Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The real question is who is the wagon man?

E: Charlie's plan was essentially to merge everyone's personality into one. Think evangelion but shoddily explained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

Not sure what you mean by train wreck

Season 2 had a lot of poo poo that came out of nowhere and/or was fairly poorly explained, including charlie's plot, most things geass related, and characters dying then coming back.

Basically the TTGL style of regularly upping the ante without actually doing it well.

E: Seems like sunrise make a lot of shows with lovely second seasons, iirc this aired at the same time as gundam 00 which also turned into a trainwreck

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lelouch is dead, L.L is not.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Code Geass: You see, the realistic thing that this cartoon character would have done is...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

But his name begins with an L.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

R2 gets dumb :iia:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'd argue that it works better as an accident seeing as Zero Requiem makes less sense if it was deliberate. Instead it's a horrible accident that Lelouch horrifically exploits for his own personal gain.
Despite Lelouch's actions up to then, it's really that that serves as the point of no return for him. A lot of the series and Lelouch's actions from then on are framed in the context of what happened there and the fact that it was accidental.

Euphie dying also affects suzaku but who the hell cares about suzaku?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

It is a real shame that Lelouch is dead.

Or....is he?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:lol:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1b3BuDW1qh4

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nuebot posted:

So did Lelouche die or not?

Lelouch is the cart driver

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Covok posted:

You know how Death Note really dragged after L died? That's Code Geass R2

I'm not sure this needs spoiler tags in tyool 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

Could have sworn the director had said he was definitely, positively dead in response to speculation about that cart scene. Maybe aside from wanting to go back to its lucrative days Sunrise needed to get the original director out of the way first? Assuming it isn't still the same director and he's just quietly swept that comment from 8 years ago under the rug. :v:

Just because the director said it doesn't make it true.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Covok posted:

You know how Death Note really dragged after L died? That's Code Geass R2

I replied to this at the time but I found out recently that death note was deliberately dragged out by the author's so that it could end on chapter 108, a religiously significant number in Japan.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Anime of the year

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think the problem is that season 1 was a lot tighter, plotwise.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's code trainwreck in r2 because a lot of plot elements come out of nowhere and also a lot of the magic stuff was resolved in quite a rushed way.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I didn't mind the plot rehash for the first couple of episodes, but they spent too much time in school.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

HenryEx posted:

I actually don't even remember much more than those two from the show. Euphie and Nunnaly for obvious reasons, CC was the green girl i think? All these other names, Lloyd, Nina, Cecil... i got nothing. I don't even remember who Kallen is supposed to be. :shrug: .

:yikes:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kallen is a main character. Episodes have revolved around her

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Suzaku was never about overthrowing the empire, he was about reforming it. Preferably while killing himself in the process.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Argas posted:

How nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts?

A technically non-canon amount

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't believe you

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Looks like more of the same, which is good.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ah, the otp

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Aces High posted:

I just finished season 2 last night and I'm thinking Lelouch just went bonkers after killing his parents, especially when the final minutes of the last episode is a parade where Nunally is chained at his feet, and subsequently has her relive trauma of watching a family member be assassinated in front of her.

I guess I don't really have an answer to your question, I guess what happens with Euphemia does bother me but because of where it happens in the story I look at it as thinking this is where Lelouch learns a lesson about the danger of trying to control everyone so I begrudgingly accept it for the narrative. Then the second season comes along and that just goes out the window

He didn't really go mad as such, the ending stuff is him trying to commit suicide in a way that benefits pretty much everyone in the world. He conquers the world and makes himself an obvious tyrant ruler so that when he dies people will rally around the new zero (who now becomes more of a symbol because his identity is secret again). Suzaku as Zero also gets to realise his ideal of reforming britannia from the inside. How lelouch treats nunnally is part of this, he wants to see her again but also probably doesn't want her to be too sad when he dies, so he publicly humiliates her. This doesn't work.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It also means suzaku has to live on, which is the opposite of what he wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My impression is that the live geass would have some level of supernatural augmentation to suzaku's ability to perceive and react to external threats. It also seems to compel him to eliminate the threat, as seen when hes forced to fire the nuke.

Basically its a supernatural reflex action.