Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

NinjaSteve posted:

massive image dump

But enough about your attempts to redesign a badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red_blip
Feb 19, 2008

Fine human machine.
Sorry! Here:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Shrapnac posted:

But enough about your attempts to redesign a badge.

Instead of bitching and moaning about other people in this thread, how about posting some loving crests yourself? Lead by example, mate.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

Instead of bitching and moaning about other people in this thread, how about posting some loving crests yourself?

Cool, let me go find a bunch if poo poo to image dump, I'll be right back. :qq:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Shrapnac posted:

It would be an improvement on your contributions to this thread thus far, which has been nothing but being a crybaby over how other people post.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
These crests are tearing us apart.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Shrapnac posted:

Image dumps in an image dump thread. Why I never! :negative:

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Some Uruguayan first division badges, most badges are really boring because teams are old and never changed them.

Club Nacional de Football (the word fútbol is more recent), one of the biggest and oldest teams. They are the first team not founded by the British.
The colors come from the flag of Artigas

Club Atético Peñarol, the other "grande" the son of Central Uruguay Railway Cricket Club and as such has the colors of the British trains.

Club Atlético Cerro team established in the 1920s in the Cerro de Montevideo

Cerro Largo Fútbol Club. The only team in the first division that it's not from the Montevideo metropolitan area.

Danubio Fútbol Club, founded by bulgarians or something and the name comes from the Danube river. One of the bigger small clubs, they have won the championship and some important players came out of their youth teams.

Defensor Sporting Club, the other "small big", a fusion of Club Atlético Defensor and Sporting Club Uruguay as the badge shows. The lighthouse is because it's located near the lighthouse of Punta Carretas in a pretty posh area of Montevideo.

Centro Atlético Fénix, a small team that has managed to play Copa Libertadores somehow and beat Mexican giants Cruz Azul 6-1. They still crashed out pretty badly.

Institución Atlética Sud América, a pretty old and super poo poo team that shouldn't exist anymore (as most teams in this list)

Club Sportivo Miramar Misiones, a team that plays football, again old and poo poo.

Racing Club Montevideo, "the little school of Sayago" as it's called because they are from Sayago and some players came out of their youth teams (maybe a billion years ago because I can't think of any)

River Plate a knockoff of the argie team.

Centro Cultural y Deportivo El Tanque Sisley, a team with a ridiculous name product of a fusion between C.A. El Tanque and CCyD Sisley.

Montevideo Wanderers Fútbol Club. A pretty old club (1902) founded by some Brits who liked Wolverhampton Wanderers or something.

Bonus!!
Albion Football Club, with 122 years is the oldest team in Uruguay. It's currently rotting in the third division

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

When all else fails, name your club after a satellite.

uinfuirudo
Aug 11, 2007
I know absolutely nothing about this club except that they are from Laos and have an awesome crest.

After doing this I decided to look up Mongolian clubs, mainly because I wanted to find a crest with a flying horse, I failed at finding a club with a flying horse, instead I found not the Denver Broncos FC(Khasiin Khullguud)

It wasn't a total loss though Ulaanbaator FC's logo is intense.

So after doing this I decided to much through some of the smaller South East Asian leagues, Some were actually quite good, most are not. I personally really like Kanbawza F.C out of Myanmar's crest

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

uinfuirudo posted:

I know absolutely nothing about this club except that they are from Laos and have an awesome crest.

This owns, I NEED this shirt now

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

uinfuirudo posted:

After doing this I decided to look up Mongolian clubs, mainly because I wanted to find a crest with a flying horse, I failed at finding a club with a flying horse, instead I found not the Denver Broncos FC(Khasiin Khullguud)

The old Seongnam crest had a flying horse on it.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

oldman posted:

That would have been a great badge for FC Dallas. http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Winged-horse-Pegasus-once-again-lit-in-downtown-Dallas-213614181.html

uinfuirudo
Aug 11, 2007

oldman posted:

I like it but I was hoping for less pegasus and more wind horse like this

I think I might have found better, this Cambodian crest is delightfully evil

uinfuirudo fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 1, 2014

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Totally forgot we actually have a team called Sexy Pants playing in the Finnish third division. Their crest is glorious and will definitely be my next avatar.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Holy poo poo lmao Finland owns

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Polidoro posted:

River Plate a knockoff of the argie team.

This looks like a moustache. I like it.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
I think most people are familiar with J-League logos, so there's some J2 ones. A thing about the names: a lot of Japanese clubs think it is cool to put something European-sounding in their club name. The most famous example would be 2008 AFC Champions Gamba Osaka, which uses the Italian word for foot. Descriptions stolen from wiki.

This logo that looks like a tacky carpet is Giravanz Kitakyushu. The name "Giravanz" is coined from two Italian words: "Girasole", which means "sunflower", and "Avanzare", which means "moving forward". The sunflower is one of Kitakyushu's symbol flowers.

V-Varen Nagasaki wear orange and blue for a reason: The "V" meaning Victory while Varen is Dutch for 'to sail', owing to Nagasaki's heritage as port of call of Dutch traders during the sakoku period in the Tokugawa shogunate.

