Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
give the +Aim to Ragnar to make up for his bad Aim.

Tony 'Voodoo' White should instead be named Tony "Tony White" White.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I vote for Ragnar getting all the medals ever because he has the best name.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Stark for Tony, and put that aim medal on Tiny Turtle and the defense one on Sprahl.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Tony "Killstealer" White is the only logical choice.

+Aim Medal on Tiny Turtle, provided that Medals carry over after we take a chainsaw to his arms and legs and replace them with metal bits, +defense on Tony White, since your Snipers ideally shouldn't be getting shot at to begin with, and Assaults and Heavies already have potent defensive abilities in their skill tree.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Aim medal on Tony White to make him a ridiculous kill-stealer, and +Defense on any Support so they get shot at less since you like to put them in Titan instead of Ghost.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Medals will carry over if we MEC Tiny. So if we MEC him we better not give him a +5 defense in cover medal because he will never take cover ever again.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Jade Star posted:

Medals will carry over if we MEC Tiny. So if we MEC him we better not give him a +5 defense in cover medal because he will never take cover ever again.

His badass name overrides practicality in my eyes. He needs a chest full of medals.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Also, I may have just made a twitter account with the sole purpose of tweeting Jake Solomon to see if he'd answer questions and talk about the game. Wish me luck guys.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tony "White Tony" White clearly he's an ex-goodfella.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Tony "White Baron" White shall strike fear into the hearts of our enemies!

Stomperud gets +def, Ragny gets +aim.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
Tossing my vote for Tony "White Baron" White.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

After he "secured" all those kills and was routinely called a ks'er in the missions thus far, how could he be anything but Killstealer?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Does "ButtThumper" fit? He just looks like a ButtThumper to me.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I agree, Tony needs the callsign "Killstealer"

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
What about Tony 'Wight' White?

Ceebees fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 12, 2014

Five
Jan 6, 2009

Tony "Shaloub" White

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Stallion Cabana posted:

give the +Aim to Ragnar to make up for his bad Aim.

Tony 'Voodoo' White should instead be named Tony "Tony White" White.

I have a pet theory that CO Bradford's full name is Brad Ford Bradford, so I support this decision.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
Aim for Tiny Turtle cause he really needs it and Defense for Sprahl because as the only assault she must be preserved.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
Oh, the first few months of XCOM. :allears: I love how frantic and frayed things feel, even on the Geoscape--"Oh crap if that Council mission hits early we're kinda screwed hurry up and heal oh poo poo I forgot to budget for a power station to get another uplink up Vahlen why haven't you tortured lasers out aliens yet ahhh" (although most is pretty controllable after a few playthroughs.) I always liked to imagine things are just bad inside the base--everyone's hotbunking and irritable, basic utilities need constant maintenance as everyone tries to figure out how to live together in this big underground fishbowl that no one thought they'd ever need, the sounds from deeper underground never stop as everyone scrambles to get more facilities online, phones are always ringing in the situation room as every world leader on the planet gets jumpy at the lights outside their window, Bradford hasn't slept in days and is composing haikus to the coffee machine...

Anyway, Tony deserves the nickname Killstealer, Stomperund the sniper could always use the Bonus Buenos Aires Air medal, and given how often Sphral will be seeing enemy fire I think it's best to give her the Taco Defenders badge.

Speaking of medals, is there a cap on how many of them you get? They seemed to be front-loaded towards the game's beginning and fizzle out as I neared the end.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Jade Star posted:

Veloxyll was the only poster to voice an opinion on the Urban Combat Badge, so I took his idea and made it a little less stupid.

I think that is an acceptable modification to his original suggestion to name the bade TacosTacosTacos. Veloxyll also chose the defense power which is the correct choice. We have one of these badges awaiting to be awarded to a soldier.

I am 100% okay with this.
Even if I'm surprised no-one else noticed the second medal. Do you people not WATCH the videos?

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

HaitianDivorce posted:

Speaking of medals, is there a cap on how many of them you get? They seemed to be front-loaded towards the game's beginning and fizzle out as I neared the end.

Yeah theres a limit to how many you get of each type, plus they are only awarded if certain prerequisites are met during a mission. For example the defenders badge can be awarded if someone is gravely wounded or worse during a mission and survives. I believe if a person who has medals dies then you can e rerewarded the medal with the exception of the Star of Terra which is only given once.

Edit:
As does drive thru chat
VVV

SpRahl fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 12, 2014

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Veloxyll posted:

I am 100% okay with this.
Even if I'm surprised no-one else noticed the second medal. Do you people not WATCH the videos?

Yes, but the SS vs SS argument takes precedence. :v:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

SpRahl posted:

Yeah theres a limit to how many you get of each type, plus they are only awarded if certain prerequisites are met during a mission. For example the defenders badge can be awarded if someone is gravely wounded or worse during a mission and survives. I believe if a person who has medals dies then you can e rerewarded the medal with the exception of the Star of Terra which is only given once.

Also if you fire someone who has one you are always permanently down one slot.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Tony "White Tony" White

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Hold me closer, Tony "Danza"!

Private Botch
Jun 16, 2010
What nobody suggested "White Lighting" for the nickname? I am somewhat disappointed.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Private Botch posted:

What nobody suggested "White Lighting" for the nickname? I am somewhat disappointed.

"Black Thunder" :colbert:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Tony "Blackened" White

The whole 'Black & White' possibility is hard to not pass up.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The only nickname request MANDATE I have is the first mech must MUST MUST!!! be named:

Tech Support.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Eifert Posting posted:

The only nickname request MANDATE I have is the first mech must MUST MUST!!! be named:

Tech Support.

I second this.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
I want either Blackened or Killstealer for Mr. White.

Alternatively, rename everyone's last name to a different color and nickname them all 'Mr.' And have them all go out in suits.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
if his nickname is Blackend it would just be 'Tony Blackend', you get the First and the Nickname, not the Nickname and the last, don't you?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Tony "White Tony" White.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Tony "Stark" White Taco defenders medal.
Then put him in archangel armor when you get it researched.

edit: woops, I forgot all the math.
Hilda gets the Bonus Buenos Aim medal.

TheCosmicMuffet fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 12, 2014

kaiten80
Oct 31, 2012
He should be Tony "Ahriman" White in honor of his kill stealing. He should probably get the Bonus Buenos Aires Air Medal to facilitate further kill stealing.

Randomosity
Sep 21, 2003
My stalker WAS watching me...
Tony Walter White

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Tony "Montana" White

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
Got a question for you, Jade:

Firaxis X-Com doesn't have randomly generate battlescapes the way the 90s X-Com did. Rather, it draws from a pool of static maps with randomly picked set spawn points for alien groups. How much of a factor does prior knowledge of a map's layout have on your squad's performance and survival?

Tommy_Blanco
Oct 29, 2011
Tony "Toni Tone" White . He calls his gun Little Walter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third Mission
Feb 18, 2011

PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
Tony clearly needs to let everyone know about his job at all times thusly:

Killstealer

is the only way to go

• Locked thread