Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Robawesome posted:

it's a bit of a seriouspost i know but

if i had millions to waste i think i'd be looking at a bitpay competitor that works with bitcoin and alternative cryptos, and also somehow easily incorporates newer cryptos as they're released. bitcoin is a garbage system for idiots but cryptocurrencies in general do have a marginal, niche use in micropayments and maybe corner stores for cheap, riskless transactions. if indeed cryptocurrencies are capable of saving merchants a couple dollars on debit or credit card fees, why not use them? if a crypto can send money overseas cheaper than WU or whatever then there's money to be made there.

make a crypto pegged to the USD with unlimited supply, totally compliant with regulators, with chargebacks (or without with a limited market) and pitch that + the POS system to businesses

thoughts from the peanut gallery?

google will be doing this in a couple of years anyway, and it won't be in any fake-rear end currency, it'll just be dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

My Linux Rig posted:

no loving poo poo what do you think i've been doing

gonna be rich you fuckers

u got nothing on me, bro

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

google will be doing this in a couple of years anyway, and it won't be in any fake-rear end currency, it'll just be dollars

well, they already are, but only in the US and over emails. If they allow worldwide delivery and stores can accept Googlewallet money through a POS then bitcoin/cryptos are done for everybody but the most extreme endthefed ron paul lunatics and the drug dealers/money launderers

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
grafs 4 lafs

god bless

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Robawesome posted:

it's a bit of a seriouspost i know but

if i had millions to waste i think i'd be looking at a bitpay competitor that works with bitcoin and alternative cryptos, and also somehow easily incorporates newer cryptos as they're released. bitcoin is a garbage system for idiots but cryptocurrencies in general do have a marginal, niche use in micropayments and maybe corner stores for cheap, riskless transactions. if indeed cryptocurrencies are capable of saving merchants a couple dollars on debit or credit card fees, why not use them? if a crypto can send money overseas cheaper than WU or whatever then there's money to be made there.

make a crypto pegged to the USD with unlimited supply, totally compliant with regulators, with chargebacks (or without with a limited market) and pitch that + the POS system to businesses

thoughts from the peanut gallery?

you have literally learned nothing from this thread. go back to page 1 and start reading from the beginning and if your opinion still hasn't changed by the time you reach the end again then just kill you are self

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Robawesome posted:

well, they already are, but only in the US and over emails. If they allow worldwide delivery and stores can accept Googlewallet money through a POS then bitcoin/cryptos are done for everybody but the most extreme endthefed ron paul lunatics and the drug dealers/money launderers

yeah, so in a couple of years, like i said. you're talking about something that's barely a minor inconvenience already. nobody needs alternate currencies.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Robawesome posted:

good point

your welcome

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

butt with btc

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

The Management posted:

you have literally learned nothing from this thread. go back to page 1 and start reading from the beginning and if your opinion still hasn't changed by the time you reach the end again then just kill you are self

no, no i think im indeed just going a little crazy. i know its barely worth doing and micropayments are a laughably small market but someone's gotta fill that gap and god drat if its going to be idiot bitcoiner libertarians

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

DrPossum posted:

butt with btc
the difference between a bitcoiner and a cat is that you actually feel sorry for the cat when it does something stupid

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ArchWizard posted:

the difference between a bitcoiner and a cat is that you actually feel sorry for the cat when it does something stupid
--a person who clearly has never owned a cat

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

We'll pay you 0.001 BTC for each new job that pays in bitcoin. Please help us grow the bitcoin employment market. (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 13 minutes ago by lesliebarry

We need more jobs that pay in bitcoin. We have many freelancers prepared to earn in bitcoin, but jobs seem hard to find. Help us help you by adding your jobs to Qoina.com and we'll pay you 0.001 BTC for ALL approved jobs. Thanks for the suggestions and support since we launched earlier this week. The response has been fantastic! Bitcoin rules.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The MtGox's drama is the new Waterloo's battle. Remember how the Rothschilds took control over the Central Bank of England back in 1815? MtGox or someone in collusion with them may be trying to take control of the Bitcoin's economy in 2014 almost 200y later, I believe. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 8 minutes ago* by cryptog

I have the feeling that MtGox or someone in collusion with MtGox is engineering a panik sell right now. And I want to draw a compelling parallel with the battle of Waterloo and the Rothschilds.
The story is as follows:
(A): Watterloo's battle
The Rothschilds (1) knew in advance that the French has lost the battle (2). They started to sell off huge quantity of stocks (3) of the Central Bank of England. That caused a panic sell among British holders (4). Just before the official agents of the government got the news of the French defeat (5), the Rothschilds bought back the stocks for peanuts. That gave them complete control of the British economy (6).
The possible parallel that we could draw is as follows:
(B): MtGox's drama
MtGox or someone in collusion with them (1) knew in advance that they were solvent and that the bitcoin withdrawals would be renabled (2). They started to sell off huge quantity of bitcoins (3). That caused a panic sell among Bitcoins holders (4). Just before announcing that they were renabling the withdrawals (5), MtGox or the people in collusion with them bought back the bitcoins for peanuts. That gave them complete control of the Bitcoin economy (6).
Some possible differences between scenario (A) and (B) If (1) is not MtGox or someone in collusion with them, it is at least someone with insider information. If (6) is not completed control of the Bitcoin economy, it is at least a good chunk.
I believe MtGox is solvent and will renable withdrawals ultimately. But I also believe that the MtGox drama is an attack on Bitcoins and an attempt to take control of the Bitcoin's economy.
Your thoughts?
EDIT: space

