Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Hahaha, so those bodybuilders are basically weak and sick? lol

Yeah, that's exactly how I read it too. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

MaxxBot posted:

It depends on the person but typically cutting below like 8% or so is basically self-torture because you're fighting against your body tooth and nail to get that low without losing muscle and strength. That level of bodyfat is rare though, even the most ripped athletes you see are usually around 8%. The only people who go much below that are bodybuilders because they are insane, they have done studies showing that cutting to as low of bodyfat as they do (typically 4-5%) will seriously gently caress up your hormone levels for months.
Are we talking men here? Women's normal body fat level is like 10% higher than men's, right?

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Comparatively so at least.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I don't remember who it was, but there's a bodybuilder's youtube video where he's buying tons of tilapia and green beans at costco, and from how he's talking you can tell he hates his life. He talks about waking up at 5am every morning literally starved. To use a horrible car analogy, bodybuilders are basically cars with V16 engines and 3 gallon tanks.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Are we talking men here? Women's normal body fat level is like 10% higher than men's, right?

Comparatively so at least.

reposting this for you to read since it's really good http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/ (but yeah women are suppose to have more bodyfat then men)

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Yes, they look the scariest and most intimidating on stage but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd lose a fight to an average joe in that condition because they're dehydrated and weak as gently caress.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Correct, a female at 4-5% bodyfat would probably be a corpse.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I'm a thin guy who drinks 2 to 4 beers most nights, if anything the volume is just so filling it lowers my appetite for dinner. I pretty much never snack or binge on food when drinking.

Weed plus Carb heavy things that are easy eat like pasta though is a recipe for eating a days worth of food in one sitting.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 31, 2014

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

During showtime, they are. They are terribly dehydrated and can only maintain that look for a few hours without passing out.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
They are weak and sick for them. When they are on stage, they have to be at their leanest and weakest, dehydrated as gently caress, but during their bulk or training phases, they are as strong as they look. Your energy level is intimately tied to what and how much you eat when you cut to that degree. If you gave one a protein bar, hed pop your head off. They arent capable of sustaining any level of activity that requires anything beyond minimal energy output unless they eat for it, so he'd probably lose a 3min boxing match if he disnt knock you the gently caress out in the first ten seconds.

The v16 running on a gallon of gas is really great way to put it

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

what a strange hobby.

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

Fiona The Human posted:

I have hashimoto's disease, which is kind of but not really an excuse. I'm still not obese though. I don't get how people get to be so massive.

'Sup Hashimoto's bud.
I got medicated for it by the time I was 16, though, fortunately, so I've been able to start losing weight like a normal person now just by running several miles each day.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
exercising is cool and will make you feel better in your brain and it will make u more powerful. everyone please exercise.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

my friend just said you dont need to eat lots to build muscle and weightlifting is perverse lols

ayekappy
Aug 22, 2004

Brie Cheesin'
I just ordered a large pizza and cheese sticks and a Coke, albeit Diet. Gonna eat it all myself, although probably in 2 servings. Mmmm.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

what a strange hobby.
it's like cumming all the time.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Haha, thank you for this.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
This entire thread makes me :psyboom:.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Shine posted:

because it's full of sexy muscular non-fat goons who didn't need your help?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

because it's full of sexy muscular non-fat goons who didn't need your help?

he's just jealous he isn't getting his commission (low tax pays him for every goon he helps slim down as a way to improve the communities identity)

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Digital Fingers posted:

he's just jealous he isn't getting his commission (low tax pays him for every goon he helps slim down as a way to improve the communities identity)

That's what I get for gassing the Low Carb Thread.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Shine posted:

learned a few new fitness tricks eh?

yeah i could lift a couch, with my pinkie

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Quick, somebody fatten up goons on bacon again so I can be useful.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
bacon doesn't make you fat

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

stoutfish posted:

bacon doesn't make you fat

Trap sprung.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i think i know more about nutrition than you, fatty

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I lost 10 pounds in the last month and can see my abs again.

eat poo poo fatties

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I was a gross fat child raised on a diet of soda, velveeta, and fries. At the age of 18 I weighed 240 pounds and I'm only 5'10

So I hardened the gently caress up, started going to the gym, eating non-garbage and lost 80 pounds in 6 months. Its not hard

Dave Schmidt
Feb 20, 2013

4th Asclepiadean posted:

'Sup Hashimoto's bud.
I got medicated for it by the time I was 16, though, fortunately, so I've been able to start losing weight like a normal person now just by running several miles each day.

Oh hey. That's awesome, I think i need a higher dose or something, but I don't know if I'll ever have the energy to run. My thyroid is completely dead and has been since I was 8.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Fiona The Human posted:

Oh hey. That's awesome, I think i need a higher dose or something, but I don't know if I'll ever have the energy to run. My thyroid is completely dead and has been since I was 8.

please stop feeling sorry for yourself and do a couple push ups and sit ups

you will never have energy if your body doesn't feel the need for it, statistically improbable disease or no

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

during a show they are because they take diuretics to lose water weight to a point where you could pass out or die

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Kak posted:

during a show they are because they take diuretics to lose water weight to a point where you could pass out or die
I recall seeing a gif where the guy was flexing and like his entire body cramped up and he had to be carried by like 4 dudes in this frozen pose of agony.

Tinsel City
Sep 29, 2007
jenova

khwarezm posted:

Let me introduce you to the most evil word in the English language:

"Just."

Stick it near the beginning of some advice, and you can turn someone else's vicious lifelong struggle into a trivial task they should feel ashamed for not having mastered by now. It's the spouse of the smoker saying "You just need to quit those things!"; it's the friends of the clinically depressed woman telling her "You just need to snap out of it!"; it's the dude saying to his heartbroken friend, "You just need to get over her! After all, she's dead!"

Just, just, just. Well, you just need to take this wire brush and cram it all the way into your rear end in a top hat.

My favorite example -- because it's a conversation happening ten thousand times on this planet as we speak -- is when any obese person talks about how hard it is to lose weight, and their thin friends helpfully tell them they "just" need to watch what they eat, and "just" get a little exercise. They "just" need to win the brutal war that has exhausted every ounce of their energy, time, and emotional well-being for as long as they can remember. "And to be honest, dude, it's kind of weird that you and the other 1.4 billion obese people on Earth haven't tried that already."

just shutup shutup

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
david wong used to be really cool and good

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

move more eat less?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Friendly reminder: if you look down and can't see your dick its time to hit the gym

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Eat more move more! Lift a couch!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Waroduce posted:

Friendly reminder: if you look down and can't see your dick its time to hit the gym
What if you have a micropenis?

Just checking for a friend.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Kill a homeless man with a larger penis, have it transplanted. Repeat until it takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

ArbitraryC posted:

What if you have a micropenis?

Just checking for a friend.

I would like to know as well for a friend.

• Locked thread