Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Wear it, free poo poo this is a no-brainer.

Also I have this game on Steam, I should give it a try again sometime. I got a couple weeks past this without ever successfully making a check and ragequit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Don't wear it it might be poisoned!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Don't wear it, we're too busy becoming a spy animal tamer queen to dabble in bling.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 9, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Wear it. And stay with willful for :reasons:

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Don't Wear It, we must prove to all we are a knowledgeable queen. Stay Willful!

Rabidredneck fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 9, 2014

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Don't wear it.
I sense trickery and deceit around every corner.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wear it! It's probably some horrible cursed item like a Necklace of Strangulation! No saving throw allowed.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Don't wear it - while our Foreign Intelligence has told us the sender might be a good match, we're too young for that and we don't need no man. Plus our mother has only just died - he is clearly trying to curry favour.

As for being more yielding - no, stay wilful for now, and learn more Intrigue with the bonus.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Don't wear it, and stay willful.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Don't wear it, and go for yielding

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Don't wear it and become yielding. Be a pawn of how other people perceive you, Elodie :smith:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.
As our last act of wilfulness, Don't Wear It, but after that, become Yielding to the whims of others!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Don't Wear It and Stay Wilful. The only way to survive in court is to remain strong and independent, for once freedom is lost then it's only a matter of if, not when you die.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Meander posted:

Don't wear it - while our Foreign Intelligence has told us the sender might be a good match, we're too young for that and we don't need no man. Plus our mother has only just died - he is clearly trying to curry favour.

As for being more yielding - no, stay wilful for now, and learn more Intrigue with the bonus.

One thing that didn't really come across in Syrg's thread until the end is that all the theoretical suitors in this game don't expect to just move in with a 13 year old; the epilogue in those cases mentions that marriage age is still a while off for her, if I recall.

That said, don't wear it and keep your options open, and stay willful for some of that cool intrigue.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Don't wear it and stay willful!

Also, this tindeck link doesn't seem to be playing any sound:

Is it like that for everyone or is it just me?

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

Don't wear it and stay willful!

Also, this tindeck link doesn't seem to be playing any sound:

Is it like that for everyone or is it just me?

Me neither. Tindeck was chewing up one of the uploads for my LP, so it might be on their end.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
At the risk of getting cursed by an unknown force or poisoned, I say wear the necklace as a sign of respect to our allies in Sedna and stay willful. Our nation kingdom needs a strong leader in times of crisis.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Don't wear it! Only the royal puppy deserves such a wondrous gift as this.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Me neither. Tindeck was chewing up one of the uploads for my LP, so it might be on their end.

Yeah, it appears to be on Tindeck's end. The file works fine locally, and I've tried uploading the track again and it still doesn't work. I'll try another site for the new music until Tindeck starts working properly. Anyone have any recommendations?

Edit: I'm going with Kiwi for the temporary hosting site.

Heatwizard posted:

One thing that didn't really come across in Syrg's thread until the end is that all the theoretical suitors in this game don't expect to just move in with a 13 year old; the epilogue in those cases mentions that marriage age is still a while off for her, if I recall.

Normally I would ask you to refrain from (sort of) spoilers, but in this case it is fine because you're wrong. Whether a suitor moves in or not depends on who it is. And Elodie is 14, not 13. The age of adulthood is 15 in Nova, so those prospects aren't very far off.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 9, 2014

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Don't wear it, let's avoid wrong impressions.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Don't wear it. Bling out your puppy.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Don't wear it and stay willful.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I remember seeing this game on Steam and not being interested because it looked too anime, but because of this thread I decided to give it a try and discovered that I am absolutely terrible at being an anime princess but apparently really good at finding ways to fail skill checks and get killed and/or deposed.

Anyway, don't wear it!

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Don't Wear it and be more yielding

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Our reign is tenuous, so we shouldn't make too many mistakes. Don't wear the necklace, and sustain our iron will to better keep the throne in our grasp.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Don't wear it, even if we decide to form an alliance with Sedna(which is part of a different kingdom, the sort of situation that historically snarls succession lines), we shouldn't just accept his first gift. He hasn't even offered us anything but a nice piece of jewelry, and we're a future queen. We can buy our own jewelry.

Stay willful, at least for now. I'm still hoping we can brush up on our Military skills.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Don't wear it! It would be a grave mistake to show favour to one suitor before we have checked out his competition. Lets milk them all for gifts and favours before deciding on the one we can most easily manipulate into doing what we want.

Also, better yield a bit. Elodie needs to learn not to show defiance in public. There are more subtle ways of getting what we want.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I found an interesting post by Hanako on the Steam discussion page for the update. Replacing the Steam emoticons for goon ones:

Shinki posted:

Not trying to sound crazy here, but it sure as hell is convenient that 2 upgrades for the game were released short after a new steam feature was implemented that favors recently upgraded games on the frontpage :smug:
Even if that was the intention, there's nothing wrong with doing that :)

Hanako posted:

Actually we were figuring this update is probably a little too small to make use of the frontpage thing! We haven't submitted it to that atm, saving that for when we have new content to push.

There is a reason this is being done now, but it's because of something else... ~it is a mystery~

New content in the future maybe? :neckbeard:

Pertaining to the Let's Play: Tindeck is working again so the music link is fixed.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 9, 2014

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This is definitely the kind of game that lends itself to adding more and more content over time. If I recall, the version released on Steam was itself quite expanded from its original release, no?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is now Closed.

Necklace Vote

Don't Wear it: 21

Wear it: 6

Weekend Vote

Willful: 11

Yielding: 6

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Elodie has decided that she won't wear the necklace.

We should probably tell Julianna that Dad is keeping the crystal from us.

My father says I can't have the crystal until I'm Queen, so we'll just have to wait.

There may not be time to wait. This world is filled with dangers, and you will need the powers of a Lumen to fight them. You can't begin training until you have bonded with your crystal.

Well, what else am I supposed to do about it?

The crystal is probably held under guard in the Royal Treasury. You are the princess; you should be able to find a way inside.

Otherwise we might have to take drastic action.

This choice doesn't actually preclude Elodie from doing anything. It does affect her mood though. Let's reassure Julianna that we will find a way, so we can get the willful bonus.

This is Elodie's current mood. Without that willful bonus, her strongest emotion would have been depressed.

Our bonuses and penalties haven't changed, but you may notice that there is a new box on the top right. This is part of the update Hanako released. The game has one for every emotion Elodie can feel. The boxes we have seen will be on second post. Willful, afraid, and depressed should already be there.

The update also added text for failed study attempts, added a skip button that was shown in the last update, and fixed a few typos. The skip button can be turned on and off in the options menu, which I should have realized last update.

Hey, it's that time again! What classes should Elodie take? Voting closes tomorrow at 4 PM EST.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Ciphering AM, Internal Affairs PM. Let's get this spy queen train rolling.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Swords and Running.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

This is definitely the kind of game that lends itself to adding more and more content over time. If I recall, the version released on Steam was itself quite expanded from its original release, no?

Yes, the Steam version of the game added quite a lot to the original release. About a third of the Steam achievements involve doing things you couldn't do in the original version.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 9, 2014

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Internal Affairs and Public Speaking

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Swords x2

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Falcons and Logistics!

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Internal Affairs and Public Speaking

I like these

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Intrigue in the morning, and Animals in the evening. Whose a good lil' spy? you are, you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Haifisch posted:

Ciphering AM, Internal Affairs PM. Let's get this spy queen train rolling.

What this guy said. Spy princess best princess.

• Locked thread