum that the most advanced secrets require 58 in a stat to open, after bonuses. How high can stats be buffed with magic? +10? Also, I thought there was some early quest hireling that is supposed to detect secret doors. Maybe I'm mistaken on that, but I remember having one with me when I was doing the Lighthouse.

My Archmage's Eagle Eye can boost Perception by 29 points for 15 turns, but that's with 132 Magic and an effective 37 points in GM Air.

As for finding secrets, I think it's been mentioned that there's a dog in the woods you can pick up that'll do the job. Failing that, there's always Malassa's Blessing, for all that it's late-ish mid-game at best.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Just finished on Warrior, party was Defender/Barbarian/Bladedancer/Free Mage. In spite of my mage only having 1 point in Light and Earth, the endgame wasn't too bad outside of every other mob having damage reflect and random criticals out of nowhere potentially one-shotting her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
I... can't really see going to Karthal before the Crag, considering the former has piles of Blackguards and Dark Wizards surrounding it, while the latter only requires you to plow through a couple groups of Orcs.

That said; Karthal's going to, for the most part, have the best stuff. As for the other towns, Crag's weapon shop is biased towards daggers, and Seahaven's the place to go to for swords. I want to say that Crag and Seahaven also tend to stock a lot of gear with Water and Earth mods, respectively, but it's been a bit and my memory's pretty fuzzy.

• Locked thread