Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:siren: Purchase the alpha here! :siren: Note: You must buy either the Trailblazer or Explorer pack to play the alpha.

What is Landmark?
Landmark is Sony Online Entertainment's newest installment in the EverQuest series. As of now, it is basically Minecraft on steroids, allowing you to harvest, craft, and create almost anything you want in a voxel based world. It works by placing a claim to a piece of land, which then becomes yours, and building poo poo on it that you've mined, harvested, and crafted. Now in alpha, Dave Georgeson is heading the team with almost unprecedented transparency and communication with the player base.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjvYIV4B5jg

Features:
  • Adventure in a voxel-based world with your friends and guildmates
  • Mine and harvest ores, metals, trees, flora, and more
  • Crafting similar in depth to Vanguard and Everquest 2 (coming soon)
  • Build dicks, castles, dungeons, fortresses, ruins, mines, whatever your imagination can think of
  • Building not limited to fantasy. Can build sci-fi and real world stuff too.
  • Use tools such as Selection (allows you to select and duplicate multiple voxels), Paint (place many voxels at once), Heal (allows you to "heal the land" as it was when the server came up), Smooth (surfaces don't have to be blocky and can look natural and rounded!)
  • Build using sand, dirt, grass, stone, wood, metal, gemstone, and more
  • Work together on a project by setting permissions on your claim of land
  • Choose a combat class and fight monsters for some reason (coming soon)
  • Create your own NPC interactions and quests, build an MMO! (coming probably not so soon)
  • Make stuff for EverQuest Next by participating in contests
  • Music by Jeremy Soule :swoon:

What does this game have in common with EQ/EQ2?
Not a drat thing! :thumbsup:

What is Landmark's relationship with EverQuest Next?
EverQuest Next is being built concurrently with the same engine and assets. Essentially, the developers are using the same tools to build EQN as the player has available in Landmark. In fact, from time to time, SOE will be hosting contests where they will encourage players to build something (think inns, bridges, castles) and they'll pick one to be put into EQN.

Whats in development?
SOE is being pretty ambitious about what they want to see in Landmark. Sometime during alpha and beta, they will be adding a class system, crafting specializations, mobs, combat, AI scripting tools, quest creation tools, and more. They've said that they want the players to basically be able to make their own MMO from Landmark's tools.

Examples of what can be built in-game:
Ruins!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1hFEl1zlSM

Change the landscape!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTDxE5yyYzM

More Ruins!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5sl37_LFoQ

DicksStructures!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qupQ3ZOmEO4

The devs are constantly communicating through Twitter, follow these guys especially:
@EQNLandmark
@j_smedley
@DaveGeorgeson
@omeeddariani
@DexellaCM

Screenshots

So, talk about Landmark, :soe:'s handling of it, and post your dick castles!

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alpha
You can buy a Founder's Pack to get alpha access NOW. To do this go here. The Founder's Packs come in three kinds, two of which get immediate access to the alpha.

:siren: DOES NOT HAVE ALPHA ACCESS :siren:
  • Unlimited closed beta access
  • Settler Flag item
  • Founder's Pickaxe
  • Title: Founder
  • Forum title: Founder

• All items from Settler Pack, plus:
  • Alpha access
  • Explorer Flag item
  • Ring of Bounty
  • Mega Pocket
  • Courtier's Regalia
  • Tech Sergeant's Gear

• All items from Settler and Explorer packs, plus:
  • Alpha access
  • Trailblazer Flag item
  • Mastercraft Bracer
  • Void Vault
  • Noble's Regalia
  • Tech Commander's Gear
  • 4 shareable closed beta keys
  • Your name in the EQNL credits

Click here for the official alpha forums

Once You're In
Don't worry about which server you pick, because you can travel to any of the servers once you've created your character. Serenity is probably your best bet though, since it's the newest by 3 days and has more land to claim. UPDATE: Serenity is mostly full now, but it's still your best bet. Never to fear, there are more servers on deck for the coming weeks. You can use anyone's crafting stations in the meantime, and maybe even a kind goon will let you build on their claim until you get your own.

