Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I... I didn't realize the Ragin' Cajuns were so good this year (or ever tbh).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Man you demolished us in football just this year

Wow I forgot about that it was so long ago

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So SDSU is in the Lafayette regional with the 6 overall see Louisiana-Lafayette, Jackson State, and Mississippi State. Cool.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Oregon State gets a super regional, thank goodness. I was a little worried after their poor series against USC this weekend. Going to try to get tickets to the first game against North Dakota State.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
Contrary to my prediction, we were sent down to Gainesville with UF, LBSU, and CofC

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Maryland, Old Dominion, and Campbell make up the Columbia regional. I'm tempted to say this is a fairly favorable draw, but the way this team has been playing, nothing will come easy. We also had the misfortune of getting paired with UVA. We should hopefully win our regional, but given our injuries and general inconsistency, I see the supers as our ceiling.

Mostly I'm just happy we got all-new opponents and didn't get stuck with Clemson again for the 800th year in a row.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Loving the Texas-TAMU game to kick off the tournament. My involvement with college baseball is usually limited to reading blogs that sometimes mention how Texas is doing and occasionally watching some of a random game on TV if I come across it while flipping around, but I'm considering ordering ESPNU just to watch that game.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
Thank christ, UCI barely snuck in despite being swept in their last 2 series. I mean, we're going to get dumped out by Oregon State (or possibly UNLV) in the regional, but backing into a tournament spot makes me feel a whole lot better about this season.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

SporkOfTruth posted:

Thank christ, UCI barely snuck in despite being swept in their last 2 series. I mean, we're going to get dumped out by Oregon State (or possibly UNLV) in the regional, but backing into a tournament spot makes me feel a whole lot better about this season.

Just watched the Anteaters destroy UNLV in Corvallis. Hoping to see the Beavers win against ND State in a bit.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Indiana is pretty well cruising against Youngstown State, 10-2 in the top of the eighth.

I'm glad that this team isn't having the trouble that some of the other national seeds are.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Lots of shocking results around the country today, including FSU's 7-0 loss to Georgia Southern and Clemson getting absolutely worked by Oregon to the tune of 18-1. National seed Louisiana-Lafayette also got tagged with a 1-0 loss to the No. 4 seed in their regional, Jackson State.

The Gamecocks took care of business against Campbell, 5-2, behind a vintage performance by Jordan Montgomery. Our win today was perhaps a little close for comfort at times, but I'm grateful to be in the winner's bracket given other events.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Wow, Florida State goes 0-2 in their own national seed regional.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Indiana is already up 1-0 after two batters. :getin:

PWI
Jun 1, 2006

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hello Towel posted:

Indiana is already up 1-0 after two batters. :getin:

And it's not on TV shameful

BTN is showing track and field

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

It's on ESPN3/WatchESPN if you can get it.

1-1 now, bottom of the second.

PWI
Jun 1, 2006

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hello Towel posted:

It's on ESPN3/WatchESPN if you can get it.

1-1 now, bottom of the second.

Working for another half hour and then its shift drink at the vid*

Watching in spirit etc (checking with my phone)

*I just assumed you live in Bloomington and know what that is my bad

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

PWI posted:

Working for another half hour and then its shift drink at the vid*

Watching in spirit etc (checking with my phone)

*I just assumed you live in Bloomington and know what that is my bad

I know what you're talking about. :)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Clemson and Arizona State two-and-out as well. Florida maybe on track to crash out also. Already the best ever showing for the 4-seeds this year.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
UNC eliminated UF from the Gainesville regional, 5-2. Still alive.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

loving Maryland of all teams just ended our 28-game home winning streak in the postseason. We had runners on the corners with 1 out and grounded into a game-ending double play to lose, 4-3. We've got enough pitching depth to bounce back and reach the regional final, but it will obviously be tough and is certainly not a given.

loving Maryland.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 1, 2014

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
RIP SDSU :(

They did not #WinForGwynn

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
UCI just scored two runs on a squeeze play:

(Source,from @bubbaprog)

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

TCU and SHSU started playing at 7:30 CST tonight. It is now past midnight in Texas, 16th inning, and the ballpark is now rocking out to Sunday Bloody Sunday.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

SporkOfTruth posted:

UCI just scored two runs on a squeeze play:

(Source,from @bubbaprog)

It warms my cold heart to see this occur against Oregon State

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

swizz posted:

It warms my cold heart to see this occur against Oregon State

Oregon State now getting beat 14-2.

