Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I really appreciate that they all feel obligated to document their idiocy, if the record wasn't there I wouldn't be able to believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Umiapik posted:

Are Sovereign Citizens the same guys as those Freemen on the Land, or are they a separate type of crazy?

yes

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

olylifter posted:

This is insanely long for a non-Supreme Court level judgment (its 160 pages), but it covers everything you could ever possibly want to know about sovereign citizens and all the various offshoots.

http://www.albertacourts.ab.ca/jdb/2003-/qb/Family/2012/2012abqb0571ed1.pdf

My favorite bit, discussing Moorish Law: The exotic nature of the Moorish Law movement and its claims warrant some comment, as casual exposure to a Moorish Law litigant may lead an observer to suspect mental impairment or disorder.

Every other one the judge somewhat treats as normal, but then he gets to the one involving black folks and he has to point out "yeah, the one they made up seems to be crazy". I can't tell if that's racist or not.

I sat down and read some 40 or 50 pages of this while bored at work one day. Its super interesting. Def worth reading.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

I really appreciate that they all feel obligated to document their idiocy, if the record wasn't there I wouldn't be able to believe it.

do they go over these and try to figure out what they did wrong?

is it like game tapes?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bitchtard posted:

do they go over these and try to figure out what they did wrong?

is it like game tapes?

See there right before the cop tazed you you needed to start yelling I'M UNDER DURESS and then everything would have been fine and the cop would be fired. It's okay though, we'll get em next time.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Bitchtard posted:

is there someone making money off these people yet?

i need to know for a project

http://www.sovereignlife.com/about.html

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress is this business card poo poo that keeps showing up.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Sovereign citizen bullshit aside, it's always a good idea to know your rights, and to know exactly what they are and are not allowed to do, when dealing with the police.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
They remind me of True Finns

http://truefinns.tumblr.com/

quote:

“The cops pulled me over and asked if I was carrying drugs and poo poo. gently caress you, I don’t use any. Suck my cock, cops. If you don’t stop loving with me, I’m coming at you with a bazooka. Bullshit talk doesn’t stop, it is stopped. gently caress you rear end in a top hat cops.”

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I sat down and read some 40 or 50 pages of this while bored at work one day. Its super interesting. Def worth reading.

Just been reading this. The judge manages to sneak a massive amount of dry humour into it:

"... this category of litigant shares one other critical characteristic: they will only honour state, regulatory, contract, family, fiduciary, equitable, and criminal obligations if they feel like it. And typically, they don’t."

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91JWEf9TDjU

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

I like this guy

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Umiapik posted:

Are Sovereign Citizens the same guys as those Freemen on the Land, or are they a separate type of crazy?

They're pretty much the same; more obsessed with ships, birth certificates, the UCC and less concerned with embassies, international treaties, and the magna carta. Sovereign Citizen = "I DO NOT CONSENT. AM I UNDER ARREST." Freeman on the land = "I DO NOT ENJOINDER YOUR CONTRACT TO ARREST ME AND I AM BILLING YOU ONE BILLION DOLLARS FOR THIS CONVERSATION ACCORDING TO MY FEE SCHEDULE."

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pika50e6l_Y

this guy has to be loving around

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I think one of the strongest arguments for not allowing the constitution to be interpreted at will by any random snaggletoothed hayseed illiterate dipshit is the stuff the hayseed dipshits do right after interpreting the constitution

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

lol

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

This Fedsmoker guy will end up on a dashcam video shooting a screaming cop in the face

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
At a legal advice clinic once, I had a sovereign citizen client come in who was trying to get a judicial review for an administrative tribunal decision she lost. The reason she lost was because she refused to participate in the mandatory pre-hearing procedures because she believed they violated her freedom of association and, among other things, refused to sign anything without adding UNDER DURESS to it.

The thing she was trying so hard to win?

Wait for it...

government disability benefits.

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

haha

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

Up until recently, an unlimited membership was $297. But with all the rapid changes taking place, and the accelerated loss of freedoms around the world, I decided to do something unprecedented - to open up SovereignLife to as many people as possible, for as little as possible.

You can join SovereignLife today for an unlimited time (no renewals ever) and receive all the member benefits listed below for a one-time fee of just $79.

