Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005
PLEASE DON'T POST

The feeling of experiencing something totally new for the first time, and of knowing unquestionably that one day in the not-too-distant this, or something very like it, is going to absolutely change something for the better; and that you've found it before a hell of a lot of people, is one that everyone should get a chance to experience at some point.

I've had that a few times, but most recently in January 2012. I was poking around the internet with vague hopes of finding some interesting bit of freeware to kill a few hours with, and I tripped over the Daily Telegraph's best-games-of-2011 thing, and I saw that they'd given a gong to Frozen Synapse, which I'd played a bit of and had some fun with for quite a while. So I read the whole thing, and the winner of "Best Script" caught my attention.

quote:

Loveís layered narrative of a high school teacher embroiled in his studentís worries goes places most mainstream video games wouldnít dare. Morality, privacy, teen suicide and sexuality are all themes touched upon with a confident and believable voice. Perhaps at an advantage because itís ostensibly a Ďvisual novelí, donít take it personally, babe, it just ainít your storyís greatest achievement is in making the most of its interactivity. You are constantly distracted by the near-future social network that your kids spend most of their time on, and are asked to make choices that baldly sweeps the focus to you, the player.

It sounded interesting enough, but the screenshot made it look like one of those Godawful quote dating sims unquote. I wandered over to check it out, saw that it was free to play, and went for it.

About three hours later, I popped out of the other end of the rabbit hole. I didn't quite know whether it was a game or an interactive story or a visual novel or whatever the gently caress you want to call it, but I did know that it was speaking to me on a level that nothing had done for a very long time. The audience for these kinds of interactive stories has done nothing but grow since then, and you can certainly draw a direct line from 80s text adventures, through Planescape: Torment, and then right through this game and Dys4ia to the likes of Dear Esther and Gone Home, with all kinds of weird and wonderful experiences available around the periphery.

I've played everything else Christine Love's done, I did an LP of Digital: A Love Story a while back. I've played almost too many to count of these kinds of games since then. And yet, this is still my favourite. The subject came up in the thread for Analogue: A Hate Story (also: Hate Plus), and it was mildly disappointing to see people bagging on this one as hard as they were doing.

So let's explore it, and how I relate to it, and how you relate to it, and maybe we can change a few minds, and expose a few people to something they'll enjoy a great deal but wouldn't have found otherwise. And sure, at the end of it all, you might find that this just isn't for you, it's not speaking to you, it's not of interest to you.

And all I have to say to those people is this:

CHAPTER 1

Part One
Part Two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Usually, we make an actual first update to go along with a thread.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

This is a really great story/game/visual novel/experience whatever but there is some infamy associated with this, are you touching on that/aware of it/avoiding?

Thunderfinger posted:

Usually, we make an actual first update to go along with a thread.

Oh yes this too.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005
PLEASE DON'T POST

There are, of course, some mistakes that you can see coming from miles ahead. Mistakes that you should've known better than to make.

There are mistakes where you realize as you go along that things are just getting worse. I've made a lot of those mistakes in life.

...and it's on that high note that I start my first day of school.

Yes, I'm nervous, and I don't think there's much shame in that.

Now isn't the time to be scared of 11th graders, though.

I take a deep breath and introduce myself to my new class.

Good morning, everyone. I'm Mr Rook, and starting today, I'll be taking over as your homeroom teacher.

A month into the year. Apparently their proper teacher became seriously sick and is on an extended leave.

I'm really looking forward to spending the year with you guys.

Helpfully enough, the class list is available on my computer. And the glowing mail icon tells me that I have unread messages, which I can read any time. And probably should, soon.

This is the Amie interface. We'll be spending a lot of time here. This will all make sense very soon; first, let's check our mail.

Buggered if I'm typing all this out.

OK, this one is actually kind of important.

There you go. That is, as they say, the sitch. The AmieConnect icon takes you to the students' social networking stuff. There's a 12channel link off the homepage, too...

Oh. I guess we'll, uh, try again later. On with the show.

Well, here goes...

"Alright. ...that's a cute name. Kendall Flowers?"

"Good. Taylor Gibson?"

