Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Blitz7x
Sep 19, 2007

His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a fondness for trailer trash

Oakland Raiders

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

Away: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks

Div x2: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

I'm not going to lie, this schedule looks gross. And it really doesn't get any easier considering every other AFC West contender made playoffs. I don't see any wins, only matchups that are a little better than others. What an awful schedule to have for a rebuilding team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 16, 2010

I may be a terrible shit poster, but my team still won the Superbowl!

Fuck you go Hawks!

Playing the NFC East is a blessing, but I'm not expecting a season anywhere near as dominant as this one was. The AFC West actually looks decent and obviously the other NFC West teams are loving monsters.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005
I found this picture on the forums and I think it's cool.

Having Denver at home for the Seahawks is a huge blessing. Aside from the divisional rivals I think we've got a pretty soft schedule next year, unless somehow the NFC East comes out swinging. Goddamn the NFC West is scary though, I really don't wanna play the Cardinals next year.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

I'm excited about the Eagles for 2014. They pick up the NFC West, which is scary, but in turn lose the AFC West. They also pick up the AFC South, but lose the NFC North. I am already anxious to see how the Eagles' offense does against defenses like San Francisco and Seattle. It's tough sledding, but they did catch some breaks. For instance, they host the Seahawks while the Giants and Cowboys need to go to them.

The part that gives me the most pause: where the 2013 Eagles got the Buccaneers and Cardinals, the 2014 Eagles get the Packers and Panthers. With Washington, especially, having a much easier draw on those two games (Minnesota and Buccaneers,) I think the Eagles' fortunes could rest on how they acquit themselves against the division winners, as well as how they handle the division.

Farchanter fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2014 around 16:48

Atticus Finch
Nov 30, 2008

Bengals play the AFC South and the NFC South along with Denver and New England.

Bengals will end up with the #1 draft pick. Their one win will somehow be against Denver.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Personal Foul: Haunting the Passer.
Number 90 on the Defense.

Detroit Lions

Home opponents: New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants

Away opponents: Atlanta Falcons (in London), Carolina Panthers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals

Divisional Games: 2x Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

I see the team hovering around .500 again this year, as this schedule looks particularly brutal. Home games against the Bills & Dolphins should be wins, but the road schedule outside of the Jets and maybe the Falcons looks like a nightmare. It's really going to depend on how this coaching staff shakes out and how the draft goes; if we can pick up some secondary help and a real WR2, I could see a possible 10-6, but I'd say the team will again be somewhere in the 7-9 win range.

Dr. Foom
Jul 5, 2007

I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Blitz7x posted:

Oakland Raiders

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

Away: New England Patriots, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks

Div x2: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

I'm not going to lie, this schedule looks gross. And it really doesn't get any easier considering every other AFC West contender made playoffs. I don't see any wins, only matchups that are a little better than others. What an awful schedule to have for a rebuilding team

I can see the Raiders maybe beating the Bills and the Browns. The rest is likely going to be a gaping black hole of despair.

Chichevache
Feb 16, 2010

Fuck you go Hawks!

panascope posted:

Having Denver at home for the Seahawks is a huge blessing. Aside from the divisional rivals I think we've got a pretty soft schedule next year, unless somehow the NFC East comes out swinging. Goddamn the NFC West is scary though, I really don't wanna play the Cardinals next year.

I didn't know we would get them at home. That certainly helps matters. Traveling to KC is gonna suck though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If you even dream of covering me you'd better wake up and apologize

Houston Texans

Home: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Away: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

A much easier schedule than they had this season (obviously, since this season they played the two West divisions, both of which were very good).

Obviously when you're coming off a 2-14 season, it's getting ahead of yourself to pencil in any game as a win, but the Texans are a better team than this season's record and I'm pretty sure they went ahead and mailed in the last 4-6 games once it became clear their season was over. With improved QB play (hell, even average QB play) the team looks way different. This is a team that was blowing out the Superbowl champs before falling apart (partly due to Cushing's injury) in the second half, and even then an idiotic decision to throw a wounded duck at Richard Sherman made the comeback for Seattle possible. They were right there in it with New England too, and really only got blown out by four teams. The Rams, the Ravens (and that was because of a pick 6 and punt return for TD), the 49ers and the Broncos. The potential for vast improvement is there.

Looking at this schedule, I want to say there's a good possibility of 11-12 wins next season, and I'd be surprised if they won fewer than 8. 10-6 is probably about right. They lose to Indy at least once, lose to one or both of Baltimore and Cinci, and the rest of the games I feel they have a chance to win. It'll also help if they get some pass rush from somewhere other than Watt, hopefully Crennel can instill some life into what has been a predictable defense

ROSS MY SALAD
Feb 22, 2007

X-Thames got the defense on lock.