Tips
  • Claims are confusing as hell to place right now. When they tested this internally, there were maybe 15 people to a map and it wasn't an issue. With thousands of people, the map is one giant clusterfuck of claim "buffer" areas. They are working on fixing this as soon as this week. Soon, instead of the confusing 3D buffer zone squares, your map will show red for areas you can't claim and blue for areas you can.
  • Don't worry about which tier or zone your claim is in. It's very easy to travel from one tier to another, assuming you don't crash while loading.
  • If you can't find a claim and find yourself getting frustrated, just relax and mine some ore and cut down some trees. Use someone's crafting stations in the meantime to upgrade your tools and make your own crafting stations for when you do get a claim.
  • Certain tools don't work/character just holds arm out. Relogging usually fixes this issue.
  • Voxels reset after server resets. Hopefully won't happen anymore, but just in case, if you build something worthwhile: template your poo poo!
  • Burled wood is hard to get. Crafting a higher quality axe will help some.
  • Follow Twitter. The devs are really cool about posting what seems like every 5 minutes to update us when they've done anything or are about to do anything.
  • Here is a list of current crafting recipes! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QkqPHnG1JckUWZanT9Mm8yjanGCIS_kheYae49fuo8o/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

Goons

Kenny Rogers posted:

• Use CTS Mumble.
  • CTS Mumble Goons are looking to land on Serenity/Pingo in general.
  • Picks aren't bound, so ask goons to give you their old ones.

Also, join us on #EQLandmark on synirc!

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 6, 2014

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
* Use CTS Mumble.
* Use /join EQNLGoons in game.
* CTS Mumble Goons are looking to land on Serenity/Pingo in general.
* Picks aren't bound, so ask goons to give you their old ones.
* Where you put your claim doesn't matter. It's easy to move from one Tier Island to another at the central Hub.
* Add this Twitter List to your Tweetdeck or whatever. It's got the bulk of the project VIPs on it, and it is the most timely source for information about updates, uptime, downtime, bugs, etc.

I sometimes stream.
Shinino streams when his poo poo's not all hosed up.
Al Borland's stream
Flarestar's stream

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 7, 2014

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Kenny Rogers posted:

* Use CTS Mumble.
* CTS Mumble Goons are looking to land on Serenity/Pingo in general.

I was on there the other day but now I am just getting connection timed out. What I am I doing wrong?

edit nevermind I fixed it, I had an extra space.

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 5, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Washington if you wanna add it we have #EQLandmark on synirc for an irc channel too.

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF1_Kssab98

This video is an accurate representation of the game in its current state. Burled wood :arghfist:

Al no one uses that channel. Everyone in in #eqnext where people actually talk.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I found a spot I can stand where two of the largest trees slightly overlap, so I just set a mouse macro and have been chopping without interruption for over an hour as their respawn is staggered but they always pop back up in the same spot. It feels dirty but burled wood, so...

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Currently streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/shinino FYI.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
You may quickly find that you lag like a sonofabitch in this Alpha.

Go to UserOptions.ini and tweak your render distance - I limited to 4000, and this helped me a lot.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Just now:

@DaveGeorgeson posted:

Well...we did a little sleuthing...and MANY people have more than one claim. Tsk, tsk. That's not going to fly. Forum post incoming.
To those with more than one claim: You have been warned. Pay heed, please.
https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark/index.php?threads/to-those-of-you-with-more-than-one-claim.11558/
There's about 330 of you with more than one claim.
We know who you are. We see all. :)

(Forum Post Text)
You're going to lose all of them but one.
At this stage in the test, you're only supposed to have one claim.
So take my advice. Consolidate your stuff to one claim right now. Not a bluff.
Not tonight, but the VERY next time that we outage the servers, we are going to reduce every player back down to one claim flag.
So if you want to control which claim you keep, then I advise you to Delete your extra claims and leave yourself with only one before we do the consolidation.
Otherwise, it will be random.
Your choice. One claim. That's all folks. No more until we officially allow it.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 7, 2014

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Well. Goodbye to that extra claim flag.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kinda dumb how mean they're being about it. Some people placed a second claim simply because they couldn't find their first and assumed it had been wiped or disappeared. If they're going to get all uppity about second claims, they should at least fix the bug that causes claims to disappear randomly. The first comments they've made which have hit a sour note with me.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

crabcakes66 posted:

Well. Goodbye to that extra claim flag.

David Georgeson ‏@DaveGeorgeson 3m
If you have more than one claim flag, there's no issues. Just exercise restraint until we say it's okay to use it, please. :)

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Where the heck do I find Tourmaline?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

E: sorry for the doublepost.

I also tend to do a lot of streaming over at http://www.twitch.tv/allborland/
for those interested. Won't be at it much longer tonight though.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
posted twenty minutes ago.

"@terryjmichaels 22m
Servers down in 20 minutes for update! Serenity is on the way!"

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

joebob posted:

posted twenty minutes ago.

"@terryjmichaels 22m
Servers down in 20 minutes for update! Serenity is on the way!"

SERENITY NOW!

couldn't resist...

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here are the update notes!

