Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

The free to play browser mmo is now in 3D! Utilizing WebGL, we have created a game that requires no downloads/plugins/extentions etc.

The game runs best in google chrome but also works in firefox, ie11, opera, and safari with webgl enabled.

Titans of Time is a fantasy mmo, with hundreds of quests and several unique environments.

We are still in early beta and can use all the constructive feedback we can get.

3D Browser MMORPG | Titans of Time

Game Features:
Fully interactive browser-based 3D MMORPG
Combat in real-time, not turn-based
4 unique classes with special moves and skill trees
Instanced dungeons playable by up to 5 people
1 vs 1 to 5 vs 5 combat arenas
A gauntlet system where you can fight a series of increasingly difficult enemies
Hundreds of fun and challenging quests to complete
Thousands of unique and rare items to find
A vast world to traverse with over 30 zones of various difficulty
Regular and elite npcs of various levels
Unrestricted PVP
An advanced combat system with: melee, magic, over-time effects, healing and other abilities such as stealth, stun, aoe attacks and buffs
A new and growing community.
100% Free to Play and no download required

We know its a little buggy and well some things don't make complete sense, but I'm hoping that's where your feedback will help us resolve these issues.

We are a team of 2 people, not some giant game studio so suggestions/feedback can go a long way with us.

Thanks everyone, I hope you have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

FUCKING MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK?!

titansoftime posted:

We are still in early beta and can use all the constructive feedback we can get.

I dunno man, that empty landscape with a block on it is looking pretty sick. I think you guys got this handled.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 30, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Lady gaga? Is that you?

edit: What I mean to say is that design sucks. Gaga rules though.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006
oh lawd

This is not very priestly attire.

Nauta
Jan 20, 2007

sun pitää varoo mitä sä haluut... koska sä voit saada sen

XboxPants posted:

I dunno man, that empty landscape with a block on it is looking pretty sick. I think you guys got this handled.

Why won't you post in the OUYA thread anymore?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

I for one am pretty happy that you created a SA account just to share this wonderfully exciting and action filled world where I can play a 100% for free unless I feel the need to spend money in the cash shop and also features exciting quests like killing 20 vipers! Golly!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

Kobra Kommandant

- Superbowl XXXV -
Ravens 35, Giants 7

I don't know what church she belongs to but I want to join.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

You are pretty new here. Remember to post this to GBS!

Bieeardo
Aug 21, 2000

Someone bold, someone blue, someone borrowed, someone new...

I love these threads so much.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

Bear Witness

I am afraid the holy grail is not that way. That way only leads to a browser-based mmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SJ0xR2_bQ

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at Feb 4, 2014 around 05:21

Nauta
Jan 20, 2007

So I gave this game a 5 minute try and wow it was even worse than I expected.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Want to be More Powerful? Of course you do, check out these amazing [Upgrades]!
I dunno there's something about this game.
I know I play like every single mmo ever but something about slutty nuns and unreal 1 maps makes me not want to.
Plus those quests just seem so great!
Who wouldn't want to kill X of Y forever.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Nauta posted:

That is actually kind of impressive

nopantsjack
Jan 7, 2008
A man about town looking for the fight of his life.

Come now, guys, this isn't very constructive advice. What is your favourite Titan of Time?

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!

nopantsjack posted:

Come now, guys, this isn't very constructive advice. What is your favourite Titan of Time?

The 10th Doctor clearly.

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

Nauta posted:

I'm sorry you hated it so much. It would have been helpful to know what you didn't like so I can attempt to fix it. 3D browser games are a new thing and it will be a while till their graphics can compete with client games.

We're just 2 guys trying to make a fun free game. No reason to be a dick.

titansoftime fucked around with this message at Feb 4, 2014 around 13:05

Freakazoid_
Jul 4, 2013

Drop the combat and retool the game into a crafting MMO.

Finally, the ftp ATITD I always wanted.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

titansoftime posted:

I'm sorry you hated it so much. It would have been helpful to know you didn't like so I can attempt to fix it. 3D browser games are a new thing and it will be a while till their graphics can compete with client games.

3d browser games aren't new. You should look at your competition. http://bubsy3d.com

And well if I had to guess what he didn't like id think it was probably the graphics. And the gameplay too. The art style is terrible as well. Not to mention the quest design is god awful. Plus the writing is terrible. And you know the sound makes me want to die. Also the map design is worse than a 10 year olds first doom wad.