Chargers:

Home: Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, New England, New York Jets, St. Louis, Seattle, Jacksonville
Away: Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Buffalo, Miami, Arizona, San Francisco, Baltimore

Well, it was nice having a winning record and going to the playoffs again. This slate has 6-10 written all over it

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Seriously. This. Again?
i hate you so much

Kansas City Chiefs
Home: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Tennessee Titans, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks

Away: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

Well, if we play the west, I'm at least glad that we got Seattle at home instead of CenturyLink. Can't wait for all the "set the noise record with Seattle at Arrowhead" bullshit!

This looks like a 11-5 or 12-4 season again. The Governor's cup against the Rams will be fun, and I might actually make the trek down from Packers country to watch it. The most worried I am beyond the Denver games are the games where we go to Arizona and San Fran. If we can pull out a good record again this year, it'll show that it wasn't just a soft schedule fluke. If we can't... welp. I figure even if we go 12-4, we'll end up as the wildcard again because of Manning and Co.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005
I found this picture on the forums and I think it's cool.

Chichevache posted:

I didn't know we would get them at home. That certainly helps matters. Traveling to KC is gonna suck though.

Yeah traveling to KC and to the Panthers again on top of the rest of the NFCW teams is brutal. Here's hoping the NFC East is a dumpster fire again.

Here's the Seahawks schedule:

Home: Arizona, San Francisco, St, Louis, Dallas, NY Giants, Denver, Oakland, Green Bay

Away: Arizona, San Francisco, St, Louis, Philadelphia, Washington, Kansas City, San Diego, Carolina

Honestly I think we have a pretty good shot of going 8-0 at home, and away I feel confident against Philly, Washington, and San Diego. I think 12-4 wouldn't be crazy given how good our division is.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Bears

Green Bay x2, Lions x2, Vikings x2, AFC East, NFC South, Niners, Cowboys.

Ooof. If this year's defense shows up in September this is 8-8 at best. If the defense improves at all, maybe eek out 10 wins - enough just barely miss out on the playoffs and watch the Packers win the Super Bowl. And if the Offense regresses at all with no improvement on the defense, 6 wins.

Retail Slave
Nov 25, 2011

You are the only Packers poster who deserves the ignominy of an A.J. Hawk avatar. Enjoy.

Green Bay Packers:

6 games against the Vikings, Bears, and Lions. At least 4 wins there, most likely 5 unless something goes really wrong like another injury to Rodgers.

4 games against the NFC south. Tampa should be a cakewalk. We ought to beat Atlanta. NO and Carolina are going to be tough.

4 games against the AFC east. We get NE at home (we nearly beat them last time in NE with Matt Flynn starting. That was a Sunday Night game the year we won the Super Bowl). Jets, Dolphins, and Bills should be victories. NE will probably be a loss.

2 conference games: Seattle and Philly. Yeah.

11-5 isn't out of the realm of possibility, but we have to improve the defense and stop getting loving injured every 3rd play.

Krackleburt
Aug 24, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

Kansas City Chiefs
Home: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Tennessee Titans, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks

Away: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

Well, if we play the west, I'm at least glad that we got Seattle at home instead of CenturyLink. Can't wait for all the "set the noise record with Seattle at Arrowhead" bullshit!

This looks like a 11-5 or 12-4 season again. The Governor's cup against the Rams will be fun, and I might actually make the trek down from Packers country to watch it. The most worried I am beyond the Denver games are the games where we go to Arizona and San Fran. If we can pull out a good record again this year, it'll show that it wasn't just a soft schedule fluke. If we can't... welp. I figure even if we go 12-4, we'll end up as the wildcard again because of Manning and Co.

Uhhhhh. Maybe it's just me, but that seems a little optimistic. Let's say they split the division games, so that's three losses already. Then you have the Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, 49ers, and Cardinals--any of which could be a reasonable loss. Lose em all, and you're down to 8-8. Even if you win some, with the remaining games, there are some toss ups in there like the Rams. I'd guess maybe 9-7. Great defense and running game when everyone's healthy, but the AFCW had a pretty favorable schedule this year too. It was a great run this year, and I was happy for you guys, but 12-4 seems like you're getting ahead of yourself a little bit. Then again who knows. The Chiefs were supposed to be bad, and the Falcons and Texans were supposed to be good this year. vv

Chichevache
Feb 16, 2010

Fuck you go Hawks!

I'm gonna go ahead and make my prediction right now. I think the Jags are going to finish 9-7 and be competitive in the playoffs, though I doubt they make a deep push.

