Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo. Issue 50 was like the best comic I've read on months. Everything got a satisfying playoff, we get a new and filled with potential status quo, the seeds for a new epic were planted and the art got some really incredible action sequences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
That. Was. Awesome.

Last page spoilies:
So Krang cloned Hamato and his sons back into existence. Take that, reincarnation.

I wonder if they'll dive deeper into QNA memories.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I didn't expect this thread to actually exist when I went looking for it, hooray for it existing!

I fell in love with, and borrowed paperbacks to binge-read through the IDW series while I was in hospital. Now that I'm free and fit enough to check out sotres and conventions again, I've started trying to pick up the whole series in single issues.

I'm fairly hyped to be able to go back and read it from the start, without the morphine-induced haze, actually being able to remember who characters are this time, and with all of the side-stories that I wasn't able to read the first time round.

How hard are the back issues to find outside of the UK? Everyone keeps referring to it as an indie comic, but every store here always seems to have shelf stock of the current issue, and two or three Kevin Eastman covers lying around in the back issues box.

Right now I'm looking at two massive gaps in my collection, both story arcs, which never seem to show up for a reasonable price on Ebay UK. I'm not sure whether to persevere, and hope they show up at a convention for £2 each, or bite the bullet and import those arcs from the US at Silly Prices(tm). I feel like I've put so much time into collecting it now, that I just want to rush out and get it done as quickly as possible, even though I know that's dumb and stupid :{

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ninja Turtles 2 Trailer

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1084868231553605

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's...not terrible? Or maybe Amell just has me under his spell.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

The turtle designs look a it less busy, and they completely tossed out the MechaShredder for a surprisingly restrained suit that actually looks decent:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If this turns out to be a clusterfuck, at least it's going to be a glorious one.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

That looks Like a big budget episode of the old cartoon ramped up on breakfast cereal and cocaine with better jokes and animation.

I'm down.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

That's...not terrible? Or maybe Amell just has me under his spell.

I have a condition where whenever I hear, "This speech is my recital..." I immediately get more pumped about what I'm watching.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dacap posted:

The turtle designs look a it less busy, and they completely tossed out the MechaShredder for a surprisingly restrained suit that actually looks decent:

Well, for my own amusement, I had to anyway

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Light Gun Man posted:

Well, for my own amusement, I had to anyway

That looks really cool.

Anyway sort of resurrecting the thread to remind everyone that the ongoing is still really drat good. I caved in and bought the IDW collection 1 and have decided that that's how i'm getting the comic from now on, it is really well put together and having the issues in reading order is great (which means i'll be buying duplicate until the idw collection volume 5).

Did anyone get the Ultimate collection volume 6? I have the first five and am wondering if the collected shorts are worth it. Kind of running out of book space.

Also there is going to be a TMNT Heroclix set in March and a miniatures boardgame in summer, if you're into that sort of thing.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Fred Armisen will be voicing Krang in the new movie

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, I've fallen so behind. :smith: Last I read was when Splinter finally killed Shredder, I think I'll just buy the trades but, man, I literally just spent 60 dollars on the Marvel Unlimited subscription and don't feel like spending on comics soon.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the movie, looks like it'll actually be fun and wacky this time, which would at least lead to a good time.

Oh and the cartoon has kinda been garbage for a while now but there's a crossover episode with the 80s turtles coming up and it'll also feature the original Mirage turtles.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man, I've fallen so behind. :smith: Last I read was when Splinter finally killed Shredder, I think I'll just buy the trades but, man, I literally just spent 60 dollars on the Marvel Unlimited subscription and don't feel like spending on comics soon.

I'm cautiously optimistic for the movie, looks like it'll actually be fun and wacky this time, which would at least lead to a good time.

Oh and the cartoon has kinda been garbage for a while now but there's a crossover episode with the 80s turtles coming up and it'll also feature the original Mirage turtles.

I stopped at 50 as well. My plan is to wait until like issue 75 and binge it all.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Here's Jhonen Vasquez's short from SDCC: Don Vs. Raph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQNZcBTOgt8

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kme-RO2G3I

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
What the gently caress, Splinter. I know Fast Forward was lovely but come on.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Looks like next week (#67) and the first week of May (Free Comic Book Day) are going to be big jumping-on points for the series, and I'm kind of tempted to put together a new OP for the IDW universe, with character bios, suggested reading order and chronology, to help goons get caught up, and hopefuly turn some new people onto the series.

Is there enough interest in the series for us to start posting again every week? We've got the IDW on-going, Batman/TMNT ongoing, Universe and the old (and insane) Mirage/Image stuff to poop our pants over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Put it together and I will edit it in!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tyma posted:

Looks like next week (#67) and the first week of May (Free Comic Book Day) are going to be big jumping-on points for the series,

Well, that's ironic. I just spent the last couple of days catching up.

I stopped reading back in issue fifty, was feeling kinda lost from not reading all the tie-ins and it seemed like a good place to stop for a while (plus i kinda feared that what followed couldn't stand up with such a cool new status quo) but, man, this year was amazing! Mikey's my favorite turtle so I'm very glad at how much focus we got to his morality, Splinter went some really interesting places, I loved the '03 cartoon so Ch'rell was very appreciated and issue 66 was adorable as hell :3: Can't wait to see what else the comic has in store for the future.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I loved the '03 cartoon so Ch'rell was very appreciated and issue 66 was adorable as hell :3: Can't wait to see what else the comic has in store for the future.

Things' about to get cuter!

Now is apparently a very good time to catch up on the Mutanimals mini-series and Universe #5, as they're about to pop up in the main storyline again. More Hob! :neckbeard:

Tyma fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 31, 2017

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I've finally started reading the IDW comics after stocking up in the current sale at Comixology and these are really good. Familiar with all the usual Turtles hallmarks but also fresh and modern with their own twist on things. I love Raph and Casey's friendship and the whole dynamic with Casey and his dad (I got all emotional reading his micro), the page where Donatello realises the guy at the science convention is his online archenemy in his one-shot was brilliant, there's just so much good stuff here.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just started the IDW comics today and burned through the first four volumes. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the microseries or most of the spinoffs :( But I'm liking it very much and how it seems to bring together all the disparate elements of TMNT in ways the Nickelodeon version has failed to do. I'm eager to read more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah, as much as I like the Nickelodeon show, some of the interpretations for the minor characters are so out there that it's like, you might as well have just made a completely original character.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I do wonder why Hob couldn't have been Verminator and Alopex couldn't have been Ninjara though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

I do wonder why Hob couldn't have been Verminator and Alopex couldn't have been Ninjara though.

I know for a fact Alopex/Ninjara is a royalties thing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh? Dammit.

Why does this keep happening to characters made by Archie comics?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm reading up on future and upcoming characters

Holy gently caress this series acknowledges the Archie comics existed there are tons of characters from it in here

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Pretty sure there's an upcoming mini-series that's going to lean into the Archie stuff hard. I think it's a Stump Asteroid story, but I haven't seen yet if Cudley is going to be in it.

Also, the latest issue of TMNT Universe (which is gorgeous, btw) name-drops Jagwar as one of the immortal animal siblings, but in this version Jagwar is apparently a woman.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I want Hob to become Verminator X at some point if only to carry over his revolutionary tendencies into Public Enemy references.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh man, making Slash a snapping turtle was really clever.

Also, that story was super sad.

EDIT - Chet is who?!

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Just finished through the City Fall arc.

That's some good poo poo.

• Locked thread