Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

There was also a match with me. I think the alcohol/unit imbalance started to take a pretty heavy toll on jade's decision making after that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008
I did like how in the match I did with Jade that night we both tried to screw each other over... and both ended up failing at that.

Olesh posted:

Look, he showed the Round 2 match against me. That just tells you how bad the match against apostate was.

Look I think the thread would enjoy the 87 round Apostate match.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

SpRahl posted:

I did like how in the match I did with Jade that night we both tried to screw each other over... and both ended up failing at that.

Look I think the thread would enjoy the 87 round Apostate match.

It wasn't long, it was just painful. For Jade.

Phrasing.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

apostateCourier posted:

I delivered one, but Jade doesn't want to show it. :v:

Yeaahhh.. I had a MP match that went wrong at every turn. fine I'll convert it to MP4 and get it uploaded =(

Was thinking of doing a less involved skill roulette run until x-com two comes out. It'd be much the same format, but with out really trying to explain mechanics or strategy as heavily. Just for fun and to show off the crazy random poo poo that can happen.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I told you he wasn't going to post the matches

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

GNU Order posted:

I told you he wasn't going to post the matches

He posted the olesh match, which was pretty much the most painful.

Jade Star posted:

Was thinking of doing a less involved skill roulette run until x-com two comes out. It'd be much the same format, but with out really trying to explain mechanics or strategy as heavily. Just for fun and to show off the crazy random poo poo that can happen.

Apparently xcom 2 will have a sort of skill roulette built in iirc. The interviews so far have really been pushing the, "No run will be exactly the same." which was arguably kind of a problem.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Jade Star posted:

Yeaahhh.. I had a MP match that went wrong at every turn. fine I'll convert it to MP4 and get it uploaded =(

As long as you bring back some banjo. I still rewatch that episode.

Saitorr
Dec 23, 2008

YES THE CARPET MATCHES THE DRAPES IN BOTH COLOR AND LENGTH

Jade Star posted:

Uh what? What are you even mad at?

I loaded an ironman game and went forward with the opportunities the game presented me and showed how to make the most of them at every step. Did you want me to stop and reload the entire LP because the game decided to give me an abnormal starting month? I've never before had a run that allowed me to put that many satellites up in the first month so I had to scramble to figure out how to maximize the opportunity. I'm not going to apologize for how the RNG spit things out and I'm not going to let people just attribute the things I did to luck.

I'm sorry you think that's ego.

You aren't the one I was actually making fun of.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

While the multiplayer chat is waning, I would like to apologize for being a smug, egotistical jagoff over total luck during that one MP match, by the way. Words came out bad.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

GuavaMoment posted:

Boosh

open XEW\XComGame\Localization\INT\XcomStrategyGame.int and poke around a bit

Here's an interesting one: my XEW\XComGame\ directory doesn't have a Localization folder. What happens if I C/P the one from my XEU directory?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
How do I change the appearance of my rookies? I want all my starting units to look literally like stormtroopers.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Multiplayer Versus Apostate, Round 3

Where in I am bad at multiplayer, everything goes terribly wrong, and apostate has the perfect squad to deny all of my BS

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

jade fix your game

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

jade fix your game

I just uploaded it so it might not be in full P's, but it's not broken, is it?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

nah it's fine

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Jade Star posted:

Skill roulette is one of the most amazing ways to play this game

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Jake Solomon must have noticed how popular Skill Roulette was because skill-copying is going to be a thing in XCOM 2. So your sniper can pass double-tap onto another character.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Speedball posted:

Jake Solomon must have noticed how popular Skill Roulette was because skill-copying is going to be a thing in XCOM 2. So your sniper can pass double-tap onto another character.

It's probably just how you worded it, but I'm having flashbacks to Fire Emblem: Awakening and carefully considering the pedigree of your soldiers.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Aithon posted:

It's probably just how you worded it, but I'm having flashbacks to Fire Emblem: Awakening and carefully considering the pedigree of your soldiers.

I was having fun with that game up until the point where I realized I could start breeding super soldiers. Then I found myself having problems actually playing.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Don't forget to make sure to pass on only the dominant genes.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Guys, you're giving me Massive Chalice flashbacks, stop iiiiit.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

pun pundit posted:

Don't forget to make sure to pass on only the dominant genes.

I'm pretty sure the recessive genes are secretly better.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm pretty sure the recessive genes are secretly better.

Of course they are, why else would they be harder to pass down?

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Let's be honest here, breeding an army of super-soldiers is fun, but UNLEASHING that army of super-soldiers on a bunch of poor, unsuspecting shmucks is definitely rewarding.

Especially if you do hilarious things like arrange your pairings to maximize availability of Lethality. Because Lethality is hilarious.

But perhaps we're getting off-topic >_>

Not gonna lie though... I'm not entirely convinced that Seeker would have tipped the scales in that Round 3, Jade.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

Let's be honest here, breeding an army of super-soldiers is fun, but UNLEASHING that army of super-soldiers on a bunch of poor, unsuspecting shmucks is definitely rewarding.

Especially if you do hilarious things like arrange your pairings to maximize availability of Lethality. Because Lethality is hilarious.

But perhaps we're getting off-topic >_>

Not gonna lie though... I'm not entirely convinced that Seeker would have tipped the scales in that Round 3, Jade.

The morale hit was audible. It definitely affected his play moving forward. Plus, I was a bastard and took a 4 Smokejumper + 1 Assault list.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Teledahn posted:

Who actually cared about Bradford? Bringing him back is a very bizarre decision.
Maybe he's just absolutely crazy now and he's just in a little room somewhere ranting about the good old days.

You kind of have to provide some continuity with the previous game, while still showing that time has passed. That being the case, Bradford is a pretty logical choice to be the guy who kept things running in the 20 years you've been underground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

apostateCourier posted:

The morale hit was audible. It definitely affected his play moving forward. Plus, I was a bastard and took a 4 Smokejumper + 1 Assault list.

Smokejumpers with LPR and Scopes are great. gotta love that 90 aim on the cheap.

• Locked thread