And the name is lovely too.

randombattle fucked around with this message at Feb 4, 2014 around 13:08

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

randombattle posted:

3d browser games aren't new. You should look at your competition. http://bubsy3d.com

And well if I had to guess what he didn't like id think it was probably the graphics. And the gameplay too. The art style is terrible as well. Not to mention the quest design is god awful. Plus the writing is terrible. And you know the sound makes me want to die. Also the map design is worse than a 10 year olds first doom wad.

And the name is lovely too.

3D Browser games that require no downloads to be specific. Listen man I'm sure the game you made is way better and all, but come on... we're in EARLY beta, updates/fixes are made daily.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching

titansoftime posted:

3D Browser games that require no downloads to be specific. Listen man I'm sure the game you made is way better and all, but come on... we're in EARLY beta, updates/fixes are made daily.

Want to be Less Beta? Of course you do, check out these amazing [Updates]!

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

He has all your IP addresses now, guys. You're screwed.

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

This looks sweet, but you should have just made this screenshot and nothing else. Peace.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!

Decaying Zombie just kicked your rear end!

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space

Dick Burglar posted:

Decaying Zombie just kicked your rear end!

drat, beat me to it.

Also the general chat in that screenshot is hilarious. It appears to be confused players that have no idea what the classes are. I'd say sanitize the screenshots you're going to use for promotional material OP but honestly that is the least of your problems.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

PlotDevice posted:

drat, beat me to it.

Also the general chat in that screenshot is hilarious. It appears to be confused players that have no idea what the classes are. I'd say sanitize the screenshots you're going to use for promotional material OP but honestly that is the least of your problems.

If they sanitize it more it will literally just be that one rock

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching

I'm not going to gas or ban the OP because I think MMO should really look inside itself to offer genuine, helpful advice on how to improve the game.

titansoftime, may I offer some suggestions?

-Your female avatars need larger tits, possibly with nipples poking through the dress. Have you thought of creating an avatar that looks 12 that has huge, massive anime tits? I've heard this works really well.
-Have you thought about making the environments not look like wide open deserts that make you want to kill yourself?
-You should change "Hundreds of fun and challenging quests to complete" to "a couple somewhat fun and kinda challenging quests to complete" so you're not accused of lying.

I hope this feedback helps.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Yeah I don't think it was a good idea to post this here. You guys did a decent job I think for 2 people, but this isn't the best place to brainstorm your alpha MMO.

At least we get an added bonus of the posting super stars spewing out their wittiest jokes. Man those are some funny quips guys, keep it up.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

Kobra Kommandant

- Superbowl XXXV -
Ravens 35, Giants 7

Opinionated posted:

Yeah I don't think it was a good idea to post this here. You guys did a decent job I think for 2 people, but this isn't the best place to brainstorm your alpha MMO.

At least we get an added bonus of the posting super stars spewing out their wittiest jokes. Man those are some funny quips guys, keep it up.

You could leave at any time.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching

Opinionated posted:

Don't be so boring man.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

I just wanted to thank you for putting MMORPG in your thread title so I know you're talking about an MMO in the MMO forum. Thank you for doing that and for having slutty nuns in your op.

Nauta
Jan 20, 2007

titansoftime posted:

I'm sorry you hated it so much. It would have been helpful to know what you didn't like so I can attempt to fix it. 3D browser games are a new thing and it will be a while till their graphics can compete with client games.

everything

the controls, camera etc. are poo poo. and everything randombattle said.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The Great Saiyaman is Super Groovin! It's a level beyond mere groovin!

Wow. I can tell already. This game, THIS GAME, is the WoW killer of my wet dreams.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.

I'm always the guy who feels bad for newbies.
Here's what you should do - don't try to push or market the game - you started with a feature list that was right out of a brochure from the 90's.

Try being a bit humble first, not last.

Be aware that you will get some very cruel responses no matter what. But in there you should see what is triggering them. The fact your female cleric/nun character is basically a rubber fetish cartoon is one problem. That's not a good nor unique art direction to go into. Before you start with the "hundreds of quests" listings, try asking for specifics in critiques - are they laid out well? Do the quests tend to be nondescript or do some of them appear to be interesting in their mechanics?

You might have started with a lore and setting summary. Try to describe why your game is fun, not how cool it is there's no download. It is commendable that you and one other person have decided to go all in and try your hand at producing a game. That takes a lot of hard work.

