Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

The Neutrino arc was the most boring one, yeah.

Secret History of the Foot Clan is probably the best. City Fall seems like it would be weak if you weren't also keeping up with all the micros. The Alopex thing would seem super out of left field otherwise. I found the TMNT Entity timeline really helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
The Neutrino arc was pretty cool :colbert:

Turtles in Time and Secret History are my favourites. Eric Burnham writes the villains so drat good, even if his Turtles are a little generic.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Liam Acerbus posted:

I found the TMNT Entity timeline really helpful.

Glad to be of service.

Veg posted:

The Neutrino arc was pretty cool :colbert:

Turtles in Time and Secret History are my favourites. Eric Burnham writes the villains so drat good, even if his Turtles are a little generic.

Eh. My preferences regarding the TMNT, and comics in general, skew more towards street-level vigilantes. When it comes to Northampton, set them up against as many mystical and psychedelic threats as you can, but when they're in the city, keep that poo poo to mutants and ninjas and gangs. I know there's an intrinsically extradimensional quality to their origins, and their adventures, but it's like when the X-Men go into space. Sure, they function out there, but it doesn't necessarily mean they belong.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 1, 2015

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Liam Acerbus posted:

City Fall seems like it would be weak if you weren't also keeping up with all the micros. The Alopex thing would seem super out of left field otherwise. I found the TMNT Entity timeline really helpful.

Unless you were on a super limited budget I can't imagine skipping the micro-series. Most of them were better than the ongoing issue released at the same time - not that it was bad, the micros were just great. Then again I am a sucker for origin stories/character focus.

And anyone who saw Bebop and Rocksteady on a comic cover and then didn't buy it deserves the boredom :colbert:

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

Budget aside, if you were catching up on a backlog like I was, it would be pretty easy to just hone in on the main series before moving on to all the micros. That's why it's nice to have a timeline handy.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Liam Acerbus posted:

Budget aside, if you were catching up on a backlog like I was, it would be pretty easy to just hone in on the main series before moving on to all the micros. That's why it's nice to have a timeline handy.

Oh yeah no doubt - the new hardcover apparently collects them in order (I think its the first twelve issues and 5 micros), its just a shame I'm already on volume 9 of the tpbs.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I'll raise this thread back from the dead to say - God drat.

Wonder where they're going with this. I mean obviously they're not going to stick with it forever but I was surprised they went there.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm more surprised Bebop and Rocksteady are actually competent enough to succeed in this continuity.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Gavok posted:

I'm more surprised Bebop and Rocksteady are actually competent enough to succeed in this continuity.

Thats what made the issue so shocking! I was like well obviously...gently caress.

It even had the cliche dialogue and the perfect out, then bam! nope it happened.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Holy poo poo. Are they actually pulling things from Image now? That's crazy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I don't read this book, but this event upsets me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Inkspot posted:

Well, we still need the self aware exoskeleton to show up.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Joe Fisto posted:

I don't read this book, but this event upsets me.

No way it isn't undone in some way at some point (duh its comics) but it was still pretty brutal.

Inkspot posted:

I'm not saying it isn't going to happen but that last page is pretty clearly He's dead jim. Not only dead but his insides have been hosed up.

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

I'm betting on uploading his brain into Metalhead or whatever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Overall a fine conclusion to the arc, everyone got what they deserved.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
What issue does this arc start with?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

What issue does this arc start with?

Technically #40, but you need to start from issue #1 or else you are going to be all kinds of lost.

Seriously, its such a well woven story that every issue adds something.

Regarding this last issue, Turtles In Time #4 is particularly important and makes it extra sad.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Mutanimals! Mutanimals everywhere!

Ray and... Ninjara, maybe? Guessing she's an original character.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Stephen Amell from Arrow just was cast as Casey Jones in Ninja Turtles: Half Shell (Yes that's the real title)

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/stephen-amell-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-casey-jones-1201459533/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dacap posted:

Stephen Amell from Arrow just was cast as Casey Jones in Ninja Turtles: Half Shell (Yes that's the real title)

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/stephen-amell-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-casey-jones-1201459533/

This is awesome, he's going to crush this.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

This is awesome, he's going to crush this.

I hope he does a good job, but I have concerns about what he'll be given to work with.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Light Gun Man posted:

I hope he does a good job, but I have concerns about what he'll be given to work with.

