Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Servers are coming back online now. Get your claims!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

RCarr posted:

Anyone know when the servers will be back up?

Right now!

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
If only I had a flag!! :argh:

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Hooray! I have a great looking claim on Draw. Here is the map as of now, and my view:

Draw is Tier 2 and I'm going to set up a simple little hut with crafting stations if anybody is looking for a Tier 2 place to work out of that is close to the portal.

Perick
May 27, 2003
GoonGrrrls = Teh WIN

RCarr posted:

Anyone know when the servers will be back up?

Now.

Annoying Jerk
Feb 19, 2004
so is this game like EverQuest or Minecraft? this is a very import question that will determine if I drop $60

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

It combines the grinding of Everquest with the building of penis towers of Minecraft.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Annoying Jerk posted:

so is this game like EverQuest or Minecraft? this is a very import question that will determine if I drop $60

The OP contains answers specific to this very question!

Annoying Jerk
Feb 19, 2004

Droid Washington posted:

What does this game have in common with EQ/EQ2?
Not a drat thing! :thumbsup:

ugnh my apologies for living up to this username!

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

Good thing are new islands. I lost my claim from this morning. Where is a good place to go?

edit: Great, I don't have a claim flag either.

DevNull fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 6, 2014

Perick
May 27, 2003
GoonGrrrls = Teh WIN

Keshik posted:

Hooray! I have a great looking claim on Draw. Here is the map as of now, and my view:

Draw is Tier 2 and I'm going to set up a simple little hut with crafting stations if anybody is looking for a Tier 2 place to work out of that is close to the portal.

I got a spot just to the left of you. Nice to find some vacancy out here.

WE DOIN IT NOW
Jun 18, 2005

Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon.
Lost my claim from this morning and my claim flag is replaced with a cube with a purple X on it. Any way to get back my flag?

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Perick posted:

I got a spot just to the left of you. Nice to find some vacancy out here.

Sorry buddy, I just moved closer to the portal!

Here, you can see it from the portal. It's just a simple stepped platform with some basic crafting stations at the moment.

That is on the Tier 2 continent of Draw on Serenity if anyone needs a reliable location for all their crafting while leveling up Tier 2.

Keshik fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 6, 2014

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

Keshik posted:

That is on the continent of Draw if anyone needs some crafting stuff close to the portal, I'll be setting up my poo poo for people to use.

Which server?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kelp Plankton posted:

I started building a weird, lovely little cabin just to learn how the construction tools work. They're kind of slow, but they're not too bad. Once I can get the rest of the tools crafted I'll probably be able to do some cool things? But for now, I ran out of wood before I made a roof so my dumb shack has no ceiling. I'll probably tear it all down anyway and build some cool valley ruins or something instead though.

Frog temple's gotta have a frog valley with a forbidden frog ruin, right?

We could use a doobies dog shack.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

WE DOIN IT NOW posted:

Lost my claim from this morning and my claim flag is replaced with a cube with a purple X on it. Any way to get back my flag?

From the SOE forums, it looks like we are hosed until the weekend. I guess I will be sharing stuff.

WE DOIN IT NOW
Jun 18, 2005

Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon.

DevNull posted:

From the SOE forums, it looks like we are hosed until the weekend. I guess I will be sharing stuff.

What happens this weekend? I really don't want to regrind to the silversteel.

Edit: Got it back. I went back to Liberation and to my first ever claim and it was back. I deleted it and got my flag back. Hopefully that works for you.

To scout for it pull up the map and uncheck 'No Permissions'. It should show up on the map if it's there.

WE DOIN IT NOW fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 6, 2014

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Everyone, regardless of alpha status, can now read the alpha forums. You still can't post unless you are a Trailblazer or Explorer. https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnlandmark/index.php

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

My first claim was on alpha_island0016 or whatever. Several people with the same thing have had issues. Our account is flagged for a claim in a zone that doesn't exist.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Has anyone been able to build angled or diagonal cross-supports such as the ones in the OP screenshot of the mech? I don't have the line tool yet, so everything I'm allowed to build has only been able to be 90 degree angles.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I think if a tree has some branches that dip into your claim it will instantly respawn after you harvest it.

