Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Uranium 235 posted:

In Arkansas, some sovereign citizen rear end in a top hat and his brainwashed son ambushed and murdered two police officers who had stopped them on an interstate (the son got out of the car with an AK-47 while the police were searching his dad). They were tracked down a short time later and another gunfight broke out in a Wal-Mart parking lot, during which the idiots were fatally shot by police.

Here's the full video of the encounter, including the final encounter in the parking lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDsWtNQzcg

Wikipedia page for the event: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_West_Memphis_police_shootings

So yeah, gently caress sovereign citizens.

At the end their dog hops out of the smashed back window and runs off, is it a sovereign dog now? What does maritime law have to say about dogs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Uranium 235 posted:

In Arkansas, some sovereign citizen rear end in a top hat and his brainwashed son ambushed and murdered two police officers who had stopped them on an interstate (the son got out of the car with an AK-47 while the police were searching his dad). They were tracked down a short time later and another gunfight broke out in a Wal-Mart parking lot, during which the idiots were fatally shot by police.

Here's the full video of the encounter, including the final encounter in the parking lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDsWtNQzcg

Wikipedia page for the event: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_West_Memphis_police_shootings

One of the cops who got killed's dad was on 60 minutes talking about the whole movement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F_pY47hE5U

The title tells you who posted it, making it even better. What a bunch of delusional assholes. You want to do your stupid paper terrorism and file billions in liens against judges and officers, knock yourselves you. Even better, you want to scam other clueless fucks out of money? Great. But you don't get to shoot people, particularly cops.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW
What the gently caress is with these microdicks?

Most of it consists of fuckheads doing 10-15mp/h the limit then goading the police into beating them....

Are they really weird bdsm freaks?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
If I were a po-lice I'd be real fuckin' prickly around any sovcit shithead after this.

The patience of some of these guys just astounds me.

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

olylifter posted:

One of the cops who got killed's dad was on 60 minutes talking about the whole movement https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F_pY47hE5U

Fuuuuuuck... :smith:

fake edit: god drat gently caress these lovely assholes who spread this retarded ideological cancer, drat them to hell

i'm going shut up now before i say something :can:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Uranium 235 posted:

Here's the full video of the encounter, including the final encounter in the parking lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDsWtNQzcg :nms: because of bodies but it's not actually very gory

Horrible, do you have an article on that one?

I'd like to read it

That's kind of how I was thinking the DUI kid was going to turn out, when he went into his trunk/drivers side.

Surprised the officer didn't handcuff him at that point

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

i really want more of those encounters to happen. A cop dies, a right-winger dies. This is a 100% win situation.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW
Ya'll a bunch of fagfgots.

you don undertand our philosify of QUANTUM-LANGUAGE-PARSE-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR

Sheep, go back to your FOR THE FORMS OF OUR PUNCTUATIONS ARE WITH THE CLAIM OF THE USE: FULL-COLON=POSITION-LODIO-FACTS, HYPHEN=COMPOUND-FACTS =KNOWN, PERIOD=END-THOUGHT, COMMA-PAUSE, AND LOCATION-TILDES WITH THE MEANINGS AND USES OF THE COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE FULL-COLON OF THE POSITION-LODIAL-FACT-PHRASE WITH THE FACT/KNOWN-TERM OF THE POSITIONAL-LODIO-FACT-PHRASE AND WITH THE VOID OF THE NOM-DE-GUERRE = DEAD-PERSON

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Prettz posted:

i really want more of those encounters to happen. A cop dies, a right-winger dies. This is a 100% win situation.

Too hosed up for GBS.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Yellow Jackson posted:

Too hosed up for GBS.
I hope you're kidding

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Prettz posted:

I hope you're kidding

lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Troglyfe posted:

e: How are you supposed to tell the harmless crazies from the murderous crazies? This is all so depressing.
See here in america we just give them all guns and then we know when they start killing people. Pretty simple imo.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
At about 4:30 into that Memphis massacre video you can hear Rush Limbaugh on the cops radio.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Darth123123 posted:

At about 4:30 into that Memphis massacre video you can hear Rush Limbaugh on the cops radio.
Nah, you're close but it's actually Mark Levin.

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

Awesome! posted:

See here in america we just give them all guns and then we know when they start killing people. Pretty simple imo.

As awful as this is (what is this something sensitive? rofl), I laughed.