Edit

I should add that this depends on if they throw Gabbert out there or not.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

100% plastic

Minnesota Vikings

Division x2: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers

Home: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Washington Redskins, New England Patriots, New York Jets

Away: New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, St. Louis Rams, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins

Prediction: 6-10

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

~In Shady We Trust~

Philadelphia Eagles

Home: Cowboys (W), Giants (W), Redskins (W), Panthers (L), Jaguars (W), Seahawks (L), Rams (W), Titans (W)

Away: Cowboys (L), Giants (W), Redskins (L), Cardinals (L), Packers (W), Texans (W), Colts (W), 49ers (L)

So that puts us at 10-6 for the second season in a row, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I turn my gaze out upon the field and forever burned into my eyes is a sorry pageant of spectacular failure

Home: Eagles Redskins Cowboys Cardinals 49ers Texans Colts Falcons

Away: Eagles Redskins Cowboys Rams Seahawks Jags Lions

So the NFC East plays the best and worst division in the NFL. 8-8 here we come. West is going to smother us but we should manage against the south and half of our division.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Home: Eagles Redskins Cowboys Cardinals 49ers Texans Colts Falcons

Away: Eagles Redskins Cowboys Rams Seahawks Jags Lions

So the NFC East plays the best and worst division in the NFL. 8-8 here we come. West is going to smother us but we should manage against the south and half of our division.

Giants only play 7 home games!

(yes I know you probably missed the Titans when c/ping)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Krackleburt posted:

Uhhhhh. Maybe it's just me, but that seems a little optimistic. Let's say they split the division games, so that's three losses already. Then you have the Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, 49ers, and Cardinals--any of which could be a reasonable loss. Lose em all, and you're down to 8-8. Even if you win some, with the remaining games, there are some toss ups in there like the Rams. I'd guess maybe 9-7. Great defense and running game when everyone's healthy, but the AFCW had a pretty favorable schedule this year too. It was a great run this year, and I was happy for you guys, but 12-4 seems like you're getting ahead of yourself a little bit. Then again who knows. The Chiefs were supposed to be bad, and the Falcons and Texans were supposed to be good this year. vv

Yeah, that's kind of my way too early read on it too based on current personnel, 8-8 or so. But really all of that will change quite a bit so who knows how I'll feel about it in a few months. As far as the home and away games I'm pretty happy with the layout, I suppose I'd like to switch St Louis with one of the other NFC West teams at home and I've always hated going to Miami because I dimly remember losing there quite a bit many years ago.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

To all my critics, you get paid to be negative.

Patriots

Divisional: Jets, Dolphins, Bills x2

Home: Broncos, Raiders, Lions, Bears, Bengals
Away: Chiefs, Chargers, Packers, Vikings, Colts

It's super early, but there's a lot of potentially very good teams here, and that could be a very mean road schedule. Of course last year's schedule looked a lot meaner with the Falcons and Texans on it, so who knows?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Diligence is the mother of Luck

Home Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Washington, New England
Away Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Dallas, NY Giants, Denver

I can't pick any of these with any confidence. Who the gently caress knows what the Colts are going to play like. I'll take a split vs Houston, but I could see us losing both if the actual Houston Texans who were suppose to play this year step up. Can win 2 vs Jacksonville, but sometimes they always sneak one in. Maybe the 2 vs Titans.

Luck vs Rg3 will be pretty cool. I hope Washington is not the dumpster fire it was. Maybe Trent Richardson will get pumped about going back to Cleveland and get like 40 yards, that'd be cool. It's nice to get Baltimore, Cinci, Phili and Pats at home, that should help make those games a little bit better.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Athanatos posted:

I'll take a split vs Houston, but I could see us losing both if the actual Houston Texans who were suppose to play this year step up.

The Texans will never ever ever win in Indy

Losing to Dan Orlovsky has proven this. On a day when Arian Foster averaged like 7 ypc against the Orlovsky lead Colts, the Texans lost

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Intruder posted:

The Texans will never ever ever win in Indy

Losing to Dan Orlovsky has proven this. On a day when Arian Foster averaged like 7 ypc against the Orlovsky lead Colts, the Texans lost

It's going to happen one year.

It's going to be the year the Colts are all robot unbeatable players who go 16-1 to win the Super Bowl and every game by 400 points. That 1 loss will be a Houston team who was lost in the Bermuda Triangle before the season so they used random Houston fans. Just for maximum embarrassment. That Houston team will probably be lead by Trent Richardson who runs for 300 yards.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Predicting Sunday Night Football has never been so easy:

Manning/Brady, Manning/Colts, Manning/Seattle, etc

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Harlock posted:

is there a limit to how many times one team can be in primetime?

ROSS MY SALAD
Feb 22, 2007

X-Thames got the defense on lock.

Farchanter posted:

is there a limit to how many times one team can be in primetime?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Harlock posted:

And then fill in the rest with NFC East games

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Philadelphia Eagles are merely a series of booms and busts; the long run trend of the franchise is positive.

But the long run is a misleading guide to professional football. In the long run we are all dead.

