Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

:420: party everyday :420:

LackinPants! posted:

My friend and I tried playing but we keep running into an error where his game crashes every time some of note happens- such as getting killed, killing me, or even pulling the trigger. We can connect and see each other fine until that point and are using the lastest release.
We assume it's just alpha instability, but maybe it's interacting with a firewall or something else? It works fine for both of us walking around the levels alone and I haven't found any games to hop into to test otherwise.

This is me, and it happens in every multiplayer game I host or connect to. I can run around and get pickups just fine, but as soon as another player connects, I shoot at another player or I get shot, the screen goes black or I get frozen, ripped artifacts across it - but I can still see the HUD and the FPS counter in the bottom-right is still active. I can hit Esc, so the game itself isn't exactly crashing, but the mouse pointer isn't available to hit Quit and I have to Alt+F4 out anyway. LackinPants! says when it happens I'm immediately shown as disconnected.

Single player crafting and testing is 100% stable. I've made sure the .exe is getting a pass through my firewall and I'm running it as admin.

That said I'm having a ball in the level editor alone. It's a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

Destra posted:

I've noticed this sprite acts kinda funky for myself and a friend, both of us using nVidia cards.

I'm getting this, too, running two nVidia cards in SLI. The other sprites besides this one are fine, though.

I like the green slime tiles. Is swimmable water in the works?

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

I'm still having that connectivity issue. Instead of Alt+F4'ing every time my connection drops, I've figured out that running windowed I can hit the Windows key to bring the mouse back and I can quit back to the main menu no problem. I'll even get the up/down vote prompt for new maps. If I'm hosting and other people are playing, the game continues on without me and I can actually join back in from the server list.

It really is random, too. Sometimes it happens within seconds of starting a game, other times I'm running around for a good 30 seconds and I can get some shots off, maybe even kill another player before it cuts. Picking up or capturing a fish and shooting another player seem to be instant triggers to make it happen, but not consistently. It's so frequently recurring that multiplayer is pretty much broken for me. :(

Still last night I spent like three hours building an old TFC community map I half remember. It's nuts how much you can do in such a short amount of time with this engine.

ACPaco
Jan 3, 2009

Same here. Those same levels replaced my own in both Create and Shoot modes.

• Locked thread