I'm going to go hug my dad now.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
it's really weird that they think "law" is a basic fundamental truth of the universe, rather than something that everyone agrees on

like id get it if they said what you're doing is morally wrong, but law is created because of the threat of force behind it. saying "you can't tell me what to do because the law says I'm free to do whatever I want" is meaningless if everyone agrees that the law doesn't work that way, law literally works the way people in power agree it works

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Prettz posted:

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!

Prettz posted:

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
I would wanna be the cop who slammed into their minivan.

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

K. Farb posted:

I would wanna be the cop who slammed into their minivan.

Not gonna lie, that was pretty cathartic to watch.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

olylifter posted:

This is insanely long for a non-Supreme Court level judgment (its 160 pages), but it covers everything you could ever possibly want to know about sovereign citizens and all the various offshoots.

http://www.albertacourts.ab.ca/jdb/2003-/qb/Family/2012/2012abqb0571ed1.pdf

My favorite bit, discussing Moorish Law: The exotic nature of the Moorish Law movement and its claims warrant some comment, as casual exposure to a Moorish Law litigant may lead an observer to suspect mental impairment or disorder.

Every other one the judge somewhat treats as normal, but then he gets to the one involving black folks and he has to point out "yeah, the one they made up seems to be crazy". I can't tell if that's racist or not.

I know someone tangentially related to this. She called them all bonkers, in a high falutin british accent no less.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

it's really weird that they think "law" is a basic fundamental truth of the universe, rather than something that everyone agrees on

like id get it if they said what you're doing is morally wrong, but law is created because of the threat of force behind it. saying "you can't tell me what to do because the law says I'm free to do whatever I want" is meaningless if everyone agrees that the law doesn't work that way, law literally works the way people in power agree it works

Well it seems like a lot of them don't so much think that law is metaphysical, but more that they think the government has misled you about the actual power of the law. That they've created laws you don't have to follow but try to convince you you do- or that the extent of current laws are greater than the layman believes- and if you are smart enough you can just tell the police/courts/etc that you're opting out.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Prettz posted:

pretty much this. cops getting whats comin' to em is hilarious and idiots who don't understand anything behaving recklessly is hilarious too

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Unfortunately, that's what an "inalienable" right is defined as. It's a universal and natural right, usually specified as a right not to be subjected to an action of or by another person or group. Blame the Declaration of Independence for that, since the concept of an inalienable right is literally in the second paragraph of the document that found the United States and became a model on how modern liberal democracies are formed.

I'm not defending these douchebags, but that government, especially one that is of the people, for the people, and by the people, doesn't grant you rights, but recognizes them.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Well it seems like a lot of them don't so much think that law is metaphysical, but more that they think the government has misled you about the actual power of the law. That they've created laws you don't have to follow but try to convince you you do- or that the extent of current laws are greater than the layman believes- and if you are smart enough you can just tell the police/courts/etc that you're opting out.

Agreed. The sovereign citizens and freemen are trying to have it both ways. In how rights are supposed to work, a thief may have an obligation not to steal (because of the universal right to private property), and a police officer may have a obligation not to tackle people (because of the universal right to freedom from government interference), but if a thief violated someone's rights by stealing, then the police officer has an obligation to curbstomb the thief. What the sovereign citizens are trying to do is give them an out to violate other people's rights (like the guy trying to film the courthouse; those people behind the bailiffs are jurors and he's violating their privacy while they're on jury duty) while having the government (of the people with their own rights, mind you) respects their own.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 31, 2014

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

they do seem to think that cops, judges, whoever, are bound by some sort of rumpelstiltsken-esque power that can paralyze them if you say the right words to them

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

QwertyAsher posted:

they do seem to think that cops, judges, whoever, are bound by some sort of rumpelstiltsken-esque power that can paralyze them if you say the right words to them

Someone see if saying Judge Judy's name backward will send that bitch back to hell.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Snipes#Tax_evasion_conviction

ALWAYS BET ON BLACK

EXCEPT IN MATTERS OF TAX EVASION

also wesley snipes originally had lawyers @ the firm my buddy works for but he fired them after they wouldnt go forward with this insanity in court

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Just once, just once I want a cop to use the same tactic on them and get it on video.

"So wait. Do you do not believe in any law unless it is agreed by yourself, correct?"
"Correct."
"So you don't think I have the Authority to arrest you?"
"Correct."
"So therefore, if you don't believe in the rules I have to follow, why do I have to follow your rules? And if there are no rules that are being agreed on, its Wet Willie time."
*licks finger and gives wet willie*.

