Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dar
Oct 22, 2000

ShiroTheSniper posted:

I'm playing Adventurer because I want to "breeze through". I bought the GOG MM1-6 special at 2.75$ and I want to play them now...

... Is that suicide? Is MM1-4 aged well? I heard 5-6 was still ok.

I'd skip 1 unless you are hardcore nostalgic for 80s era RPGs. 2 is good if you emulate the Genesis version, they actually did a really nice port that is way better than the PC version. 3 4 and 5 are still excellent and have aged really well. 6-9 are just way too ugly for me to even bother playing, also don't like the new party system of those games that is unfortunately perpetuated in 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dar
Oct 22, 2000

Mirthless posted:

Narrow class variety and only 4 characters. I didn't like that part of the games either, for what it's worth.

Yes exactly this.

Dar
Oct 22, 2000

Adam Bowen posted:

I have a really hard time skipping games in a series but given that Xeen doesn't really have any connection to the earlier games, I'll probably do that. It looks like 6 - 8 are pretty much their own entities as well, though I understand 7 has some connection to the party from 3. I'm just worried that Xeen might be way too long for me since it apparently dwarfs X.

I love 2 and 3, but World of Xeen (4 and 5 installed together to make one mega rpg) is the absolute epitome of the series.

• Locked thread