Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There has literally never not been Code Geass material in production over the last 10 years so even calling it a return isn't exactly accurate.

cergos posted:

Well, hopefully the continuation doesn't become the new Star Wars sequel trilogy.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nightmare of Nunnally and Nunnally in Wonderland

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

All set for my sub showing tomorrow!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Enjoyed it!

Boy Kallen lost super definitively though boooo

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

chumbler posted:

This is a more or less recap movie for the last act of the show, right? Why would they rewrite that? I assume with super definitively you don't mean killed off, since that changes the ending a lot, too.
Uh no Resurrection is a sequel

Glorification was the last recap movie

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah Taniguchi confirmed for heretical Lulu/CC shipper

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I love the op. It feels like something out of like, a Ghibli film.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Relin posted:

what was going on with the codes and geass itf. am i misremembering the symbols dont show up on your body unless you get a code? but lelouchs and shamna had geass and the symbols? and i thought codes transferred at time of death and you lost powers, so lelouch would have known? i know they said he was fractured and mixed upo, was shamna as well?. also shirley being alive was super lame, but from the wiki that seems to be a movie continuity thing? so dumb

Her being alive from the movies is just a result of having to cut the like 6 subplots that killed her to fit the movies in the first place, it makes perfect sense if you watch them. Mao, for example, doesn't exist.

And yeah no the Code/Geass combo stuff is totally new.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I remember watching this show way back in high school, good times. Awkward, but fun. I stumbled into a sequel? Or spinoff? Or something? "Akito the Exiled", any good?
Akito is a miniseries set in Europe between the seasons. It's bad but the fights are awesome.

There is however a sequel movie that was literally in theaters this week.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"I don't want to talk about time travel because if we start talking about it then we're going to be here all day talking about it, making diagrams with straws."

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah but Kallen lost the lulubowl so it was bad

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Did Gino even appear I legitimately can't remember. He must have at least been a cameo almost everyone else was.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It owned. that scene where Ougi apologizes for the last act of the series and then tries to give himself a sweet neck hole is amazing

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh right, accusation duty lol, get hosed fuckboi

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 16, 2019

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Took the opportunity to watch Glorification, I forgot about that bit where Marianne was going to doodle on Suzaku

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I don't know so much about Geass escaping Lelouch, but I'd have watched the Penguin Empire version of that movie.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean he seems to just be Vermin Supreme/the Loony Party, winning's not the idea.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

they already did that in the SRW gacha

he's got his own model of the Wing Zero

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Aces High posted:

So going through and watching the series again, what are some big continuity changes that were made for the start of the new movie? I'm just at the point where Lelouch is betrayed (still cant believe anyone in the Black Knights would believe Schneizel)

In the compilation trilogy, which the sequel film follows, this is changed so that they instead try to question Lelouch directly instead of assuming he's guilty, but questioning is interrupted by first Schneizel, then Rolo.

Aside from that, the other big change is that since Mao is cut from the movies, so too is all of Shirley's stuff. Her dad doesn't die, she doesn't die, and instead of her shooting Viletta at the docks, V meets up with Diethard intending to have him broadcasts Lelouch's identity, but he shoots her and destroys her evidence instead (confirming the show's implication that he knew at least that Zero=Lelouch Lamperouge, if not Lamperouge=Vi Britannia). At one point in the third film Jeremiah appears in front of Shirley and almost literally tell her she just needs to drive out of movie town so she doesn't get hurt and upset his charges.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean if that's the case how'd you get past Euphemia

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am a Kallen partisan to the end but even I respect Creayus

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The reaffirmed canonicity of Renya is sending me

e: on the other hand, ew, the goddess from Akito, gross

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Dec 6, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Akito Goddess annoys me just because I've always found the idea of the collective unconscious having a conscious entity on top of it to be dumb and setting breaking even by the standards of this loosely defined world, and that's not getting into the evil devil skull.

G.G. is our new immortal, and the memory archive is presumably the part of the World of C that Charles gives Lelouch a tour of, though again I dislike the addition of a personification being added there. If we're pulling from Renya and Akito, then I imagine we'll get more about that evil skull thing and POSSIBLY the elusive Master U.U.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That's a joke I don't understand

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh.

I am a musical expert.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The part where the Guren gets upgraded in mid-air is great.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hey the S.E.I.T.E.N. rules. It's the Albion that's the lame upgrade since it's still totally just the Lancelot with the energy wings stapled on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

One think I'm not especially fond of is the Shinkiro. Lelouch's hilarious keyboard piloting owns of course, but other than that it's just not as cool as the Gawain was, especially since it's not as huge and doesn't have the finger harkens to do sweet rakes with.

The Sutherland-Sieg is a similar step down from the Siegfriend proper but like, yeah I get not letting the heroes have the full-on Giga Fortress, and it DOES get us Jeremiah's awesome scene where the Sutherland loving divebombs the Mordred after the Sieg armor on it blows up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Suzaku as Zero is also Lelouch's way of one last jab at Suzaku. Just as Suzaku agrees to accept the ZR as Lelouch's payment for the SAZ Massacre, Lelouch takes making Suzaku be Zero, the identity Suzaku hates, as payment for Suzaku's serial betrayal.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's never not going to be weird to me how Geass is essentially about anime Lord Byron.

Also when it gets away from him things tend to go south pretty fast, the only real exceptions out of all the spinoffs being Nunally and Renya, which are both by the same creator and essentially toku instead of real robot (although Nunally still has the robots). Oz DOES have the rather interesting character of Marybell, who's essentially Euphie but as a World Unification Under Britannia true believer (and ends up becoming a Lelouch loyalist because of this), but she's not actually the central character there and Oz is pretty dull otherwise. Akito is Akito, all flash but nothing to chew on. Suzaku just sucks.

To be fair, the rest of the spinoffs are pretty much just disposable like the Lelouch manga (just the show but no robots) or gag manga of varying quality, so maybe that's unfair. Still, I'm concerned about Z for that reason.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't even mean the drama part, he's a runaway foreign noble who's in love with his half sister and helping the native people stage an independence revolt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Sorry, I only took at as a refrence to Romantic drama's cause the only thing I know about Byron is that the Greeks love the dude

They love him because he came and fought for/drummed up support for the war of independence!