Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

oval office.exe posted:

YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS

"This is why when you were born you have to have a 'berth' certificate. And it's gotta be signed by the 'Dock'"

I really love freemen.

and I really love you. i've been looking for this for ages. god bless you, and god bless america.

e: ahahahah gently caress he's even crazier than i remember.

ee: drops the freemason bomb in the last quarter. fuuuuuck.

cowboythreespeech fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

cowboythreespeech posted:

ee: drops the freemason bomb in the last quarter. fuuuuuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnn7V31nIMU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

lexan posted:

They believe that we live in a totalitarian, fascist, Orwellian state. But also that all you have to do to get out of being oppressed is fill out the proper form in triplicate.

Do you have to post in doublicate too? heh

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I love how bitterly a lot of these guys resent any regulation or law enforcement of the roads whatsoever. I still remember a heated argument with a guy who was borderline sovereign citizen about this poo poo; he thought it was totally outrageous that anyone could be barred from driving a car on the road (like for getting caught DUII), and said that if people misbehaved they should just be punished normally.

I managed to get him to admit that he thought it would be more just to wait for someone to get killed and then imprison the driver for negligent homicide, than to take away someone's ability to drive.

This was also a guy who, out of nowhere, one day piped up that he felt zero sympathy for the family of the IRS worker who got killed when a nutjob plowed his Cessna into an IRS office; the reason being that IRS workers are basically morally equivalent to SS stormtroopers following Hitler's orders.

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 1, 2014

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

This was also a guy who, out of nowhere, one day piped up that he felt zero sympathy for the family of the IRS worker who got killed when a nutjob plowed his Cessna into an IRS office; the reason being that IRS workers are basically morally equivalent to SS stormtroopers following Hitler's orders.

So he posts in GBS now?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Prettz posted:

i really want more of those encounters to happen. A cop dies, a right-winger dies. This is a 100% win situation.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Vice did a pretty good documentary on a German sovereign citizen that actually managed to do it. Him and his cult of followers are all super creepy, to everyone's surprise

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/Fringes/kingdom-of-germany

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

That's where their idea/scam of "fee schedules" come in. Part of their mumbo-jumbo is to try and convince people that they can force you into a unilateral contract that says they can charge you any amount of money (usually hundreds of thousands or millions) if you obstruct/harass/interfere with them. There's a sample in that big PDF so I'm not sure what it claims it does if you actually explicitly reject it (I think it tries to create some near-impossible route to explicitly dispute/deny it), but it's funny to imagine Apple trying the same thing. Just mailing out contracts in bulk mail that say "Here is a contract that binds you to buying an iphone from us. If you do not respond in 7 days we will assume you have agreed and already collected your iphone, and will owe us a sum of $500".

and the best part of that its literally first year contract law. You can only have silence give consent where there's a long-standing arrangement of the exact nature of this specific transaction (and even then its not guaranteed).

A one-time, unilateral transaction? Not worth the paper its printed on.

I don't get why some of these donkeys don't go to one of the TTT law schools in the US: some of the lower end ones (Cooley, for example) you just need an LSAT higher than 0 and you're in. It'd be hilarious to hear about one of them arguing with a prof for not teaching the 'real law'.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Sappo569 posted:

These videos always start out with the folks expecting a cop to fall head over heels into a web of lies, and it's hilarious when they don't really have much of a counter to someone respecting their rights and being polite, and following the law

Christ, they are trying SO HARD to get the cop to say or do something so they can yell about being persecuted.

I love the part where the guy claims he's 'offended' that the cop wants to check whether or not he's a felon.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
Sociopath cops and schizo SCs murdering each other sounds like a pretty good thing for the country overall

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

evilpicard posted:

"no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no I've got work today "

"well you ain't gonna make it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsXKdmE8pnA
This guy refuses to pay taxes or vote, and then bitches about the government :laffo:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Pfirti86 posted:

Christ, they are trying SO HARD to get the cop to say or do something so they can yell about being persecuted.

I love the part where the guy claims he's 'offended' that the cop wants to check whether or not he's a felon.

I know.

I had a discussion with my friend on steam after watching that video, maybe you can help me out.

Say I was living in that state, and had an open carry permit, is it not part of the conditions of said permit that I have to produce it to PROVE I am legally allowed to carry such a device?

The cop had a very good point in that how was he to know they were:

A. Citizens

B. Not felons

C. Had such a license to carry

I live in Canada btw, and videos like this make me very aware why Canada would never in a million years legalise public concealed or open carry.

We have very very restricted concealed carry, mainly for Judges etc who are under constant threat of death

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I ignored this thread until right now but these videos are so loving great.

