Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Felinoid posted:

To a point. Moving shifts the seed (I think), and even if you can't do that, you can always take a shot you had no chance at to get another shot with who you really want to hit. Even if everyone's single-moved, if you miss a 90% shot, you can reload, take a 23% shot with someone else to eat that miss, and then give the 90% guy another shot at the RNG. If you were particularly persistent you could map out the minimum accuracy needed for each shot that turn and use it to get the maximum number of hits. It would be horribly boring to play that way, though.

Reloading a save to take the exact same shot over and over again without varying action order is just an exercise in futility, though.

That raises an interesting question, I think: Can you TAS this game? Has anyone tried to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

double nine posted:

Jade, any chance that you and Guava do a couple of multiplayer matches against one another? See whose school of thought - defense vs offense - wins when pitted against each other?

This occurred recently. Ask anyone in Seattle, and they will tell you it's defense.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Make a mech outta
A teensy Tiny Turtle
He will gently caress poo poo up

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Eifert Posting posted:

I kinda want to run a just punching campaign, cheating in unlimited meld and refusing to use any other attack if there's an option.

The aliens invaded just when the transformers integrated into society.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Pvt.Scott posted:

So, low will 55 aim rookie with no equipment as a psi-magnet?

Squaddie Sacrificial "Ol' Saccy" Lamb is a valued member of our team, and I won't have you impugn his abilities.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Squidgy, Fiddly, Lugubrious, Deleterious, Equine.

Biscuit, Wiggler, Bourbon, Shmorky, Lowtax.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

FredMSloniker posted:

'So I hope you did what I did and read that mission name incorrectly in your mind first.' I actually did. For some reason, I thought it said Operation Pretentious Truck. :downs:

Also, yay SHiV! Got two kills and an assist on the cyberdisk. And the Outsider took cover behind it, which is always amusing. The Outsider also did something weird physics-wise, too: immediately after the revealed cutscene, it fell flat on its rear end for no apparent reason, then got back up.

Lacking the MSPaint skills to commemorate the whole event, I've resorted to GIMP:

Jade Star posted:

Rum got around to posting this in my stream:

These are the best. "Toot toot I am a soldiertrain! Yaaay!" :3:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

chiasaur11 posted:

Isis is in purple, with superhuman powers, fighting aliens?

Simple question.

Saint.

Agreed. In addition, Delgado is French right? I say "La Bombe."

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

FredMSloniker posted:

Wait, SHIVs have special animations for door kicks and window smashes? What sort?

I thought a Waddle Dee just pops out and bonks the door open with their face. Or is that just our LP's shiv?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

GuavaMoment posted:

Neither of us used the sniper overwatch bug on the next two videos currently processing, if that helps.

Processing as in, up on Youtube tonight? :unsmith:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Change Sprahl's nickname to "rip".

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Skippy Granola posted:

I'm working my way up to another try at completing this absurd game, mostly thanks to all the solid advice in these videos.

It's not quite as motivating as having Jade's dulcet tones reading X-Com official novels to me over Skype while I gently caress up base building but it's definitely a close second.

I had a thought that might be either great or terrible: on the next exalt mission, jade sends you and guava the video without telling you what happens, and you two commentate on it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Jade Star posted:

Absolutely!

... How absolutely we talkin'? :f5:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

RIP Sprahl. The only sprahling you'll do now is over that railing.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Sacrificing my humanity nothing, having those gene mods or having kickass robot limbs? Sign me the gently caress up!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Jade Star posted:

I'm going to need more MECs

Soften them up with the rest and have two mecs do the rounds.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

You should keep the surviving base security on staff somehow. Give them the base defenders medal of conspicuous unexpected usefulness.

It's a yogurt lid on some string.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

That was why jade mentioned Ship Your Enemies Glitter. It was like a hostage holding a newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Tony was the only one who 'died' through the whole run. Do you know how many things are gonna get named after that guy?

A country. An entire country will be named after him.

• Locked thread