Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

DarkCrawler posted:

Man, I loved this show. It made Terminators terrifying in a way that I don't think any of the movies managed to accomplish.

Absolutely. I love that despite all their precautions, all their preparations, the ground was never solid beneath the Conners' feet. All it takes is one person saying the wrong thing at the wrong time to expose them and bring a terminator to their doorstep.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Caufman posted:

If timetravelers are creating alternate futures, what happens to the people in the futures they left behind?

I'm sure its only a matter of time before someone shows up with a loop or infinite timelines theory they read in a Terminator comic, but I like to think of the future in TSCC as a single, infinitely mutable state of existence. Every change made in the relative past rewrites the future and the people who were left behind along with it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Milky Moor posted:

If Andy is close to perfecting Skynet, Sarah will kill him. For some reason, I always forget that Sarah has never killed anyone. I don't know why this is, given that she doesn't kill Miles Dyson.

Well, T2 Sarah is very hard and very aggressive. For instance, her very first line in the movie is in reference to the time she broke her doctor's kneecap. Its easy to assume based on how violent and unstable she is that she would have killed someone at some point.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

WarLocke posted:

SkyNet speaking to people is dumb just like giving the Borg a queen was dumb. The faceless, monolithic, alien threat is a better one IMO.

The Borg Queen wasn't dumb, but the explanation for why there was a Borg Queen was dumb. The Borg were just handed their asses twice by a virus/rogue borg infiltrating their ranks, so it makes perfect sense for them to create a semi-autonomous unit capable of overriding malicious code/influences in the collective. However, it makes sense only in response to the Federation's actions (and, more specifically, Picard's memories). Having her "always been there," though, was just stupid.

• Locked thread