Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
This looks really cool, and I'll absolutely back it, however would it be possible to disable joystick key bindings completely, or maybe you can already? I tried remapping in the input tab but it didn't seem to do much, is there a config file someplace I can edit?

The reason is that unity does not want to play at all with joysticks that have more than the standard amount of axes, and it will just randomly assign functions to them. It wouldn't be so bad if it was sensical in a way that zero input would to an axis would mean zero input in the game, but it doesn't. If I spawn in game with the stick connected unity will just tell the game that it is constantly receiving input and run me off an edge somewhere.

Every single unity game I've played have had these issues in early development, so you are not the first developer that missed this.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

The Radix posted:

^I will ask the person who implemented the half-arsed joystick controls for testing and forgot to take them out to fix that for the next build.

Awesome, cool.

Me and a couple of friends had a really good time goofing around in this yesterday.

• Locked thread