Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
It's hard to see how the really could have capitalized on Geass more after R2 finished. It was absolutely Lelouch's story and once that story was told, there was nowhere else to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Elite posted:

Basically for all it's silliness I thought Code Geass did a good job at making the battles and conflicts feel sensible, at least in R1. I mean one of the first things Lelouch does is assassinate the enemy leader, and the empire immediately responds by sending in people that are more competent and more dangerous. Not saying there aren't notable exceptions but they're in the minority.

Sort of related, one of the things that really struck me about R2 is how much less interesting the aerial mech battles are compared to the mostly ground based season one fights. When the knightmares are driving around, interacting with the terrain and getting into fistfights there's a real sense of weight and scale to them. Once they start flying you lose all that and it devolves into two points in space buzzing around and shooting beams at each other.