Thespakusatsu Gunma play in the Gunma prefecture, which are famous for their hot springs, hence the wavy steam lines in the logo.

Dipping into the J-League 3, here's Akita Blaublitz. Blau and blitz mean blue and lightning in German respectively. The little dude in the middle is the usual rendering of a Japanese lighting demon.

Kamatamare Sanuki maybe in the 4th division of Japanese football, but are awesome for having UDON in their logo. The first part of their name was coined by combining the Japanese word Kamatama (a type of udon noodle bowl) and the Italian Mare ("Sea"). The second part is what Kagawa Prefecture used to be called. Their name as well as their crest, which also features a kamatama udon bowl.

Nagoya Grampus Eight is my adopted hometown, since I lived in Nagoya for three years. They are in J1 and won the league in 2010. Most people are familiar with them since Wenger and Lineker have been employed by the team, as coach and player respectively. The team's name was derived from the two most prominent symbols of Nagoya: the two golden grampus dolphins on the top of Nagoya Castle (which can be more accurately described as shachihoko, a mythological creature part of the local folklore), and the Maru-Hachi (Circle eight), the city's official symbol. The use of an orca in the team's logo is likely a reference to the fact that the kanji for shachichoko (鯱) can be pronounced "shachichoko" (the aforemention mythical creature) or "shachi" (orca).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

I think most people are familiar with J-League logos, so there's some J2 ones. A thing about the names: a lot of Japanese clubs think it is cool to put something European-sounding in their club name. The most famous example would be 2008 AFC Champions Gamba Osaka, which uses the Italian word for foot.

Gamba is leg, not foot :eng101: I've known about the team for years and I never put that together, though, I figured it meant something in Japanese.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Gamba is leg, not foot :eng101: I've known about the team for years and I never put that together, though, I figured it meant something in Japanese.

Ah! Thanks for the correction. And you're aren't wrong either..."gamba" sounds close to "Gambatte", which in Japanese means "do your best/good luck/don't give up".

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Kamatamare Sanuki maybe in the 4th division of Japanese football, but are awesome for having UDON in their logo. The first part of their name was coined by combining the Japanese word Kamatama (a type of udon noodle bowl) and the Italian Mare ("Sea"). The second part is what Kagawa Prefecture used to be called. Their name as well as their crest, which also features a kamatama udon bowl.

I hope their team are all fat Sunday League-level cloggers, stuffing themselves with udon before and after matches.

loving loved the post by the way, thank you

Groundfish
Jan 24, 2013
Sacramento Republic, my local club. Our first home game is this Saturday. I think it's pretty good:

But not as good as Bearfight FC of Wilmington, US 5th division:

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Groundfish posted:

But not as good as Bearfight FC of Wilmington, US 5th division:

Isn't a bearfight a jaeger bomb follow by an irish car bomb?

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

rats off to ya posted:

Isn't a bearfight a jaeger bomb follow by an irish car bomb?

:stare:

Well I know what I'm ordering them next time I go to the bar for an away match.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Groundfish posted:

Sacramento Republic, my local club. Our first home game is this Saturday. I think it's pretty good:

This a quality logo, better than any of three MLS teams in California.

Homura posted:

I hope their team are all fat Sunday League-level cloggers, stuffing themselves with udon before and after matches.

It's like you read my mind!

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

West Ham are unironically considering this change.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don't know, but West Ham United London are free to do what they want.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I'm glad to see storied Pro Evo club East London getting their proper due.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

XBenedict posted:

West Ham are unironically considering this change.

I like that.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

It's awful for about a million reasons, none of which are that they're changing the imagery.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Bogan Krkic posted:

It's awful for about a million reasons, none of which are that they're changing the imagery.

It's clean, it's simple, it will probably look good on a kit. I can see why some folks might not like the gradient thing going on, and it could probably use a dinosaur on there, but overall I think it's nice.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Yeah, and if all else fails they can redeem it for some bonus hammers in their nearest city.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

It's clean, it's simple, it will probably look good on a kit. I can see why some folks might not like the gradient thing going on, and it could probably use a dinosaur on there, but overall I think it's nice.

It's loving cheap trash Web 2.0 design where the lack of design is papered over by modern gradients and youth inspired drop shadows. It looks fine, but is the perfect example of instantly dated design.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Bogan Krkic posted:

It's loving cheap trash Web 2.0 design where the lack of design is papered over by modern gradients and youth inspired drop shadows. It looks fine, but is the perfect example of instantly dated design.

Well then it will go well with Big Sam's offence.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
*adds "youth inspired drop shadows" to ninjasteve.txt*

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Every Big Sam team should just change their crest to a brick. Not a picture of a brick, but every time the crest gets displayed someone shows up and throws a brick at you.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
A-League badges are usually trash, along with most of the names of the clubs. Melbourne Heart are now owned by Man City and have been rebranded to Melbourne City FC and even though their strip is pretty bleh, their logo is loving great.

As opposed to what they were before.

I loving hate 'feeling' names.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.
A Balkenkreuz is an interesting choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Nyarlothotep posted:

A Balkenkreuz is an interesting choice.

The city of Melbourne's coat of arms.

It's nice how they subtly included a nod to the old name/logo with the little hearts.

• Locked thread