Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
KinkyJohn
Sep 18, 2002

So we recently had micro brewery beer and micro brew whisky, a craze which I suspect will be over when people realize it's just lovely beer.

Also cheap box wine suddenly became popular the past few years.

What's the next big thing that will get people drunk? Have you noticed the cool kids drinking something in your home town, and went "I guess that's going to be a thing now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

I am so excited to be on the internet, be nice to me :-) <3

Weed beer.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Juice box booze. Like a bit stronger than wine coolers but weaker than straight vodka.

Obscuritatem
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube

buckfast from a shoe

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

a fanfiction involving Brad, Lina, Rylai, and Aiushtha

kirkland wine

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
GTVA Celois

Bagged Alcohol. They're popular in Africa and stuff but will catch on in the states soon enough.

Boxed wine became popular a couple years ago because Gen Cry can't tell the difference between good wine and bad wine (and college kids just want to get hosed up for cheap). It does help that quality of boxed wine has gone up a bit.

Microbrews may be a little bit of a craze, but a lot of the backlash that generated them came from people rejecting the piss-water that is coors light/keystone/miller/etc and trying to show sophistication in taste. More than likely we'll just see better tasting and mass produced beer (kinda like Chiptole of beer) that will drive away a bit of the microbrew crazy. But microbrews will always be around as they can have some pretty strange tones and flavor to them (and are usually good).

edit: Kirkland alcohol does own and is already a trend

VVV naw that's really loving dumb, sorry. kids these days are too pussy to do that. plus alcohol is so cheap that it's not worth trying to get increased potentcy at risk of dying or losing your arm

Xaris fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2014 around 10:13

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Red Star Baldgreg

It's going to be alcohol injections.

50hz
Feb 18, 2011

Low Pass

Those weird aerosolisers that are like a mouth spray but hold ten 'hits' of alcohol and make you look like a mong because you just paid thirty quid for a shots worth.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

buttchugging

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Red Star Baldgreg

Cocksmith posted:

buttchugging

That's not new. Sorry.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

Cocksmith posted:

buttchugging

came to post this

Christian LARPer
Sep 9, 2005
I LIKE TO CALL WOMEN CUNTS WHEN I DISAGREE WITH THEM BECAUSE I'M SUPER FUCKING EDGY. I SHOULD PROBABLY SHUT THE FUCK UP BUT WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT, CUNT?

fruity, sugary malt beverages are taking over the beer case at my local gas stations. there are about 6 flavors of Mike's Harder alone. I guess people would rather drink that sweet poo poo than cheap beer.

back in the old days if you couldn't afford something decent and wanted a good buzz, you bought Steel Reserve, and swilled it down as fast as possible to avoid the horrible taste. if it got warm, you stood the risk of gagging/puking.

now you can get the same alcohol content drinking a lemonade or cherry/lime flavored thing, for the same price. and you can also get diabetes while you're at it. what a country.

13 INCH DICK
Aug 23, 2006

Nobody knows what's hiding inside me

I dont give a gently caress what the latest trend is I just want it inside me

KinkyJohn
Sep 18, 2002

deadlypie posted:

Weed beer.

that's actually not a bad idea, the only challenge would be not to have it taste like poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
GTVA Celois

Christian LARPer posted:

fruity, sugary malt beverages are taking over the beer case at my local gas stations. there are about 6 flavors of Mike's Harder alone. I guess people would rather drink that sweet poo poo than cheap beer.

back in the old days if you couldn't afford something decent and wanted a good buzz, you bought Steel Reserve, and swilled it down as fast as possible to avoid the horrible taste. if it got warm, you stood the risk of gagging/puking.

now you can get the same alcohol content drinking a lemonade or cherry/lime flavored thing, for the same price. and you can also get diabetes while you're at it. what a country.

Mikes was really popular when I was in college for pretty much the reason you pointed out. People want to get hosed up, but they've also realized that keystone/miller/etc doesnt get you hosed up and tastes like piss. So they're moving to other drinkable cheap alternatives like Mikes.