"So you are. Next...sorry, Charlotte Grewal? Is that right?"

"Just checking. How about Isabella Hart?"

"Okay, Isabella is at the back. Nolan Striukas?"

No answer.

"Nolan? Is Nolan here?"

Someone taps on the shoulder of one of the boys. "Nolan, say something! It's attendance."

"Alright. And... Akira Yamazaki?"

Uh, wow. Nice colours there. I realize the school's uniform policy is really more like a suggestion, but... wow.

That was Mr Rook reacting! That was not me. All my comments are in these lovely italics, as you may have guessed.

"Alright, great."

I go through the entire class list, and it looks like everyone is here, after all. Now I just have to start remembering the faces.

An introduction is in order, though. This'll be...interesting.

...is probably not what I should say.

"I'm in my office most days after school, so just ask, no matter what it's about. Even if it seems trivial."

Yeah, I'm not going to be any of the assholes that I had for teachers in high school, that's for sure.

"Regardless... I'm looking forward to working with you all!"

I look over the class, and I can tell that they look vaguely impressed. I didn't expect anything more. Well, now it's time to get started on the boring things like going over the syllabus.

OK, so at some point between now and then, I went on AmieConnect, and I found this!

That bottom one just leads to a single public post on Akira's wall, it's exactly what you see there. The top one, on the other hand...

Jinkies. That's a good start to the year!

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

A Trin Tragula First Person Visual Novel Let's Play Extravaganza, what's not to get excited about?

Valkama
Jan 6, 2013

RATS!

The loop thing at the beginning was rather confusing at first. This seems interesting enough, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Oy Space marines your fiance ain't so easy to kill!

'totally teh smex'. I hope to christ this was written in 2002 because otherwise there is no goddamn excuse for a line like that.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

don't eat the rainbow special

You may want to consider cropping the Windows 8 border out of your images, and I hope you're prepared for forums backlash from some of the...unsavory aspects of this game.

Haifisch
Nov 12, 2010

Most things in the world aren't black, aren't white, aren't wrong, aren't right, but most of everything is just different.

Coolguye posted:

'totally teh smex'. I hope to christ this was written in 2002 because otherwise there is no goddamn excuse for a line like that.
Just remind yourself that these are (fictional) teenagers, so they're going to use a lot of dumb slang. Better than trying to invent even worse hip new lingo for the teens of the future, I guess?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

OBVIOUS CAGE PLANT SPOTTED

All these cryptic references to something "unsavory" are making me curious... but if it's what I'm thinking if you better try really hard to avoid it, or quit right now.

Haifisch posted:

Just remind yourself that these are (fictional) teenagers, so they're going to use a lot of dumb slang. Better than trying to invent even worse hip new lingo for the teens of the future, I guess?

Or you could take the David Cage route and make them incomprehensibly terrible people for a little character development.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

This was a bizarre, interesting little experience of a game. Looking forward to seeing someone else's take on it.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

So it's supposed to loop like that on purpose? Pretty confusing.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Don't stop me now

I'm forums poster Mad Wack and I want to tell readers that this is A Good Game(R) - stick with it.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

I had a similar experience to yours on my first play of the game. My emotional investment in the characters was swift and severe. I really liked the social media aspect; it was a really good way to convey a lot of information that would otherwise be difficult to show to the player. drat kids always texting in class

The set piece that people refer to as the unsavory portion of the game could have been handled a lot better, but I am also used to visual novels (and specifically the culture that surrounds the making of them) and their idiocy regarding the topic. Having made and played several, that aspect of this game struck me as a little pandering and playing off tropes that you see over and over in these works. I think it became infamous outside the community chiefly because a) the characters involved suffer no consequences from their actions and b) they have no idea how much worse it gets.

I want to believe the creator(s?) were motivated to tell stories and not just to stir up controversy or please fanboys but that may be naive.

SSNeoman
Jul 19, 2011

Villain tip: Next time kill
someone I actually like.

Bomrek posted:

I want to believe the creator(s?) were motivated to tell stories and not just to stir up controversy or please fanboys but that may be naive.