From Terry Michaels:
  • Fixed a number of client and server crashes to help improve stability
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the loss of half of the voxel changes players were making around the world!
  • Fixed an issue in character create and character select where you had to select a different server and then select the server you really wanted to ensure you started on the right world.
  • Fixed a problem with the Alpha Potion not properly working after you logged out or moved between worlds. The potion should now work as intended.
  • Fixed a bug that would cause players to lose props when using “cut” or “delete” with a selection volume.
  • There is currently an issue where sometimes props you’ve placed in your claim disappear from the world. We’re still trying to find the root of the problem, but in the meantime we have something to help the situation. Now, if you go to the island your claim is on, it will attempt to refund any items the game has data about that have disappeared. If you placed more than one of an item, you’ll only get one back unfortunately.
  • Fixed a bug where sometimes when you activated a building tool (often delete or heal) it would act like you should be able to use it but no cursor would show up.
  • Fixed an issue where the map and claims placement view would “accumulate” data as you moved from island to island. This made it impossible to see the true state of any given island without logging out and back in.
  • Fixed some issues with the starting movie so that now you can alt-tab in and out of it without locking down your desktop. So now you can make Dave smaller…now if only his voice started going higher and higher as he got smaller and smaller…
  • Fixed an issue when switching between tools where sometimes you had to try to equip the new tool twice.
  • Fixed an issue that could result in claims being lost if they were created shortly before a zone crashed.
  • Added an option for Y-axis Invert.
  • Added loot notifications anytime you get something. So now, you’ll see what you crafted, what you got from the bags rewarded by using the sifter, and any other way you receive items in the game!
  • We’ve disabled salvaging while we tune the amount of resources returned when salvaging something.
  • We’ve reduced the time a voxel placed outside your claim stays in the world. Down from 1 hour to 1 minute.
  • Added a new command on the Main Menu (escape menu) called “Evac to Safety”. This is useful if you happen to get stuck in places you shouldn’t be…
  • Characters will now show their equipment in Character Select.
  • Changed the zoom in effect during character create to be centered on the eyes.
  • The Founder’s Pickaxe now has the appropriate particle effect playing on it. Oooo, prettier shiny!
  • Updated the visuals for other players’ names.
  • Fixed a number of issues with cursors not updating properly as you move the mouse around.
  • Fixed some problems where multiple key presses at the same time could result in incorrect behavior.
  • Fixed a problem with broken tooltips for some items and crafting recipes.
  • Added the proper model to the Vault (NOT the Founder’s Vault) and renamed it Rustic Stone Vault.
  • Removed “Natural” from the names of Amaranthine, Alabaster, Marble and Obsidian.
  • Added a maximum range for emotes so they aren’t seen from halfway across the zone.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Droid Washington posted:

Here are the update notes!

From Terry Michaels:

Sadly, no news on rerolled characters and founders items :smith:

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

(from the previous thread:)

Cyclomatic posted:

Honestly, they very likely give zero fucks about what the current drop rate of burled wood is. They might say otherwise because they are being polite, but behind close doors they give no fucks. They give no fucks because that is something to fix in beta after the feature lock. The drop rate of wood is not a feature.

They should be caring that people just don't seem to like the act of harvesting wood itself. That says the feature as implemented is not working and needs to be re-implemented. The mechanic whereby you harvest wood is a feature.

Adjusting the drop rate of wood in an alpha is wasted work. If that drop rate is tied to an implementation of a feature that doesn't work and is going to be ripped out and replaced with a new implementation (or possibly dropped altogether, or impacted by another source of wood from a feature that hasn't yet been implemented), you've just wasted all the time spent fiddling with a drop rate that doesn't make any sense with the new implementation.

Things like the building tools being crafted are also not features. The functionality of the building tool itself is the feature. Adjusting how the feature is accessed in a way that the user likes best is a beta issue. Deciding that you do or do not have a set of tools that does everything you want for building is an alpha decision. If the smoother doesn't smooth right or is inherently difficult to use, you can't lock the feature because you are not done building it. If the smoother shouldn't be crafted, it moves a bit too fast in response to mouse movements, it is the wrong color, and one of the movement axis are flipped, but everyone agrees that it smooths things as smooth as anyone would ever want a thing smoothed: lock it and sort it out in beta.

I totally agree that drop rates and such shouldn't be fine-tuned in an alpha, especially when more features are expected to go in that will change how the game is played. However, what can (and should) be done is a broad-stroke adjustment: if the general complaint is that it takes way too long to gather wood, crank up the gather rate until enough people stop complaining, then go back to implementing features.