I can sort of understand where the delusion comes from in America but how has it spread to Canada? I mean, citizenship and federal/provincial dynamics are so different compared to America I'm surprised people thought this poo poo would fly

e: Reading more I guess it's less of a state vs. federal thing and more of a freemen vs. sanity thing

Old Story fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 1, 2014

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Slow day at the office, so I ended up reading that entire 185-page Alberta judgement posted earlier.

It really bummed me out, because while I first just dismissed sovereign citizens/OPCA litigants as wacky idiots, now all I can think of is that they are the legal system's equivalent to people in old times who, not knowing any better and not having any money to afford anything else, would go to faith healers and quacks to get medical treatment.

Lawyers are so loving expensive, and the law often so complex, that it's easier for confused, scared, and impresionable people to instead get caught up in these scams which promise 1 weird tip to beat the system.

Hell, the judge even describes the "gurus" who sell these workshops as parasites - since they know drat well that the poo poo they peddle doesn't work, and compares them to medieval alchemists tricksters.

Tipps fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 1, 2014

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
These guys are right though. The law IS magic.

For example, simply by printing this magic phrase on a coffee cup: "Caution! Beverage is served hot"

I magically ward off any coffee burn related lawsuits.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Old Story posted:

I can sort of understand where the delusion comes from in America but how has it spread to Canada? I mean, citizenship and federal/provincial dynamics are so different compared to America I'm surprised people thought this poo poo would fly

There is a long history of paranoid political thought in BC and Alberta, stemming from a number of legitimate grievances and a complete lack of political power until the 1990's. With the rise of Reform and BLOC / PQ political discussion in the west radicalized to the point where the unsophisticated rural hucksters didn't sound that much crazier than everyone else. Plus, because of the weirdness of how Canada became a country in stages, many people seized on some accident of history to prove their points.

edit:

redshirt posted:

These guys are right though. The law IS magic.

For example, simply by printing this magic phrase on a coffee cup: "Caution! Beverage is served hot"

I magically ward off any coffee burn related lawsuits.

Not causing horrific injuries to multiple customers also helps.

COPE 27 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 1, 2014

Doc Neutral
Jan 31, 2014
Here is another tool who got into court for fishing without a license and then when called to preliminary hearing the idiot started spouting his bullshit about being "The Living Man", calling the american flag the jolly roger and some poo poo about being a sovereing citizen, afterwards Judge Patience(not her real name though) walked out of the courtroom instead of coming down with the contempt charge. Why do these people even exist, how loving hard can it be to get a fishing license.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuy_2Cq8HAA

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

This guy refuses to pay taxes or vote, and then bitches about the government :laffo:

"I have work today"
:qq:

"you ain't gonna make it"

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Old Story posted:

The guy who annoyed the judge enough to write that huge document posted early in the thread was trying to use UCC in his law magic. In Canada.

The people who participate in this stuff don't know any better.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Doc Neutral posted:

Here is another tool who got into court for fishing without a license and then when called to preliminary hearing the idiot started spouting his bullshit about being "The Living Man", calling the american flag the jolly roger and some poo poo about being a sovereing citizen, afterwards Judge Patience(not her real name though) walked out of the courtroom instead of coming down with the contempt charge. Why do these people even exist, how loving hard can it be to get a fishing license.

The comments on that video:
WakeUpToTheNWO21 month ago
Most people don't understand that you have 2 "PERSONS" - each of them with different rights and duties.
#1 - The PERSON listed in all CAPS on your Birth Certificate.

That judge's last name could not possibly be anything but Patience. She looks like a kindergarten teacher or something.

Also I love how he's wearing a point blanket and hasn't removed his hat in a courtroom. What a donkey.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Not that the guy isn't an idiot (he is), but you can refuse to vote and still have the right to bitch about the government. There is also an argument to be made that the people who did vote have lost the right to complain.

But really, everyone should be bitching about the government, because it's pretty poo poo.

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Doc Neutral posted:

This guy owns.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Now post the vid where he gets put in jail while speaking his gibberish

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

olylifter posted:

The comments on that video:
WakeUpToTheNWO21 month ago
Most people don't understand that you have 2 "PERSONS" - each of them with different rights and duties.
#1 - The PERSON listed in all CAPS on your Birth Certificate.

You know, the easiest way to fight this is print all government documents they handle out in triplicate, one in all caps, one in regular type, and the other in lower case. Then charge them for all three.

Dilettante.
Feb 18, 2011
Someone posted a bunch of links to Sovereign websites in the bitcoin thread a while back.