Creator.
And you would be right. Christine Love actually did her own post-mortem of the game. I won't link it, because spoilers, but she addresses many of the issues people bring up with the game.

moebius2778
May 3, 2013

Bomrek posted:

Based on the ending of the game, I think it's pretty clear the game is supposed to be about something. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it had a message - the feeling I get is that the author wanted you to think about the topic, rather than the author wanted you to think a certain way about the topic.

Unfortunately, due to a choice I'd made near the beginning of the game and a talk I'd recently attended on a similar topic, I ended up primarily thinking that the game could've been much better.

Edit: Something that occurs to me as a possible way to run an LP of this game: Let the audience decide what invasions of privacy we commit? I.e., always open the private messages that we need to advance things, but just don't show the audience the message if we decide not to "read" it. Kinda hacky. Although, I think it does blunt the ending message a bit.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005
PLEASE DON'T POST

Last time: Mr Rook takes his first lesson and discovers that he has full access to his students' AmieConnect pages. Let's just take a moment to remind ourselves who the players in this drama are, shall we? These are their profiles.

You'll note that their birthdays are such that today, they're between 2 and 4 years old. This is what it's going to be like for my sister's kid when she grows up and goes to big school!

There are of course important hints in all this to poo poo that's gonna play out later.

Yeah, man! Smash the system! Down with Thatcher! Oh, wait, she's finally gone that way already.

omg so kawaii. And he's being nice to us, too. Anyway, those are the players, so let's rejoin Mr Rook in his second day on the job.

"Can I see a show of hands for everyone who actually did the homework last night?

Every hand in the room goes up. I would home so, it was only forty - very short - pages.

"Alright! So what are your initial impressions of the premise?

Oh, great, he's teaching the Internets. Well, that's unfair. This is the novel that he's teaching, and at least his intentions are good - he's starting them off with something that they might be able to relate to.

Silence all round.

"Just your general thoughts. There's no right or wrong answer here."

Occasionally, the game gives you a highly unsubtle prompt to check your loving messages right now, because there's something it needs you to know before you proceed. Probably it could have been done more elegantly, but let's just remember that this whole shebang was made in a calendar month.

Woah. That's a bit strong.

"Anyone?"

And now the game gives us a decision! We will not be voting on these. I'm driving this. If you urgently need to explore the few alternate paths right this instant now, great, go play the game, go fall in love with the game, buy Analogue, Hate Plus, send your hopeless marriage proposals to Christine Love.

Decision made. Swivel.

"Yes, Charlotte?"

"What about that struck you as surprising?"

"It wouldn't make much sense to have a story like that now. She could just have posted on her classmates' walls."

"Interesting. So, would you say it's inherently more lonely because of the technology?"

"I don't know. Maybe?"

I move on, and carry on with the lecture as intended. A couple people seem engaged, at least. The reluctance leaves me feeling worried though.

I deeply worry that I'm not cut out for this.

Message check.

Onward.

The class files out impatiently the instant the lunch bell rings.

I lean over to get out my packed lunch. when I sit back up, I see a set of students waiting; not everyone is in a rush, it looks.

"Excuse me, Mr Rook?"

"Not in the cafeteria?"

"Lol, yeah, right. Sorry, sir, but have you seen the cafeteria?"

"Yeah."

"It's just incredibly unpleasant. If it's a problem, we'll understand, but..."

"Thank you!"

"Thanks."

"Not at all. Just don't make a mess, and it won't bother me one bit."

"So level with me, Charlotte."

"Don't..."

"No, for reals! I'm serious."

"Ohmigod, don't bring it up..."

"Come on, Kendall is my bro. I would like to know what's going on with her."

"I'm sure she doesn't..."

"She's still my friend."

"Uh, so why are you avoiding her?"

We just need some time apart right now, that's all. There's no drama, it's over with."

There's no drama? But I was promised drama! Where's the kaboom? There should have been a gay-shattering kaboom!

Meanwhile, time to check messages. These students are really pinging poo poo back and forth.

All caught up.

"Well, don't tell Taylor that."

"Why? How is it any of her business?"

This is a more gentle encouragement for if you haven't been checking your messages, that you should do so in order to find out what she's been saying.

