Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Early (Act 1 / Act 2) tips.

Melee:
    Focus skill points into your primary weapon skills first and foremost. This helps get your attack value up early without having to invest into Perception. Defensive/Support skills like Dodge/Endurance/Arcane Discipline can all wait until late game.
Magic:
    Get at least Novice Earth and Novice Light for Regeneration and Celestial Armor respectively. Invest more into Spirit early on so you get a bigger mana pool. Start going more into Magic once you have a comfortable mana pool. Rush Expert Prime for Identify to save a lot of gold in the long run. If you have a Freemage, rush Expert Dark by Act 2 for Sleep.
Ranged:
    Have 1 point in a ranged skill so you can have an extra item to equip for stat boosts I guess.

Important Spells:
Regeneration (Earth Novice), Celestial Armor (Light Novice), Burning Determination (Fire Expert), Identify (Prime Expert), Sleep (Dark Expert), Purge (Dark Expert), Water Flows Freely (Water Expert), Strength of the Earth (Earth Expert), Spirit Beacon (Prime Expert)

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

KnoxZone posted:

I have encountered a pretty nasty bug where the game thinks I am permanently in combat. This means that I cannot rest, save, or enter any other maps. Loading my autosave doesn't fix it, but my last manual save is over 2 hours ago. Has anyone encountered this bug and know how to fix it?

I have encountered this multiple times. Retrace your steps prior to the bug and see if there's a respawned group of enemies you fought recently. Kill them again and it should fix it. I've had this happen in the Wyshin Jungle against Goblins and in the water of the northern coast against Elementals.

I used Spirit Beacon soonish after completing a battle in both cases so that might be causing it.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Goncyn posted:

Has anyone found the Dodge Grandmaster trainer? This list says Wysthal, Wyslin Jungle, Agyn Peninsula, but I can't find any such character.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1shgqdg5Yx7Ziw4vi23GrUXkkf24_6woQuQfHy_wkYN4

You have to find/chase her 2 times before she shows up in the jungle. I believe she shows up once near Karthal and once near Seahaven.

• Locked thread