I remember reading a thread with a young mother who was trying to pull every magic law nullifying argument out of her hat to stop her getting evicted for not paying tax, rent or some other stupid poo poo. Every time she posted her tone became more despondent as poo poo was beginning to pile on, and she was utterly baffled to why it was not working. Yet she kept asking for more advice and incantations that would stymie the man. Anyone who offered any remotely sane advice or laughed at her for being a retard was banned for being a sock-puppet of the NWO-Illuminati-Templar order.

I wonder how it all turned out. :allears:

SevenSixTwoX39
Jun 28, 2009

Capitalism has triumphed all over the world, but this triumph is only the prelude to the triumph of labour over capital.
Sovereign citizens actually do exist despite what people may think. Though they're people exempt from the law because of how rich or well connected they are and not because they know magic spells or whatever. Like for example on a smaller scale I can speed all I want in my county and not get any speeding tickets because of cronyism.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

genesplicer posted:

I love how she feels that she does not have to follow any of the rules that society creates, but expects society to follow her rules and just hand over $300,000 because she demands it.

Idiots.

Her responses during her first hearing are great.

http://stateportpilot.com/news/article_96a9eaf8-8be9-11e2-8a81-0019bb2963f4.html

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Doc Neutral posted:

Hahahahaa, it's almost like community theater.

Edit: Here's another guy. Man, they sure do love their bullshit admiralty law.

Foyes36 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 1, 2014

Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.

evilpicard posted:

God, yes.

Also atheist PUA redditors.

None of these dudes are atheist, if you read any of the court documents they cite the king james bible and god's law multiple times as the founding laws of the country and the only laws that are real laws. you know, unlike all the rest of them. not gonna tell you which ones are fake and which ones are real because I kinda just choose what those are when I see them. Any that apply to me are naturally not real so we can go ahead and square that away right this minute officer.

Massive_Idiot fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 1, 2014

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
Awwwwww, he's trying so hard! It's cute to see them while they're still developing.

He needs lessons from that mountain guy. The mountain guy had a way better cadence when he started to get into the sovereign poo poo.

Edit: Oh poo poo, the Mountain Man was caught and put back in jail! He should vomit out more Sovereigntise, that'll work.

Foyes36 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 1, 2014

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pfirti86 posted:

Awwwwww, he's trying so hard! It's cute to see them while they're still developing.

He needs lessons from that mountain guy. The mountain guy had a way better cadence when he started to get into the sovereign poo poo.

he got captured while panning for gold

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

how much time to they spend rehearsing this stuff

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Kraustofski posted:

None of these dudes are atheist, if you read any of the court documents they cite the king james bible and god's law multiple times as the founding laws of the country and the only laws that are real laws. you know, unlike all the rest of them. not gonna tell you which ones are fake and which ones are real because I kinda just choose what those are when I see them. Any that apply to me are naturally not real so we can go ahead and square that away right this minute officer.

*whoosh*

Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.
^^^

sorry i read like 30 pages into that long rear end Alberta court documents post a little while back and saw king james bible like 40 times and had to mention how weird it was by inserting it in somewhere. you're violating my freedom of not laughing at crusty moldy reddit jokes.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The idiots are great, but I wish there weren't so many of them in my state. It kinda sucks.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Notice how a lot of these idiots are in trouble for/looking for ways out of foreclosure and other money problems. Being poor does hosed up things to you.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

He describes himself as a "Plenipotentiary-Judge", an ambassador, banker, postmaster,[7] King of Hawaii, and a genius with an IQ of 200.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Why do they keep asking police for business cards?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIvd3zzu4Y

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Mineaiki posted:

Notice how a lot of these idiots are in trouble for/looking for ways out of foreclosure and other money problems. Being poor does hosed up things to you.

Yeah like Tipps says above, the interesting thing about this movement is that a big chunk of these people are neither mentally ill or actual political whack-jobs. Some are (like the man and son who shot the police in West Memphis), most seem to just be going through a traumatic event, usually legal or financial in nature, where they're both scared and powerless. All their contract mumbo-jumbo feels like a reaction to mortgage documents or legal notices being an impenetrable soup of arcane terminology.

It is funny in a not-very-funny-but-really-sad way that the Canadian document is about how to best inform these people about their actual rights and trying to prosecuting those who mislead people, while the US-based 60 minutes piece is all about how they're on the FBI Terrorist Watch list and how tough cops are going to be on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Yeah like Tipps says above, the interesting thing about this movement is that a big chunk of these people are neither mentally ill or actual political whack-jobs. Some are (like the man and son who shot the police in West Memphis), most seem to just be going through a traumatic event, usually legal or financial in nature, where they're both scared and powerless. All their contract mumbo-jumbo feels like a reaction to mortgage documents or legal notices being an impenetrable soup of arcane terminology.

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions!

• Locked thread