It doesn't stop the story and insist, though.

"It's not a fate I'd wish on even Taylor."

Hahaha, lol, fair enough.

See that counter just bouncing upwards? Occasionally it doesn't quite match up with when I present the messages to you because I played it one way and then decided that the narrative flows slightly better to show them somewhere else, but you should still have a good idea of when everything was sent.

I could just conflate it all and go "here is IRL, here is Amie" at the end of every sequence, but I would prefer to keep more of a sense of how the game flows, of when some of the messages appear on Amie compared to what's going on IRL.

Will they be like this for the whole year?

And ...also on whatever is going on between those two girls.

"Mr Rook?"

"Oh. Yes?"

"How are you finding it so far? Our school, I mean. Not too disappointing, I hope?"

Yes, I have. But I understand."

The two of us make small talk for a bit, about first days of school and such.

Ping!

All caught up.

Eventually, they all leave at the end of lunch break for their other classes. I don't know what to make of any of what they were talking about, at all.

This is so the drama. Or something.

But seriously. Coming into this game completely blind, then finding out that "gay drama" in the blurb actually meant "queer relationships are going to be at the heart of this story" was such a nice surprise; this is about the point where I started seriously getting interested. I want to see how things are going to turn out for Kendall and Charlotte.

I mean, the underlying messages in these conversations are so positive and encouraging if you're queer: virtually nobody playing this game will have been in a position in high school where they could have relationships openly with their peers, then break up, getting supported by their friends. This is a wonderfully optimistic backdrop to set the story against; and then there's Taylor, to stop things from just turning into a boring dull hugbox.

It's my second day on the job, and... I don't know what to think of all this.

Do you know what to think of that?

That's all I can do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The 4.5 tatami room is a truly beautiful square.
Is it not magnificent?

A funny bit of continuity, you see that all the students are from Lake City, which is the same city the protagonist of Digital: A Love Story lived if you go by the local BBS being Lake City Local.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

Is it too late to institute Hug-a-Bug Day?

Waffleman_ posted:

A funny bit of continuity, you see that all the students are from Lake City, which is the same city the protagonist of Digital: A Love Story lived if you go by the local BBS being Lake City Local.

That, and the sysop for Lake City Local in Digital is named Rook.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Normally, I can't stand these petty teen drama shenanigans, but like you noted about how optimistic a view this is for the future of queers and because of the concept of the teacher being able to listen in on everything that goes on online makes me really interested.

Heartbroken 2Twice
Oct 6, 2013

In the grim, dark future, people check their phones almost constantly.

This game seems pretty on-the-mark so far! Is it possible to play through the game without reading all the private messages etc.? It was alluded to in the update that you were prompted to check, but could you have just ignored the prompt and continued?

I'm imagining this teacher holding up the class every now and then to check Facebook.

SpiderHyphenMan
Mar 31, 2010

There's a hyphen, damn it!

One of the let's say three or four BIG problems with this game is that you can't make a conscious choice to respect the kids' privacy and only read their public messages.

This game does do queer relationships really well, I'll give it that much.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Visible light lasers are within the realm of possibility........My guy is being a little paranoid.

Heartbroken 2Twice posted:

In the grim, dark future, people check their phones almost constantly.

This game seems pretty on-the-mark so far! Is it possible to play through the game without reading all the private messages etc.? It was alluded to in the update that you were prompted to check, but could you have just ignored the prompt and continued?

I'm imagining this teacher holding up the class every now and then to check Facebook.

At a few fixed points the game hard stops and prompts you over and over "Someone is coming to talk to me, I should really read these IMs so I know what's up" and won't go on until you skim through all of them.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

There's no point to the game if you skip all the messages, so that would be a really silly way to play it.

Capitalism Bro!
Oct 24, 2010

Foley is

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

One of the let's say three or four BIG problems with this game is that you can't make a conscious choice to respect the kids' privacy and only read their public messages.

This game does do queer relationships really well, I'll give it that much.

