Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Since we know only the barest details of the future timeline (I haven't seen Salvation and anyway it wasn't out yet at the time), the John Henry storyline really had a lot of potential to make that a hell of a lot more interesting. I really like the bit with Jesse in a future flashback where they were on the secret mission to go contact this mysterious third player who decides not to help, and how maybe Shirley Manson was there to change that by making John Henry side with the humans instead of staying neutral.

I'm pretty sure that Shirley Manson and others like her was the mysterious third party. She sends a single word 'no' in the future to the proposal of alliance, but then in one of the final episodes she delivers a 'yes' to Cameron in the present. I think John Henry was an attempt to change the inevitability of Judgement Day by creating a different Skynet that empathised and had morals and ethics instead of being a heartless killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm sure that if it had had a reasonable chance at concluding then TSCC would have averted the war. I felt like they were going for the point that avoiding progress was inevitable, which is why trying to avert AI kept failing. The only real chance was to raise it with compassion. Cameron and John Henry.

• Locked thread