As a member-only service that both values and encourages financial privacy, we offer a Bitcoin payment option - the peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that is destined to change the world.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

I want to blame communism for this but I am not sure how yet

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Pffft, and they say you can't buy anything with bitcoins.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

These guys are the worst, they go out of their way to get into legal trouble and ruin people's work days when in reality nobody gives a poo poo about their little crusade

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bitchtard posted:

Pffft, and they say you can't buy anything with bitcoins.

Since you can't get your money out, it would be a pretty easy way to register people for that service as a "member".

its not like anyone could trace the payment.

See, this is why we cannot have nice things.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

does anyone have a link to the video of the old fat bald guy in a suit, sitting in a masterpiece-theater style room, and describing the whole freeman/maritime law thing? i know that's vague...

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I thought Sovereign Citizens was an America-only phenomenon, so it's cool to know it's also in Australia and Canada.

I like that the Canada video seems like the most polite one, w/ the guy casually getting out of his car to get papers and the cop mostly warning about elk crossing the road at night :)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

myshl0ng posted:

They remind me of True Finns

http://truefinns.tumblr.com/

"gently caress you Social Democrats and lefties gently caress off or get beaten sue me niggers gently caress in the rear end look at the Yanks fall and commies and believers burn Fidel is bull nuke the USA. gently caress cop poo poo Jews go ahead make my day Hitrel was right the Aryan race rules make my day USA and Israel have to be bombed off the face of the earth viva Osama bin Laden. Germany best True Finns bull make my day."
-Some Finnish dude

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I thought Sovereign Citizens was an America-only phenomenon, so it's cool to know it's also in Australia and Canada.

I like that the Canada video seems like the most polite one, w/ the guy casually getting out of his car to get papers and the cop mostly warning about elk crossing the road at night :)

I do not consent, buddy

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

evilpicard posted:

I do not consent, buddy

I have a friend who works for the Canadian embassy and I'm thinking of bugging her/my current office to find me a job in Canada for a few years because I just imagine they're a chill group in general.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

There's a lot of Latin in legal stuff. I wonder if we can teach these guys some cantrips or something.

I mean, I have a book on Greco-Roman curse tablets with a chapters for legal help and amulets and poo poo, I might be able to put it to use, finally!

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

It'd be funny if some sheriff in like Montana or something got tired of these guys and just immediately started deporting people who claimed not to be citizens/have no papers.

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
do they even know what the magna carta is

the comments on these videos are pretty good too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why do they keep asking police for business cards?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I will agree with these guys to a point, Police should identify themselves when asked, warrant card and photo ID. But after that their line of logic just goes to poo poo. Business cards... really?

Hand it to the cops in the videos, they all show incredible patience and restraint even though its obvious within the first 5 minutes they're dealing with manchildren

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Sappo569 posted:

I will agree with these guys to a point, Police should identify themselves when asked, warrant card and photo ID. But after that their line of logic just goes to poo poo. Business cards... really?

Hand it to the cops in the videos, they all show incredible patience and restraint even though its obvious within the first 5 minutes they're dealing with manchildren

They're probably happy to finally be dealing with a crazy person that isn't drunk and stabby.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Why do they keep asking police for business cards?

Because the police are a state-funded corporation of thugs. It stands to reason that a corporation would supply its employees with business cards.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Mymla posted:

Because the police are a state-funded corporation of thugs. It stands to reason that a corporation would supply its employees with business cards.

loving Poe's law right here.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can p zzzzt AAUAUIIIIIGIEEEEEEEEEE

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

Mymla posted:

Don't let me stand in the way of your fiery rhetoric or anything, but what meaning, exactly, does 'of thugs' add to this paragraph?

Mymla posted:

Because the police are a state-funded corporation of public servants. It stands to reason that a corporation would supply its employees with business cards.

Mymla posted:

Because the police are a state-funded corporation of nice friendly good people. It stands to reason that a corporation would supply its employees with business cards.

Mymla posted:

Because the police are a state-funded corporation of blue-suited street superheroes. It stands to reason that a corporation would supply its employees with business cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
it was a joke i think

• Locked thread