This is a problem with a lot of indie games. Instead of embracing interactivity, more or less the only thing that makes video games as a medium unique, they just railroad the poo poo out of you so they can get across their ~*message*~

Speaking of interactivity, I tried playing this game so that Captain Mid-life Crisis would be a professional, sane individual and holy poo poo does the game not expect or cater for that. This isn't a very good game.

SSNeoman
Jul 19, 2011

someone I actually like.

One month people.

This game was made in one month.

Haifisch
Nov 12, 2010

Most things in the world aren't black, aren't white, aren't wrong, aren't right, but most of everything is just different.

Capitalism Bro! posted:

Speaking of interactivity, I tried playing this game so that Captain Mid-life Crisis would be a professional, sane individual and holy poo poo does the game not expect or cater for that. This isn't a very good game.
The author has gone on record as saying that our "hero" is intentionally not meant to be a competent teacher or that good of a person. Whether the game makes this come across well is another question, but it's no wonder that Love didn't account for potential 'make teacher a decent dude' choices while making this game in one month.

SpiderHyphenMan
Mar 31, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

One month people.

This game was made in one month.
Which makes it immune to criticism.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Oy Space marines your fiance ain't so easy to kill!

Most of Mat Dickie's games were made in similarly short time spans (I think You Testament was like 3-4 months), and furthermore they were made alone. I don't see anyone defending his god-awful wrecks of games. If you want to be known for impeccable quality, take the time to produce it. This short dev time stuff is bullshit, nobody is going to die if you don't release an indie game on time.

As it stands I think there's a reason you can find this game in top billing on Maddox's article on why video games are sexist as a terrible game made by a woman, for women. Note in the same breath that Digital and Analog are both not on the list.

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

I hate this game. I played it without knowing what it was about, and it just irritated me on levels I didn't know existed.

So, I'll be following the LP obviously!!

E: I guess to clarify so my post isn't just pointless negativity, I can't really explain the parts that bothered me until we get to them, but I found the story shallow enough that it was almost insulting, and the characters were about the same. I know it was made in a month and all, and it's better than I could do, but... man. I guess I got so angry because it started with some interesting premises, but... in the end it fell flat. It really should have stuck with a couple of its talking points instead of trying to fit them all in.

SSNeoman
Jul 19, 2011

someone I actually like.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Which makes it immune to criticism.

No, but people are expecting this to be 999 or something. Considering this took a month to make, one can forgive Love for focusing more on messages, railroading and teenage drama as opposed to gameplay choices.
I agree with the professionalism comments though. Love should have addressed this somehow.

SpiderHyphenMan
Mar 31, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

No, but people are expecting this to be 999 or something. Considering this took a month to make, one can forgive Love for focusing more on messages, railroading and teenage drama as opposed to gameplay choices.
I agree with the professionalism comments though. Love should have addressed this somehow.
I can't speak for anyone else, but my opinion of "this game is badly written" comes from how it ends, not what we've seen in the LP so far.

Capitalism Bro!
Oct 24, 2010

Foley is

Haifisch posted:

The author has gone on record as saying that our "hero" is intentionally not meant to be a competent teacher or that good of a person. Whether the game makes this come across well is another question, but it's no wonder that Love didn't account for potential 'make teacher a decent dude' choices while making this game in one month.

Specifically, I'm talking about the one decision later in the game where you are given the option to be an unprofessional rear end in a top hat or not be an rear end in a top hat, and if you pick the latter option the game makes you act like an rear end in a top hat and the points out that that was not the option you picked. That isn't "I didn't have time for write stuff for not being a prick" it's "You will act like I want you to, you gently caress". Also, just because this game was written in month doesn't make it a good game. The writing is fanfiction level at best and irritating, internet catchphrase spewing jellyfish level at worst. Comparing this to something like Planescape: Torment is kinda dumb. I will say that it is better written than a lot of indie games although I would say Digital was better.

Also to the OP, you have cleared this game with Slowbeef or Zorak right? Because if you haven't this LP is going to a screeching halt. I know it's possible to play this game and avoid the dumb, creepy stuff like I did but considering you guys genuinely like this game, I thought you might try to defend the creepy poo poo which is probably going to lead to Bad Things.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

I'd like to think that we could show off what I'm guessing to be some teacher/student romantic interaction (because it's the most likely thing for people to be getting skeeved out about in this situation) without making a big fuss about it. It would hardly be anything new in fiction and something everyone knows is frowned upon (especially given the ages here), and I'd hope that we could avoid turning into a bunch of tropers.

