Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Dropbear posted:

The only thing that might have helped a bit for me was going into task manager, selecting the Might & Magic process and putting it on high priority, but the game is still stuttering pretty badly especially on the overworld map. For some people turning animation quality to low jumped their FPS from ~10 to 70, or at least someone said so on that thread; didn't really affect anything for me.

This is so weird, I have an older rig with everything turned up to the max and it runs extremely fluently except for the loading screens. I did hear the 32-bit version was utterly crippled, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

So has anyone messed around with the game's data files at all yet? They're all in nicely readable formats except for the actual savegames (which is just a ZIP file with additional header data -- delete and there you are) e: nevermind, saves for the wrong game.

Interestingly, the only thing listed in UnlockableContent.csv is that helmet you could get via a promo code given out at PAX (grrrr, thanks for thinking of us others!). I'm guessing they'll be patching that file when the promised DLC comes out. No idea where the additional UPlay content is unlocked from.

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 30, 2014

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Konsek posted:

Does anyone else have to fight the compulsion to step in every single drat square even though you know there's no need?

Doesn't it give you an achievement? Anyway, yes, I totally do that.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Nakar posted:

So I can no longer save. Everything was working fine before, but I started a new run and now I can't save or enter the well in Sorpigal. I read that save corruption can cause this so I deleted all the saves and started fresh. Still nothing. Deleted Uplay cache data and Steam local files, reinstalled, still nothing. I don't understand why, I had no issues with this before. :(

Did your save game directory go read-only somehow?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

-Blackadder- posted:

Are there any other good RPG's out recently or coming soon? Doesn't have to be like M&M necessarily. I was looking at Dark Souls 2 and Grim Dawn myself. DS2 is out pretty soon, but I guess Grim Dawn still has a while yet.

Grim Dawn is a Diablo-like game, if that helps. I backed it and there's an act's worth of content to check out in the early access.

A bit older, Mars: War Logs is kinda janky, but it's a magicpunk (is that even a word?) RPG set on Mars, and I enjoyed it nonetheless. Developer Spiders' next game, Bound by Flame, is coming this year.

In tactical RPGs there's Banner Saga and Expeditions: Conquistador.

The new campaign for Shadowrun is out on Feb. 27th.

South Park: The Stick of Truth is out two weeks from now. I'm still on the fence.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Laksa posted:

Does anyone know if the physical retail copy comes with a steam key? The box is really nice, and it comes with a cloth map.

UPlay only.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

So, the DLC's out and a few hundred megs have downloaded, but it's showing as not activated in Extras. Next to that promo helmet, taunting me. Not sure what's up, apparently it should activate for deluxe owners automatically.

e: entering my code in the DLC's code entry field activated it.

gschmidl fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The game is today's Steam deal, 33% off.

• Locked thread