I heard a big problem with the first one is they had to do script edits but had already filmed half the film (the mountain escape in particular I think).

Bebop, Rocksteady and Stephen Amell, don't really see how I can not go see this.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
That mountain sequence blows my mind with the ripple effect it had. The leaked script felt like about half of it or more was entirely there just to be setup for the mountain truck slide, it's bizarre. Casey and April are living in like Michigan maybe? and April is going to move to New York and she wants Casey to come with but he doesn't want to. Then Casey stumbles upon a SECRET UNDERGROUND LABORATORY at the mattress factory he is a security guard at which has the turtles in it. They break out and Casey is involved in the escape and he decides to go with April after all so they can get out of town. Turtles hide in the trailer full of her moving stuff and they do this road trip sequence complete with the turtles making too much noise and Casey covering for them by turning up the radio and trying to get April to do a singalong. All of this, so they have to go over a snowy mountain on their way to New York and slide a semi truck down it.

:psyduck:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I have no hopes for this sequel other than I hope it fails.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Amell can be the big, lovable dummy with a violent streak that Casey Jones is meant to be. Bonus points if they get Elias Koteas to play his dad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Inkspot posted:

Amell can be the big, lovable dummy with a violent streak that Casey Jones is meant to be. Bonus points if they get Elias Koteas to play his dad.

Let's not get our expectations up this soon, this isn't the Flash thread.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Amell is an amazing person and a gigantic nerd.

Even if its a poo poo movie, I'll go see it.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Rhyno posted:

Let's not get our expectations up this soon, this isn't the Flash thread.

God, I wish. We have good TMNT comics. We have good TMNT cartoons. Why can't we have good TMNT movies?

e: Besides the first one (and some bits from the others), I mean.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I hope they double down on their old cartoon influence and have him play the complete psychopath violent idiot Casey Jones, because that was an actually funny part of the old show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCaPUh3yPQY

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Cartoon Casey Jones is even funnier these days because he sounds exactly like Ronald Reagan on China IL.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 1, 2015

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
He was supposed to sound like Clint Eastwood (specifically, Dirty Harry), but now that you mention it, he DOES sound a lot like Reagan.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I can't imagine Stockman's going to last unscathed for too much longer. What are the odds that the same tech they're using to save Donatello get him stuck in the body of one of his flyborgs?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't be at all surprised if that happens.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Why not just advance ALL OF THE PLOTS at once? 50 is gonna be crazy.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It's me, isn't it? I'm the Dark_Tzitzimine of TMNT.

Sigh.

Casey and April #1 was kind of whatever. I don't care much about any of this Pantheon business, but it looks like that's where the series as a whole is headed, so strap in, I guess.

TMNT #47 finally sees Hun defeated (for now) and the flyborgs/mousers released. That's about it. And, I only just realized that Santolouco's covers for 45-50 make a big poster because I am a dummy.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I think the pantheon is OK as I am hoping it will lead to all the "pawns" in their game realizing the best way to beat them is to not play at all. Of course that is straight from my rear end so who really knows.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I just learned they're going to be doing a six issue crossover with the Bat later this year.

Basic synopsis:
Krangs gonna try and zap Shredder and the TMNT away, they end up in Gotham. Gonna meet lots of Batman bad guys apparently.

Sounds like fun. Hope Bebop and Rocksteady are part of this, I'd like to see them meeting the Joker.

The IDW series continues to be really cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrFlibble posted:

I just learned they're going to be doing a six issue crossover with the Bat later this year.

Basic synopsis:
Krangs gonna try and zap Shredder and the TMNT away, they end up in Gotham. Gonna meet lots of Batman bad guys apparently.

Sounds like fun. Hope Bebop and Rocksteady are part of this, I'd like to see them meeting the Joker.

The IDW series continues to be really cool.

I'm enjoying IDWs crazy crossovers. It's like 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon but with comic books.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I'd been hearing good stuff about this series and have reached a point in my adulthood when I can sort of get back into the turtles, which was absolutely my jam for years. I picked it up and I've been really impressed so far.

TMNT is such a weird messed up insane franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
So, how about #50 guys? I totally thought it was going to go the other way, and i'm curious to see how all of this plays out.

TMNT is a really, really good ongoing. The only issue I have with it is its slightly too decompressed for my liking.

And coma robot donnie lasted about five issues. The series is good but you aren't going to kill off one of your main four. Just Shredder apparently

• Locked thread