YMB posted:

Philadelphia Eagles

Home: Cowboys (W), Giants (W), Redskins (W), Panthers (L), Jaguars (W), Seahawks (L), Rams (W), Titans (W)

Away: Cowboys (L), Giants (W), Redskins (L), Cardinals (L), Packers (W), Texans (W), Colts (W), 49ers (L)

So that puts us at 10-6 for the second season in a row, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Yeah I feel pretty good about the schedule right now. This year's looked a lot tougher but then the entire NFC North decided to become terrible. Playing the Panthers and Packers instead of Buccaneers and Cardinals will suck though.

It's too early to predict since we haven't done free agency or the draft yet, but I don't think it's more difficult than this year's and only broad comparisons like that are relevant at this point.

Both Wests playing each other should be a lot of fun.

Right now I think the easiest looking schedule belongs to the Saints. Play the NFC North, AFC North and the Cowboys/Niners plus your division.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

To all my critics, you get paid to be negative.

Brady / Peyton will probably end up a 4pm November game. Some quirk of how ratings are determined makes it so CBS wants that game at that time and it's happened like 8 or 9 times now.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Haters gonna hate

Colts

Home - Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Ravens, Bengals, Patriots, Eagles, Redskins
Away - Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Browns, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Broncos

The Patriots, Broncos, Bengals, and probably the Eagles are automatic losses. I think 10-6 is an optimistic prediction for next season.

Prime time games will be versus the Ravens, Broncos, Redskins, and Jaguars for some reason.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2014 around 18:24

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Nail Rat posted:

Prime time games will be versus the Ravens, Broncos, Redskins, and Jaguars for some reason.

Why do you say Ravens? I'm thinking Patriots

Does this count Thursday since everyone has a Thursday?

Athanatos fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2014 around 18:42

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Offensive linemen aren't the best, it's a team effort!

Redskins:
--------
-Divisional games: Could win 0, could win 5 if RG3 returns to form and the defense improves. Maybe 2-4 in division sounds right, but it's possible that Dallas and NYG will be bad again next season.
-NFC West: Seahawks and Rams at home, 49ers and Cardinals on the road. They have a small chance of beating Seattle at home, no idea how good the Rams will be, will lose to SF on the road, and no idea about Arizona. On average I would expect about 1 win.
-AFC South: Titans and Jags at home could be 2 wins, Colts and Texans on the road. Colts is probably an L, no idea how bad the Texans will be next year. I'll be optimistic and say a win? 3-1 against the AFC is my tentative guess.
-Home against TB I'll peg as a win for now, though it depends on if Glennon is for real or not.
-Away against the Vikings I'll just say will be a loss.

Overall: 7-9.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

It's dangerous to just play zone! Take this.

I actually came to TFF to post this exact thread. I've been planning which games I'd like to go to now that I have more vacation, which lead me to to question why there wasn't a 2014 schedule thread. Also, why isn't there a general Goon meet thread for those of us going to games?

Green Bay Packers

Very Winnable: Vikings (home), Falcons (home), Jets (home), Bills (away)

Winnable: Chicago (home), Vikings (away), Dolphins (away), Tampa Bay (away), Lions (home)

Push: Chicago (away), Lions (away), Eagles (home), Patriots (home)

Tough: Panthers (home), Saints (away), Seattle (away)

11-5 sounds reasonable.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

DO NOT DENY YOUR DESTINY

I just wanna know how we're playing the Bills again. This is for real like the fourth year in a row.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If the Steelers can get their poo poo together I can see them tearing up against both Southern conferences

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Parmesan Basil posted:

I just wanna know how we're playing the Bills again. This is for real like the fourth year in a row.

It's more than that. The Chiefs and the Bills have a knack for losing their respective conferences. And on the rare occasions where that hasn't been the case (usually meaning the Chiefs have done better), it's been that every 3rd year rotation AFC West / AFC East.

2014 - AFC West plays AFC East.
2013 - based on being 4th place in respective AFC conferences.
2012 - based on being 4th place in respective AFC conferences.
2011 - AFC West plays AFC East.
2010 - based on being 4th place in respective AFC conferences.
2009 - based on being 4th place in respective AFC conferences.
2008 - AFC West plays AFC East.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Seriously. This. Again?
i hate you so much

Krackleburt posted:

I made the assumption that we would beat the Chargers and Oakland both times and split the series with the Broncos. I know this year doesn't really support that, but.. eh? It's too early to get a read, but I'm not terribly excited about the scheduling because unless a comet takes out the west coast, the NFC West is probably the toughest division in football, so that's gonna hurt.

Let's see how the draft goes and then we can talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 28, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If the Steelers can get their poo poo together I can see them tearing up against both Southern conferences

Aww, don't cry, Steelers.

«3 »