What is particularly concerning to me is that I haven't heard any assurance from the devs that they're listening to our feedback and are planning on making changes. They're describing an "open" development process, but haven't actually given us a whole lot of information! Personally, I am very much repelled by the boring resource gathering grind, the stereotypical MMO progression of gathering tools (craft a copper pick so that you can gather materials to craft a bronze pick? really?), the hiding of the building user interface behind a tech tree, and the heavy use of RNG in the crafting system. I'm really hoping that these are all placeholder mechanics slapped on top of the claim and building systems in order to keep people playing by sticking them on a treadmill.

I've written up my thoughts (at length) on the alpha forums, as have other people with similar opinions, but there hasn't yet been a comment from an actual developer addressing (or even acknowledging) my concerns. I want some indication that I am not wasting my time (and money) helping alpha-test a game that I will ultimately be disappointed with.

e: On a reread, this post sounds pretty entitled, but I'm leaving it as-is because it's my honest opinion at the moment.

blastron fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 5, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
It definitely has that grind feel I didn't expect at first.I just wanted straight up building. It would be nice if they created a two type style of play where it was just creative mode for those who wanted it on a creative mode server. And explorer's mode for the rest.

Well heck maybe even cross em. Just make the materials bound to each type of server.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Gonna try to get some good real estate near the spires at Plinko or whatever it's called. I'm happy to share the buffer if I get a decent spot I'll let ya'll know.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Gonna try to get some good real estate near the spires at Plinko or whatever it's called. I'm happy to share the buffer if I get a decent spot I'll let ya'll know.

My guy is parked near the teleport thing ready to head to pingo as quick as I can.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Let's make this goonfort the best goonfort.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Let's make this goonfort the best goonfort.

Whens it comin up? I got a claim I need to place.

E: our fortress must be dilapidated and we all live in an unfinished basement.

E: also what tier are you guys going for? I'm thinking 3 is best for long term.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Al Borland posted:

It definitely has that grind feel I didn't expect at first.I just wanted straight up building. It would be nice if they created a two type style of play where it was just creative mode for those who wanted it on a creative mode server. And explorer's mode for the rest.

Well heck maybe even cross em. Just make the materials bound to each type of server.

I actually don't mind having to expend effort to get materials! I am perfectly okay with being stuck building lovely mud huts for the first few days of gameplay, as long as the journey to get to the point where I can build awesome castles is actually fun. Holding down the left mouse button to chop trees or mine metals isn't fun. Crafting an axe, but having to scrap it because you didn't get lucky and it's not the perfect axe isn't fun. Spending hours laying out a wall brick by brick when you could have done it in seconds with a tool you don't start with isn't fun.

I do not understand the mentality that it is okay for MMOs to use boring gameplay as a gating mechanism for the cool stuff.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

blastron posted:

I actually don't mind having to expend effort to get materials! I am perfectly okay with being stuck building lovely mud huts for the first few days of gameplay, as long as the journey to get to the point where I can build awesome castles is actually fun. Holding down the left mouse button to chop trees or mine metals isn't fun. Crafting an axe, but having to scrap it because you didn't get lucky and it's not the perfect axe isn't fun. Spending hours laying out a wall brick by brick when you could have done it in seconds with a tool you don't start with isn't fun.

I do not understand the mentality that it is okay for MMOs to use boring gameplay as a gating mechanism for the cool stuff.

Not not having the scale / copy tool does suck balls. I also hope they add a way to resize textures so you can have smaller stones. Some of the mare just gigantically big when you want a brick house you don't want a brick the size of a car.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Al Borland posted:

Whens it comin up? I got a claim I need to place.

E: our fortress must be dilapidated and we all live in an unfinished basement.

E: also what tier are you guys going for? I'm thinking 3 is best for long term.

Stability aside, since it's so easy to move between islands and also use other peoples' workbenches etc it doesn't really matter where you live. The CTS mumble/vent crew are all trying to land on Serenity / Pingo, so I will try and find a good spot there too.

I'm hoping for a green mountaintop near the teleporter so I can build a small structure above ground and a sprawling complex below ground.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Rasmussen posted:

The CTS mumble

Got a link to the mumble? Can't find it in the OP.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Al Borland posted:

Got a link to the mumble? Can't find it in the OP.

I don't participate, but they have a thread in PGS:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
I only jumped in about an hour before servers went down - what is this ability to teleport between continents of which you speak!?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The big structure in the middle of islands that has a forge lets you teleport between servers and islands by clicking on the big floating crystal.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

blastron posted:

(from the previous thread:)

I totally agree that drop rates and such shouldn't be fine-tuned in an alpha, especially when more features are expected to go in that will change how the game is played. However, what can (and should) be done is a broad-stroke adjustment: if the general complaint is that it takes way too long to gather wood, crank up the gather rate until enough people stop complaining, then go back to implementing features.