I don't know if it's an exploit but I'm just going to hit this big tree while watching a movie and drown myself in burled wood.

Edit: For the sake of science I will log my progress:
10:35pm: 730 Burled wood. Starting movie.
11:33pm: 1981 Burled wood

~1250 per hour if you just sit there hitting it forever with a regular speed axe.

Also got this. I don't even know how it is good or bad.

Jean Eric Burn fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 6, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
About to begin my quest to build frog temple once more. This time I'm building a pick to mine iron with.
http://www.twitch.tv/allborland

for those who want to watch me fail horribly.

E: also if anyone can spare a pick thats better much appreciated.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland posted:

About to begin my quest to build frog temple once more. This time I'm building a pick to mine iron with.
http://www.twitch.tv/allborland

Turn that music down. You can't even hear the game or you guys talking.

E: I had to turn it off. That music was too terrible I tells ya!

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Well, I can't play until they get my poo poo fixed, so you guys have fun.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Okay, so. I had a tree on my claim. I wanted to move it, but couldn't figure out how to move it. So I selected 'Pick up', and the tree disappeared. It went... nowhere? How the heck do I get it back? ;.;

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SymfonyMan posted:

Turn that music down. You can't even hear the game or you guys talking.

E: I had to turn it off. That music was too terrible I tells ya!

Didn't realize it was that loud :/ turned it down to 10%

Don't know how much longer I'll be streaming tonight.

Bob Log
May 19, 2004

Hey, It's Bob Log
So in being able to control your environment and self/surroundings/create automated self-reliant things; How does this compare to the Second Life sandbox w/Item scripting? (Scale 1-10?) I'm gathering this is more akin to minecraft in that you can only interact pre-built game elements with pre-built game elements in a predetermined manner to get a predetermined outcome?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Nothing is missing from my claim today. It is a good day! Although it still says I have claims where I don't, and don't where I do.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Bob Log posted:

So in being able to control your environment and self/surroundings/create automated self-reliant things; How does this compare to the Second Life sandbox w/Item scripting? (Scale 1-10?) I'm gathering this is more akin to minecraft in that you can only interact pre-built game elements with pre-built game elements in a predetermined manner to get a predetermined outcome?

Minecraft is a deceptively complicated benchmark to compare to.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Bob Log posted:

So far there is no scripting or automation at all, but it might be added in the future.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone crafted a Gold Axe, and is it better at harvesting Burled Wood than a copper one?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Droid Washington posted:

Has anyone crafted a Gold Axe, and is it better at harvesting Burled Wood than a copper one?

It's supposed to roll higher stats than copper, but a blue copper axe will almost always be better than a green gold axe from what I've seen. I managed to make a 105 speed blue copper axe with 90+ damage so I don't think I'm beating that in a hurry.

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

Prophecy120 posted:

Has anyone been able to build angled or diagonal cross-supports such as the ones in the OP screenshot of the mech? I don't have the line tool yet, so everything I'm allowed to build has only been able to be 90 degree angles.

You can make 45 degree slopes without the line tool.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Frog Tower begins construction. Gonna need a lot of emerald for this.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Glad this game got its own thread. EQN and EQNL are two separate entities and should be treated as such.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I would love to make a claim on these beautiful somewhat empty zones, but my claim flag is gone. God drat.

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
Urgh. Elemental Silver is achingly annoying to farm, especially given the fact that my Iron Pick is a dismal piece of crap.

2564 silver, 24 Elemental Silver. gently caress.

That 0.0093% drop rate.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I found that I got better results from surface silver veins. I went around looking for iron and only got nine. I then ran around looking for veins that had silver on the surface leading down to gemstones and I got the remaining 13 I needed in about an hour.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

After finally crafting my tungsten pick and having it turn out less than stellar, I went back to building. Getting the slopes just right on the beams was really tricky. Thank heaven for copy and paste!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So after about 5 or so hours of fooling around with tools and gathering materials I built my first thing.

A rough frog statue still undergoing some touches and improvements. I haven't added the eyes yet but here's two views of it.

The sky is really reflective in its chin it would seem.

When I get more time I plan on working on it some more. I template saved it just in case though.

• Locked thread