Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffable
Jul 4, 2012
I'm about to pick this game up, but I was hoping to get some advice about my party. Right now I'm thinking about running a Bladedancer, a Barbarian, a Freemage and a Runepriest. Is this setup good? Would I be better off with a druid and not a runepriest?

Couple of questions beyond that, should all of my casters be using focuses, or will my runepriest be able to use a mace and a shield effectively?

How important is grandmastery over mastery when it comes to spell schools? I suppose what I mean is, am I better off getting grandmastery in a couple schools or mastery in several? I'm thinking particularly about my freemage: is it going to be worthwhile to get mastery in water magic? Grandmastery in air seems a given, but is grandmastery in primordial or dark magic worth the points over mastery?

Sorry about all the questions; I can't play the game for another few days so I'm sort of obsessing over my party setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffable
Jul 4, 2012
Thanks for the help, guys!

Right now I'm thinking for my casters I'll try a druid focusing on earth and water, and a freemage focusing on air and dark (with a bit of primordial, fire and light between them for resurrection, identify, etc.) Does this leave me with any major holes in my party's spellcasting? Will my druid have a decent offense with those two schools? I'm not expecting them to be a great nuker, but I'd like them to have some sort of offensive option.

How necessary is mysticism for casters? I assume I'll want it at a decent level, but is it necessary to go all the way to GM on a druid?

• Locked thread