Although, what happened in the Brave New World thread makes that seem rather doubtful. It's probably for the best that the OP is choosing the path we go down here.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I say, old bean.

This is a pretty fascinating game, and the moral at the end is a pretty interesting one that I still ponder at times. It's a unique and interesting concept and that's pretty much the only thing I can ask for out of a game that was made in one month.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

Ugh, this game.

I wanted to like this game, I really did, but not even it's creator is willing to defend some of the design choices people are bitching about.

Heartbroken 2Twice
Oct 6, 2013

Added Space posted:

At a few fixed points the game hard stops and prompts you over and over "Someone is coming to talk to me, I should really read these IMs so I know what's up" and won't go on until you skim through all of them.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Thanks to everyone who cleared this up! It seems like we're playing a character who would make these choices, and anything else would be a break of character - someone who worked with computers for 15 years probably has a good grasp of privacy issues.

Reminds me of the IF 'Rameses', which is great once you understand the idea. You can play it online, too!

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005
PLEASE DON'T POST

Last time: Basically, we were falling head-first into a searing Sarlaac pit of drama, and it's only the second day on the job! How deep does this rabbit hole go? Right down to Watership Down Under, sport. Let's mosey.

Having nothing better to do, I stick around in the classroom even before the school day has technically begun.

I'm reminded of when I was in high school; I was usually the first one in the room then, too. I guess not much has changed since then.

"Good morning, Mr Rook!"

Of course it would be her, wouldn't it?

"Hi, Charlotte."

I guess the thing to do would be to make small talk.

"Lovely weather today, isn't it?"

"Oh, sh- I mean, shoot. No, I didn't realize."

Should have checked the weather report!

Yeah...

Well, how do you get here?"

I walk. Well, maybe it'll stop by the time I have to leave.

Better hope so!

Hi.

'sup.

Ping!

I keep chatting with Charlotte, and eventually, the rest of the class starts to file in.

Well, how much later? Huh? Huh? This is important

What do you think? Do the details of the story being told by the four girls matter, or is it just there as filler material?

I look around, and raising her hand is... Arianna?

Not that I can acknowledge it in any way. What can I say, anyway?

Go ahead, Arianna.

Good, that's valid.

At least something about this situation is!

Yes, that's also very good. Do you have any examples?

I'm glad she's taking it seriously, at least.

Eventually, the lunch bell rings, and the class starts to file out, in a hurry as ever.

Staying behind is the same group as yesterday.

Excuse me, Mr Rook?

Yes?

I have to go buy lunch now, but...you know how you said you're always available to talk, right?

Oh, poo poo. Oh, poo poo.

Yeah, what's up?

...yeah, I highly doubt that's really why. But I can't exactly say no, can I? I did promise...

Thanks, Mr Rook! I'm looking forward to it!

Ping.

You are not helping!

Maybe it'll just go away. She'll get over it. Yeah, of course. Schoolgirl crushes are always fleeting.

So how are things going with you two?

Good.

Oh, well, you know...

That's it for the day. Well, as far as classes go, anyway. Sure enough, Charlotte was right, by the end of the day, it's started to rain. Arianna's probably already on her way to my office.

Again with the lack of subtlety. 12chan only shows messages when the game prompts you, and again, these are stop points; you have to go look at it. There's a reason it makes you do that.

Can you tell what it is yet? Man, after the way this thread's started I'm laughing at it all over again.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

FUCK NOOBS

Mad Wack posted:

I'm forums poster Mad Wack and I want to tell readers that this is A Good Game(R) - stick with it.

http://i.imgur.com/e40k3.png

Gas thread and kill everyone in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syncyes
Sep 18, 2013

I give this game a lot of slack because it was done for the video game equivalent of NaNoWriMo. It's excellent for something made in a month

for the love of god, avoid the creepy plot line though

«3 »