Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

All I know is when I tried using Squadsight over Snap Shot after playing through the game using only the latter, I got frustrated with how many turns I had to waste positioning the sniper (assuming any given map had good perches at all) and even then rarely getting more than a single shot off before the rest of the team killed off the enemies and I'd have to either reposition the sniper or just leave it in the perch and hope the next batch of aliens that pop up stay in LOS. Only once I got the flying armor was it any fun to use compared to the more mobile option. I'm not sure if difficulty level plays into the choice at all though, since I only ever played classic and never played the base version, but it just wasn't fun to play with like Snap Shot was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread