Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Man, I loved this show. It made Terminators terrifying in a way that I don't think any of the movies managed to accomplish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I love how consistent the show was about the fact that there is only one strategy against a Terminator when you don't have another Terminator helping you. Run, motherfucker, and keep running.

Like In Season 2 opening when Cameron turns for a moment and John Connor just loving jumps out of a second-story window because that's what you do!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Milky Moor posted:

The John and Cameron relationship was pretty cute, I felt.

Mostly that, yeah. Sometimes disturbing (like when Cameron intentionally took off some clothes to mess with John's head in that one episode)

I watched this show and Firefly in a row. I think that's closest you can come to getting beat up and your assailant coming back to piss in your mouth a short while after. Why would you do this FOX :smith:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I think what I hated most about the new films (well the last one anyway) was that Skynet spoke to the protagonist. I always liked it being this distant evil who is playing a game so big that it doesn't personally bother interacting with humans. Made it much more scary.

• Locked thread