Once the SC complains the cop just repeats "I do not agree to your law, I did not sign anything."

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

Whoa now, acknowledging construction of social reality is commie talk.

Szymaniak
Jul 21, 2010
Is there an intersection between these nuthuts and objectivists? Because if a bunch of them ended up living in their own little valley, I'd watch that show.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Woah, these guys are kinda like libertarians/objectivists/cops/MRAs/Bronies? Let's not try to get all the GBS topics in here at once gang.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

QwertyAsher posted:

if you catch a judge they have to give you their pot of gold

if you grab a cop by the tail he must grant you 3 wishes

bailiffs are weak to fire type and electric type, but strong against flying

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

happyhippy posted:

Just once, just once I want a cop to use the same tactic on them and get it on video.

"So wait. Do you do not believe in any law unless it is agreed by yourself, correct?"
"Correct."
"So you don't think I have the Authority to arrest you?"
"Correct."
"So therefore, if you don't believe in the rules I have to follow, why do I have to follow your rules? And if there are no rules that are being agreed on, its Wet Willie time."
*licks finger and gives wet willie*.

Once the SC complains the cop just repeats "I do not agree to your law, I did not sign anything."

That's where their idea/scam of "fee schedules" come in. Part of their mumbo-jumbo is to try and convince people that they can force you into a unilateral contract that says they can charge you any amount of money (usually hundreds of thousands or millions) if you obstruct/harass/interfere with them. There's a sample in that big PDF so I'm not sure what it claims it does if you actually explicitly reject it (I think it tries to create some near-impossible route to explicitly dispute/deny it), but it's funny to imagine Apple trying the same thing. Just mailing out contracts in bulk mail that say "Here is a contract that binds you to buying an iphone from us. If you do not respond in 7 days we will assume you have agreed and already collected your iphone, and will owe us a sum of $500".

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
is "sovereign citizen" fancy talk for "morons who run around with assault rifles in public to stir up poo poo with cops"

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

They say poo poo like that -- people are just uninformed, ignorant about the truth, etc. -- even after they've been put through a legal system with no patience for their chicanery; a legal system that is perfectly fine with jailing a sovereign citizen for refusing to comply with regular courthouse procedure.

They try their methods, they unavoidably fail because it's based on fantasy and wishful thinking, but it doesn't cause them to reconsider. Peep that one cat who got jailed for trying sovereign citizen poo poo to get out of a moving violation. He never succeeded with his "get out of jail free with this ONE WEIRD TRICK" schtick, yet he went on to lecture other sovereigns on "how to beat the system".

Yet apparently none of them stop and ask him if he's actually tried his techniques and how it works out. Because he has tried his techniques, and they simply landed him in jail.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

THE PWNER posted:

is "sovereign citizen" fancy talk for "morons who run around with assault rifles in public to stir up poo poo with cops"

Slightly more nuanced. Some crazies with assault rifles run around with them because they know it's illegal and want to make a point. Sovereigns do it because they think that the laws of the US are invalid because the dungeon master forgot to say the proper incantation or whatever.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

ashgromnies posted:

Slightly more nuanced. Some crazies with assault rifles run around with them because they know it's illegal and want to make a point. Sovereigns do it because they think that the laws of the US are invalid because the dungeon master forgot to say the proper incantation or whatever.

Hey if a computer program generates my name and prints it as ALL CAPS on a form letter, that letter is instantly invalid. Everyone knows this!

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!
They believe that we live in a totalitarian, fascist, Orwellian state. But also that all you have to do to get out of being oppressed is fill out the proper form in triplicate.

lexan
Apr 24, 2004

Someday I'll be a big producer on Broadway, and you'll be singin' your opera in the street with a tin cup in your hand!
They believe that we live in a totalitarian, fascist, Orwellian state. But also that all you have to do to get out of being oppressed is fill out the proper form in triplicate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Sappo569 posted:

Dude sounds pretty normal to me.

Can we do radical Open Carry guys ITT as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N30TagPCNE4

These videos always start out with the folks expecting a cop to fall head over heels into a web of lies, and it's hilarious when they don't really have much of a counter to someone respecting their rights and being polite, and following the law

God, yes.

Woah, these guys are kinda like libertarians/objectivists/cops/MRAs/Bronies? Let's not try to get all the GBS topics in here at once gang.

Also atheist PUA redditors.

• Locked thread