Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

What the hell even was Charles master-plan, I remember something about using geass to destroy the human collective unconscious for *reasons* and then it devolved into metaphysical psychobabble.

That and the weird way some of the characters reacted to FLEIJA (it killed 35 million people, but only Suzaku and Nina really seemed to care; I have similar issues with Star Trek 2009 and even A New Hope) were the weakest parts of R2. I actually liked R2 other than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Conot posted:

[spoiler]
I felt like Lelouch's whole reason for fighting could have been better explained too. He literally goes "I just want Nunnally to be able to grow up happy" and never really touches on how their lives in the high school under the wing of the Ashford's seems perfectly good. Hell, its not even like they are outlaws or criminals, they were just presumed dead, and I think just about every royal who isn't Charles is happy to see that Lelouch/Nunnaly is alive until Lelouch massively fucks them over for one reason or another

I think this is kind of intentional. Lelouch has a lot of less noble motivations for what he does, not just the ones he's sometimes conscious of (like revenge) but also an unconscious drive to dominate/control other people.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Nightmare of Nunnally isn't worth reading even ironically. It's Code Geass with the things that make it interesting taken out and the bad parts of R2 increased.