Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
So I have an issue. I'm playing as England and I've nabbed France and Castille through personal unions. I've currently vassalized multiple HRE members and was thinking of starting to annex them. Will the emperor demand return of HRE provinces even if I annex the nations entirely? I don't want to get into a war with them yet because I'm too busy rampaging through Asia, and I'm thinking of starting a campaign in North Africa and the middle east, and bringing down the Ottomans will be hard, since them and their allies have an ungodly amount of manpower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Last Emperor posted:

Yeah I almost never take a Mil idea first.

Normally I would take one of the Diplo ones since I seem to always have some spare but I think, if I had to compare all three, I'd say that the Admin ideas are some of the better ones all in all. Unfortunately for me I'm always low on Admin points so...

I really like diplomacy as a European nation, though it doesn't help with money if that's a problem for you.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

So the only way to get a personal union is to get a royal marriage, have your dynasty becoming the ruling one in the target country, then for them to have a ruler with a weak claim, and finally to claim the throne, right?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Is there any way to improve the chance of a dynasty switch? I maybe get one per game at the most. I'm playing as Prussia right now and am halfway through the 18th century without a single one.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Give the Timurids -95% cost to diplomatic ideas and +50% cost to everything else

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Rincewind posted:

I kind of like Humanism being super strong since it's a rare incentive to not be the most horrific rear end in a top hat possible in these games.

You still end up being a horrific rear end in a top hat, you just claim to have good intentions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I've been having a really annoying issue in my Venice game. I've been trying to hold onto my East India Company, but colonial nations forming and taking my East India trade node province causes the Unprofitable Trade modifier to show up and remove it. It's getting very annoying and seems like a pretty stupid feature.

Edit: It's a mod game, so maybe it's because of that. Either way, it's a frustrating bug.

Adventure Pigeon fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 30, 2014

• Locked thread