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Robawesome posted:

We'll pay you 0.001 BTC for each new job that pays in bitcoin. Please help us grow the bitcoin employment market. (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 13 minutes ago by lesliebarry

We need more jobs that pay in bitcoin. We have many freelancers prepared to earn in bitcoin, but jobs seem hard to find. Help us help you by adding your jobs to Qoina.com and we'll pay you 0.001 BTC for ALL approved jobs. Thanks for the suggestions and support since we launched earlier this week. The response has been fantastic! Bitcoin rules.

haha, that's like...50 cents if we're being generous

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

haha, that's like...50 cents if we're being generous

So you offer people 25 cents to do something stupid/menial and earn a quick and easy 25 cents per job posting

guys...

BanjoFish
Nov 24, 2007
MtGox protesters are taking questions via livestream right now. Tune in for non-stop action: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mtgox-protest

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Robawesome posted:

no, no i think im indeed just going a little crazy. i know its barely worth doing and micropayments are a laughably small market but someone's gotta fill that gap and god drat if its going to be idiot bitcoiner libertarians

gently caress you, in case you didnt get it the first time

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The MtGox's drama is the new Waterloo's battle. Remember how the Rothschilds took control over the Central Bank of England back in 1815? MtGox or someone in collusion with them may be trying to take control of the Bitcoin's economy in 2014 almost 200y later, I believe. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 8 minutes ago* by cryptog

I have the feeling that MtGox or someone in collusion with MtGox is engineering a panik sell right now. And I want to draw a compelling parallel with the battle of Waterloo and the Rothschilds.
The story is as follows:
(A): Watterloo's battle
The Rothschilds (1) knew in advance that the French has lost the battle (2). They started to sell off huge quantity of stocks (3) of the Central Bank of England. That caused a panic sell among British holders (4). Just before the official agents of the government got the news of the French defeat (5), the Rothschilds bought back the stocks for peanuts. That gave them complete control of the British economy (6).
The possible parallel that we could draw is as follows:
(B): MtGox's drama
MtGox or someone in collusion with them (1) knew in advance that they were solvent and that the bitcoin withdrawals would be renabled (2). They started to sell off huge quantity of bitcoins (3). That caused a panic sell among Bitcoins holders (4). Just before announcing that they were renabling the withdrawals (5), MtGox or the people in collusion with them bought back the bitcoins for peanuts. That gave them complete control of the Bitcoin economy (6).
Some possible differences between scenario (A) and (B) If (1) is not MtGox or someone in collusion with them, it is at least someone with insider information. If (6) is not completed control of the Bitcoin economy, it is at least a good chunk.
I believe MtGox is solvent and will renable withdrawals ultimately. But I also believe that the MtGox drama is an attack on Bitcoins and an attempt to take control of the Bitcoin's economy.
Your thoughts?
EDIT: space

um have you guys ever thought that maybe JEWS are the reason????

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
mtgox is this generations Auschwitz

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

kiwid posted:

that second paragraph is the best

hungry hungry hobo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
speaking of hungry hungry hobos what ever happened with sean's outpost? did more hobos die? did the authorities finally kick all the hobos out of the swamp?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Here you go thread.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 21, 2014

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

SynthOrange posted:

Here you go thread.

nice!

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Mt Gox has climbed up 17% in the last half hour (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 8 minutes ago by andyrowe

To the rooftop?

Update

Now up 40% since midnight EST.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

SynthOrange posted:

Here you go thread.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Here you go thread.

lol

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

SynthOrange posted:

Here you go thread.

i thought last week was great

but this week's even better :)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Here you go thread.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Joementum posted:

nobody pointed this out in the thread at the time, but NY regulator dude has a fake Bloomberg terminal keyboard, which is pretty fuckin' funny

his desk also has terrible ergonomics just look at that poo poo

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
perhaps the takeaway from that picture is that regulating financial services is laughably far down NY's list of funding priorities since the superintendent is a dork in a cramped office with a laughably small desk.

they still found time to laugh at bitcoin, though

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

SynthOrange posted:

Here you go thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

SynthOrange posted:

Here you go thread.
didn't you also do the spinning dominic deegan heads? those owned. :)

• Locked thread