Your presentation of your work isn't helpful though. And I'm afraid you might become bitter due to your close identification with your work and the rather bare-knuckle criticisms you will get here. Try acting on some of the implied critiques - like removing the incessant marketing spam in your combat window. Perhaps list some things you will try to fix - maybe starting with the leather rubber fetish nun getup. And show how you are honestly trying to get your game into a state that is fun.

I sincerely hope you don't get too discouraged and somehow get things into shape so that goons can have fun with this.

Biowarfare
Nov 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT BEING NEXON AMERICA'S ONLY SYSADMIN

1) did you really steal all of your music from other games? like, really?

http://ytmnd.com/assets/373fd6f09ad...d1cec6ef64beaf9
http://www.titansoftime.com/sounds/music/zelda.mp3

2) how do I report security issues (like your login and registration forms being SQL injectable, and ability for full database compromise)?

great game A+++ thanks ! very innovative with 3d WEBGL!

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

I played for two minutes before giving up. The fact that you have a game playable in the browser with no plugin download and a 15 second loading time is commendable. Unfortunately, that's about the only good thing I can say; the game resembles an early alpha of something made fifteen years ago in a shareware game creator studio. Even for free-to-play games, the bar is much, much higher nowadays.

So long, nice try.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Louisgod posted:

-Your female avatars need larger tits, possibly with nipples poking through the dress. Have you thought of creating an avatar that looks 12 that has huge, massive anime tits? I've heard this works really well.

You know, they have a unique chance here to be bold and do that AND give her a massive dick. They could make some serious inroads with the lbgt community.

Kelp Plankton
Aug 5, 2007

My CoX will forever blast giant streams of liquid!

I have compiled a list of things that make MMOs better and I think you should consider adding them because it would be cool.

1: Arm length sliders. One for each arm. It is important to have long arms and tiny arms but consider the option of one long arm and one tiny arm? No other game lets you do this, because of the shackles of the industry. Could really break some new ground in terms of arm slider technology and trends here.

2: Robots. Regardless of setting you really need to get some robots in there. Maybe from the future? Alternate universe? Workshop it a little. They should be a selectable race and a class, so you can be a Robot Priest or a Elf Robot, or even a Robot Robot if you think you can handle it.

3: Pokemon. Pikachu is really cute, you know? Lots of people clamoring for a Pokemon MMO. Get some in there, should help shake things up a bit. I saw someone make a pokemon for the iPhone so they must be easy to get permission to add.

4: Character physical size tied to their level. The higher your level the taller and more buff you get. Easy way to show other players how badass you are. For wizards it can just be their beard getting longer, unless they are a wizard specializing in punches, which should also be a class option. You can use this to gate content by making stairs too big to climb up until you're tall enough, or doorways that you can only enter when you're a low level.

5: /pizza speaks for itself but you could really take it to the next level by having an in-game pizza delivery service come give your character some delicious delivery pizza at the same time it arrives to the player's house. Players can eat dinner together with their avatar and post pictures of it online (both in real life and in-game)

6: Oversized sunglasses. Big microtransaction potential.

7: Return to form for payment plans. Lots of games these days are ditching the Free To Play formula and going back to Monthly Fees. You can do better. Go back to the days of dialup and charge players by the hour, in addition to an ongoing long distance fee based on where they're connecting from. Players will find it charmingly old-school and say "yes, I remember the 90s too!"

8: Microtransactions for nudity. People want this, they'll mod it in on their own anyway, might as well profit off of it.

9: Time-limited cosmetic items. I and everyone I know love to pay upwards of twenty dollars for something that lasts maybe a week at the most, over and over so we can keep our characters looking the way we want as we rapidly run out of money. You might consider making characters themselves based around time-limited transactions- imagine how much money you could make if someone had to pay five dollars every time they wanted to log in on a different character! You'd be rolling in the money.

If you want more great feedback feel free to contact me via PM, and make sure to like, subscribe, favorite, and retweet.

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

Opinionated posted:

I knew what I was getting myself into in this regard lol. Hey they say any publicity is good publicity. I was looking for some raw yet constructive feedback, and indeed I got some =]

randombattle posted:

I dunno there's something about this game.
I know I play like every single mmo ever but something about slutty nuns and unreal 1 maps makes me not want to.
Plus those quests just seem so great!
Who wouldn't want to kill X of Y forever.