I really like hard cider though, and it seems that cider is making a come back in the US. One thing that owns about moving to NZ is that they love cider here and have all kinds of different flavors. Back in the states, I was lucky if I was able to anything other than Apple or Pear cider. I even grew up in Sonoma County and most cider is from there (Ace, Applesauced, etc). Here I can get motherfucking blackcurrent blueberry cidar, passion fruit + feijoa, or boysenberry cider. it owns

13 INCH DICK posted:

I dont give a gently caress what the latest trend is I just want it inside me

i got a 10 inch trend for you

Xaris fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2014 around 10:31

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 24, 2007

10 years ago, some lady in taiwan sat in a bathtub full of 80 proof alcohol for 12 hours. she died, but not before achieving one of the highest BACs ever recorded - 1.35

i'd like to see this become a thing

Mulefisk
Sep 24, 2007

I am angry.
ANGRY ABOUT CITIES

Maybe microbreweries that do hard liquor. Spcial kinds of vodka, whiskey, rum etc only more "hip."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007
OXYGEN
THIEF

if those lovely flavored hard liquors for people with the palette of a 15 year old become super popular I'm going to poo poo myself in rage

Christian LARPer
Sep 9, 2005
I LIKE TO CALL WOMEN CUNTS WHEN I DISAGREE WITH THEM BECAUSE I'M SUPER FUCKING EDGY. I SHOULD PROBABLY SHUT THE FUCK UP BUT WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT, CUNT?

Xaris posted:

I really like hard cider though, and it seems that cider is making a come back in the US. One thing that owns about moving to NZ is that they love cider here and have all kinds of different flavors. Back in the states, I was lucky if I was able to anything other than Apple or Pear cider. I even grew up in Sonoma County and most cider is from there (Ace, Applesauced, etc). Here I can get motherfucking blackcurrent blueberry cidar, passion fruit + feijoa, or boysenberry cider. it owns

a friend of mine has a whole fridge full of beers and ciders, and I do enjoy a good cider. it's not overly sweet, and has a good enough ABV%

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
GTVA Celois

Moridin920 posted:

if those lovely flavored hard liquors for people with the palette of a 15 year old become super popular I'm going to poo poo myself in rage

Too late. I remember seeing like 20 different Smirnoff and Absolute flavors at Safeway. Everything from Cookies N Cream vodka to Semen vodka. poo poo was disgusting and managed to taste worse than plain vodka.

Edit VVVV gotcha. I dont really watch TV but I do remember them getting fairly popular. Mostly like Lemon or Lime, or Lemon Lime Orange Vodka but yea it's def becoming/is a trend.

Xaris fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2014 around 10:38

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007
OXYGEN
THIEF

yeah I know they exist I just mean I've been seeing commercials for them and whatever; if they become the new trend it'll be dumb.

I used to drink those in middle school.

Christian LARPer
Sep 9, 2005

Xaris posted:

Too late. I remember seeing like 20 different Smirnoff and Absolute flavors at Safeway. Everything from Cookies N Cream vodka to Semen vodka. poo poo was disgusting and managed to taste worse than plain vodka.

ugh, I've had that flavored poo poo and it's loving awful.

it's pretty easy to make your own lemon or vanilla vodka. but you have to avoid drinking it until the flavors are infused.

a good vanilla vodka with coke is pretty boss though

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Red Star Baldgreg

Christian LARPer posted:

Steel reserve doesn't taste bad. Sorry you have terrible taste buds.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

Mulefisk posted:

Maybe microbreweries that do hard liquor. Spcial kinds of vodka, whiskey, rum etc only more "hip."

This is extremely hard to do because there are a lot more laws regarding spirit distillation than beer. I do think you're on to something though. I predict that legit moonshining will come into vogue. People will show their individuality by making liquor, people will die because it's mostly wood alcohol.