What is particularly concerning to me is that I haven't heard any assurance from the devs that they're listening to our feedback and are planning on making changes. They're describing an "open" development process, but haven't actually given us a whole lot of information! Personally, I am very much repelled by the boring resource gathering grind, the stereotypical MMO progression of gathering tools (craft a copper pick so that you can gather materials to craft a bronze pick? really?), the hiding of the building user interface behind a tech tree, and the heavy use of RNG in the crafting system. I'm really hoping that these are all placeholder mechanics slapped on top of the claim and building systems in order to keep people playing by sticking them on a treadmill.

I've written up my thoughts (at length) on the alpha forums, as have other people with similar opinions, but there hasn't yet been a comment from an actual developer addressing (or even acknowledging) my concerns. I want some indication that I am not wasting my time (and money) helping alpha-test a game that I will ultimately be disappointed with.

e: On a reread, this post sounds pretty entitled, but I'm leaving it as-is because it's my honest opinion at the moment.
The Dev Tracker comes up with gems from time to time.
This is pretty transparent...

quote:

You guys are absolutely correct. The systems we have in the game right now are core systems, and not even all of them are in. Things that are considered core systems are harvesting, item creation, claim creation, building, items, item equipping, etc. These are the most basic components to get the game going. During alpha we will be testing out these mechanics to find things we like and things we don't like. Incidentally, this is the phase of development that is my favorite. This is where we go from cool ideas and lots of discussion to actually making the magic happen.

During this phase we will ask questions like:
Does mining feel good and is it interesting?
In some instances yes and in some instances no.
Is chopping down a tree fun?
Not really, except the tree explosion...
How big can our claims be?
Etc
After we answer these questions we will adjust these mechanics and make them feel great, give better feedback, adjust for technological requirements, etc.

After the core systems are thoroughly tested and played with, we will begin to layer on more advanced mechanics. Many of these advanced mechanics are already planned and many will be planned/ adjusted based on feedback we get while playing and while talking to you guys. We then prototype the more advanced systems, put them in and repeat the cycle of playtest, feedback, adjustment.

In fact, I had meetings all day today to discuss many of these new layers of advanced systems (we integrated a bunch of tester feedback, btw). We will be finishing up these documents and filling you guys in at some point soon!

I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful feedback and I am confident that what we bring to the table will be a pretty cool leap forward in the progression and even so, there will be more after that.

Thanks again!
Michael Mann
Lead Systems Designer
EverQuest Next Landmark
https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark/index.php?threads/layered-progression-versus-linear.11147/#post-162403

On Rubberbanding:

quote:

Part of the problem is that some clients are thinking that the zone geometry (used for physics modeling) isn't loaded, when in fact it is. The player model falls through the geometry and the "Save me, I'm under the world!" code I put in is kicking into gear, rubber-banding the player model back to just a few feet/meters above the "top" of the ground at the X,Z location the player was last at.

We haven't tracked down the cause of the problem, yet. There's two other engineers also looking into it with me.
Jason "Rykus" Crawford
Software Engineer, EverQuest Next Landmark team

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 5, 2014

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
If you are complaining that the Devs are not addressing feedback of gameplay mechanics while they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to just get the server and client into a state that is usable then I dunno, I think the problem is with you and not them.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Rasmussen posted:

I don't participate, but they have a thread in PGS:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554

Thank you.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I must have missed that, thanks for pointing it out.

e:

Niedar posted:

If you are complaining that the Devs are not addressing feedback of gameplay mechanics while they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to just get the server and client into a state that is usable then I dunno, I think the problem is with you and not them.

No, right, I get that, it's why I realized my post sounded really entitled right after I made it. I'm mostly just upset with myself for dropping a hundred bucks on something that I'm very disappointed with.

blastron fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Feb 5, 2014

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

blastron posted:

I must have missed that, thanks for pointing it out.

e:

No, right, I get that, it's why I realized my post sounded really entitled right after I made it. I'm mostly just upset with myself for dropping a hundred bucks on something that I'm very disappointed with.
There is no need to be upset.

No, seriously. Contact Customer Service.
http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=33760

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/429325217563820033

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
Chances are while it's in chaos right now, we'll eventually get a lot of time with better and better features. Pretty sure we'll get our money's worth.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Your best bet is to get a refund and begin the grind in earnest with a closed beta key. Resources mined won't be wiped from closed -> open beta -> release for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

Patch is available, servers still down.

• Locked thread