Agreed this needs to be pulled for now. This is a remnant when we were "live" in 2D a while ago. Though this only appears on your combat log once every hour. Did you seriously just sit there for 7 hours lol?

Gynovore posted:

I played for two minutes before giving up. The fact that you have a game playable in the browser with no plugin download and a 15 second loading time is commendable. Unfortunately, that's about the only good thing I can say; the game resembles an early alpha of something made fifteen years ago in a shareware game creator studio. Even for free-to-play games, the bar is much, much higher nowadays.

So long, nice try.

Thank you for the one compliment lol seriously. We are constantly making updates to various facets of the game. What did you find the most unappealing?

Republicanus posted:

I'm always the guy who feels bad for newbies.
Here's what you should do - don't try to push or market the game - you started with a feature list that was right out of a brochure from the 90's.

Try being a bit humble first, not last.

Be aware that you will get some very cruel responses no matter what. But in there you should see what is triggering them. The fact your female cleric/nun character is basically a rubber fetish cartoon is one problem. That's not a good nor unique art direction to go into. Before you start with the "hundreds of quests" listings, try asking for specifics in critiques - are they laid out well? Do the quests tend to be nondescript or do some of them appear to be interesting in their mechanics?

You might have started with a lore and setting summary. Try to describe why your game is fun, not how cool it is there's no download. It is commendable that you and one other person have decided to go all in and try your hand at producing a game. That takes a lot of hard work.

Your presentation of your work isn't helpful though. And I'm afraid you might become bitter due to your close identification with your work and the rather bare-knuckle criticisms you will get here. Try acting on some of the implied critiques - like removing the incessant marketing spam in your combat window. Perhaps list some things you will try to fix - maybe starting with the leather rubber fetish nun getup. And show how you are honestly trying to get your game into a state that is fun.

I sincerely hope you don't get too discouraged and somehow get things into shape so that goons can have fun with this.

Heh, you may a point here.

Biowarfare posted:

1) did you really steal all of your music from other games? like, really?

http://ytmnd.com/assets/373fd6f09ad...d1cec6ef64beaf9
http://www.titansoftime.com/sounds/music/zelda.mp3

2) how do I report security issues (like your login and registration forms being SQL injectable, and ability for full database compromise)?

great game A+++ thanks ! very innovative with 3d WEBGL!

The first link I'm not sure what that is, the file isn't found. The second, I just used that to demo it for my cousin, it is not live and actually played in game unless you pull up assets manually. The database is not injectable. The data is cleaned server side.

For those of you who actually said something useful, thank you. The rest, it's not like I don't get it, hate away.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

titansoftime posted:

Agreed this needs to be pulled for now. This is a remnant when we were "live" in 2D a while ago. Though this only appears on your combat log once every hour. Did you seriously just sit there for 7 hours lol?

gently caress no you think I would play something this awful for any length of time? It appears twice in your screenshot.

Do you really not understand why anyone might not have anything positive to say about something that looks terrible, plays worse than it looks, and to top it all off is going to have pay to win garbage? Who is this for? Why would anyone play an awful p2w mmo with titty nuns?

Congratulations though you are slightly more competent then bestow ever was in that you actually made a thing however unfortunately this is not kindergarten and you don't get a pat on the back for trying. You haven't addressed a single issue that anyone has brought up other then WELL IT'S JUST TWO PEOPLE MAKING IT and I EXPECTED THIS LOL. You keep saying I WANT CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK like that is somehow going to make everyone not call out something that is clearly garbage. Well except you clearly don't want criticism of any kind and clearly just want people to tell you how awesome you are for doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titansoftime
Feb 4, 2014

randombattle posted:

gently caress no you think I would play something this awful for any length of time? It appears twice in your screenshot.

Do you really not understand why anyone might not have anything positive to say about something that looks terrible, plays worse than it looks, and to top it all off is going to have pay to win garbage? Who is this for? Why would anyone play an awful p2w mmo with titty nuns?

Congratulations though you are slightly more competent then bestow ever was in that you actually made a thing however unfortunately this is not kindergarten and you don't get a pat on the back for trying. You haven't addressed a single issue that anyone has brought up other then WELL IT'S JUST TWO PEOPLE MAKING IT and I EXPECTED THIS LOL. You keep saying I WANT CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK like that is somehow going to make everyone not call out something that is clearly garbage. Well except you clearly don't want criticism of any kind and clearly just want people to tell you how awesome you are for doing this.

You sound angry.

«3 »