Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Just had the funnest old time loving about in some of the maps with another goon.

Only suggestion right now is to cut the reload timer - often you're left completely helpless and that's weird when it comes to arena shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Everdraed posted:

Made two DM maps that anybody can try out when they host a game, and had a great time just destroying Gunscape devs on them. Even though it's a pre-alpha demo and doesn't have a huge amount of content yet, it's already quite fun to whip up a map based on a random idea or gimmick and blast people on it. It'll be incredible when there's more people playing random matches / bots to help test stuff, so here's hoping the kickstarter really takes off.

We spent ages trying to get to the super weapon at the top of your bioshock map - turns out the floor blocks on the top level don't allow for rocket jumping.

(We still found a way though :ssh:)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Everdraed posted:

There's still a lot of work to do on it (especially the top room) but my original idea was to make a really long and elaborate series of auto boosts that would require a solid minute of no input but eventually deposit you right on the BFG as a B:I 'sky rail' joke. I got lazy though and instead it puts you on that little ledge, but either a very precise normal jump or an easy shotgun boost will get you to the gun from there. If you're very good, you can actually use the boost pad in the middle area and then immediately fire both rounds of the shotgun and just barely get to the topmost ledge with the gun. It's extremely difficult but hilarious to pull off.

Oh, we just angled ourselves correctly, stood on the pipes on the platform above the genes machine and fired at the wall :v:

We also had fun trying the race map, although someone came on and moaned that we weren't playing DM. We loaded up DM01 and ground him into paste :getin:

For anyone not sure about whether to download this/kickstart it, seriously, give it a whirl. Just loving about in people's maps has given us loads of enjoyment - we haven't even hit creative mode yet!

mfcrocker fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 28, 2014

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Fredrik1 posted:

Awesome, cool.

Me and a couple of friends had a really good time goofing around in this yesterday.

:rolleye: All hail the eyebox :rolleye:

• Locked thread