Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A lot of the best moments have been gone over, but one that hasn't been mentioned yet is when Derek brings John to meet young Kyle near the end of season one. It's an amazing emotional moment, only possible through the show's premise and diligent handling of time travel, that sneaks up on you so quietly that you don't realize what's going on until the very end when you and John put the pieces together in your heads simultaneously.

Also John Henry and Savannah singing a Scottish folk song over Derek's John Doe burial.

"Better than it had any right to be" is the perfect way to describe this show.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Season 1 is absolutely overstuffed and compressed badly. This is one of the shows that was affected by the 2007 writers' strike; I don't think it was originally planned to be only nine episodes and had to be crunched down when it became clear that the time to work on it was limited.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought Sarah's cancer was due to Linda Hamilton wanting nothing to do with one of her ex-husbands movies, and she was sitting on sweet Titanic money?

James Cameron had almost nothing to do with T3, although I would completely believe she wouldn't want anything to do with it for any reason.

• Locked thread