Usually I'd be fine with a national seed getting this since it could help UVA but I can't support Oregon State going out till UNC is eliminated.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

TCU and Sam Houston are in the 19th.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Glad to see SDSU and Florida gone. Hopefully the Huskies can make it out of their regional after they got shafted in the seeding.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
It's almost 2:00 AM and I am watching a college baseball game that doesn't involve TTU for the first time in my life. 21 innings and it doesn't look like it wants to end.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

elentar posted:

Oregon State now getting beat 14-2.

Usually I'd be fine with a national seed getting this since it could help UVA but I can't support Oregon State going out till UNC is eliminated.

I can and will support Our Anteaters walloping the everliving hell out of Oregon State.

I'm still terrified about (probably) facing them again.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So is Virginia pretty much the only national seed that hasn't struggled or looked like total poo poo so far?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

It's almost 2:00 AM and I am watching a college baseball game that doesn't involve TTU for the first time in my life. 21 innings and it doesn't look like it wants to end.

Bottom of the 21st. Bases loaded, one out.

Grounded into a double play.

Let's play 22.

I can't see the game anywhere on TV, but for some stupid reason am keeping up via ESPN box score.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
SHSU coach ejected. Assistant coach instantly starts making lineup changes.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

TCU goes up 3-2 in the top of the 22nd.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Bottom of the 21st. Bases loaded, one out.

Grounded into a double play.

Let's play 22.

I can't see the game anywhere on TV, but for some stupid reason am keeping up via ESPN box score.

The double play was actually called via interference. The idiot running to second for SHSU slid and put his front leg up towards the knee of TCU's second baseman, which led to a collision, which led to the 2B spiking the ball into the dirt instead of throwing it to first. Now, said second baseman had NO CHANCE of making the throw in time, but because of that incredibly stupid and violent slide, it's a double play.

e: Annnnd that's it. TCU wins 3-2 in 22 innings.

SporkOfTruth fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 1, 2014

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

RumbleFish posted:

So is Virginia pretty much the only national seed that hasn't struggled or looked like total poo poo so far?

My 100% biased opinion says LSU has at least looked fine.

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...

KicksYouInHalf posted:

My 100% biased opinion says LSU has at least looked fine.

I'd say the same for IU. Yesterday's game was close but with 2 good pitchers on the mound that's what you would expect.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Scrode posted:

I'd say the same for IU. Yesterday's game was close but with 2 good pitchers on the mound that's what you would expect.

Yeah, the game vs. Stanford was a little closer than the first game, but IU hasn't had too many problems yet.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

he was like damn.
So Rice just got bounced from their own regional by Texas A&M in extra innings.

At this point, that means the following teams are out:
#1 seeds: Florida, FSU, Rice
#2 seeds: UNLV, Nebraska, Indiana State, Dallas Baptist, ASU
#3 seeds: Bryant, Kansas, Clemson, Liberty, Old Dominion, SDSU, Columbia
#4 seeds: NDSU, SUNY-Binghamton, George Mason, Southeastern Louisiana, Georgia Southern, Kent State, Xavier, Youngstown State, Bucknell, Campbell, Jacksonville State, Jackson State, Siena, Sacramento State, Bethune-Cookman

Also, LBSU-UNC is in their 3rd or 4th delay of the day.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So, TTU experiences the traditional Miami benches clearing brawl. TTU's best player, Miami's 1st base coach, and a random TTU coach named JBob get tossed.

The thing that set this all off? After receiving an elbow to the chest during a routine ground-out, TTU first baseman Eric Gutierrez dropped the ball in the Miami player's lap. Miami's first base coach got into his face and the benches emptied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

A 3-run homer in the top of the 8th puts Indiana down 7-6 to Stanford.

This is the first time IU has been behind in the entire tournament. Our pitchers are really having some trouble tonight.

At least if we lose this we still have a game tomorrow.

• Locked thread