Christian LARPer
Sep 9, 2005

No Longer Flaky posted:

Steel reserve doesn't taste bad. Sorry you have terrible taste buds.

congrats on not knowing what decent beer tastes like

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

"My grandfather told me something very special before he died. He said, sonny, if you shoot it, or toot it, the cops will never know." - Townes Van Zandt.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
GTVA Celois

Christian LARPer posted:

ugh, I've had that flavored poo poo and it's loving awful.

it's pretty easy to make your own lemon or vanilla vodka. but you have to avoid drinking it until the flavors are infused.

a good vanilla vodka with coke is pretty boss though

I think "Skittles Vodka" was a commonly attempted college project that failed pretty miserable. but I'd rather just squeeze some fresh lemon/lime/orange juice or something into vodka than try to infuse poo poo with some half-assed flavor.

never tried vanilla vodka but I imagine that is probably one combo that ends up working pretty well.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

The fairer sex will start consuming alcohol

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

In Australia we call boxed wine goon. Proper etiquette requires one to remove the 'goon bag' from the box and usually is drunk straight from the nozzle. A fellow party goer may be called upon to 'take a knee' and scull some goon from the goon bag while a friend holds it above them. It is sometimes also placed in front of the standing friends groin to simulate fellatio for humorous affect.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
GTVA Celois

The Slippery Nipple posted:

In Australia we call boxed wine goon. Proper etiquette requires one to remove the 'goon bag' from the box and usually is drunk straight from the nozzle. A fellow party goer may be called upon to 'take a knee' and scull some goon from the goon bag while a friend holds it above them. It is sometimes also placed in front of the standing friends groin to simulate fellatio for humorous affect.

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???

KirbyKhan posted:

Juice box booze. Like a bit stronger than wine coolers but weaker than straight vodka.

Japan already has you beat, friend.

Costs about a dollar for a small juice box of cheap sake.

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

Goon of fortune: The game of kings.

Yivgev
May 18, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

The Slippery Nipple posted:

I would've called it Chuzzwazzer.

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

Can't have an alcohol thread without some sweaty nerds arguing about their taste in beer on Page 1

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Red Star Baldgreg

Christian LARPer posted:

congrats on not knowing what decent beer tastes like

I drink regular beer too.

I particularly enjoy "Hen's Tooth" maybe that's a terrible beer but when I want to spend three fifty a pint that's what I get. Otherwise I don't get super expensive poo poo and buy steel reserve and get hosed up for three dollars.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007
OXYGEN
THIEF

72nd bday virgin posted:

Can't have an alcohol thread without some sweaty nerds arguing about their taste in beer on Page 1

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Red Star Baldgreg

72nd bday virgin posted:

Nerds arguing about poo poo is what makes this website special. Without it it'd just be reddit.

Christian LARPer
Sep 9, 2005

Xaris posted:

I think "Skittles Vodka" was a commonly attempted college project that failed pretty miserable. but I'd rather just squeeze some fresh lemon/lime/orange juice or something into vodka than try to infuse poo poo with some half-assed flavor.

never tried vanilla vodka but I imagine that is probably one combo that ends up working pretty well.

you're actually right, it's a million times easier just to squeeze some fresh juice in your drink. the flavor is a little different but lemon infused vodka isn't really worth it.

you can't really get the same flavor with vanilla from putting a few drops of vanilla extract in it though. gotta split some real beans and let it sit in the bottle.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006
GTVA Celois

72nd bday virgin posted:

to be fair, at least the sweaty nerds here are pro-alcohol (lotta nerds are anti drinking) and they at least claim to have a taste. that's already more interesting than utter alcohol apathy like most college-aged kids or rednecks whose only criteria is: does it have ethanol in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathulhu
Oct 12, 2011

The cuddlier and more pronounceable
eldritch horror.

Maybe people are finally gonna realize that stouts are the optimum of all beer.

«4 »