Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

I had that happen with a mechtoid. Next to a burning car. That was... not fun.
Situations like this is why I like having a couple of squad members with Suppression: chances are one will be able to use it to cancel the enemy Overwatch.
And, as normal, the enemy will have a nice Aim penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Psion posted:

e: also I'm wondering what's with all the asterisks myself
I think his keyboard might not have working parenthesis keys.

Edit:
\/\/\/\/
ah, that explains it

radintorov fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 6, 2014

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
That really was another "very special episode". :allears:
Although when you next have another go at a JadevsGuava, you should allow Guava to pick his own team, so that we can see the different squad composition he would use; if the Alien Base is not randomized like the other missions, that would be a good one to try this again.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

I said it waaaaaay back before Jade decided to turn her into the Covert Ops lady, but Finn "Unpaid" Terne is the only real option.
I agree: that nickname is the only real option. :colbert:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I really need to play Enemy Within: the lack of any base assault in the original was a bit of a downer, and that looked both awesome and brutal.
Also, am I mistaken or did they use the crackle from Exalt communications when Bradford was being a badass with that mind controlled guy and when the blast door was about to open in the intro cutscene?

Edit: it would have been neat if the base had some visible damage that would slowly disappear after enough time passed and/or missions are completed. Just it being purely cosmetic would probably have been enough.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 29, 2014

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scribbleykins posted:

A good name for the medal would be calling it the Annihilation Avertion Award, for the critical defense just performed.
I'm a sucker for alliterations, so I'll vote this.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I doubt many scientists/technicians died.
The techies looked kinda ok, while yeah a couple of scientists were almost strangled from behind, but the action cut off right when Vahlen realized what happened. And probably so that we wouldn't see how she incapacitated those poor mind-controlled saps before they could do any lasting physical damage.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 1, 2014

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I don't think I've ever used Psi Inspiration, so I'll vote for that.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

Did you hurt yourself dancing Jade? :ohdear:
Don't worry about Jade: he's busy shooting nazis with an overpriced rifle and riding bikes in a warzone. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Jade Star posted:

There was a supply barge mission in the highlight episode, it wasn't shown in full, but I don't think it's so exciting to do a full episode for just that. Maybe I should do one for completion sake. I think it'd be a Rootbeer heavy episode.
It should also include SHIVs. A lot of SHIVs. :colbert:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Looking forward to the "Shellshocked soloes the endgame" video, but we are still missing a SHIVCom video, Jade. :colbert:
That said, congratulations on officially finishing the game. :)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Well, that was truly a very special episode and an impressive run through the final mission. Well done, apostateCourier!
I do have a question about the run: how many attempts per room did it take you to come up with the winning strategy?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

apostateCourier posted:

It ended up not being the movement issue- if I would've been allowed to pick a target for my mechtoid, it could have been a very different game!
My limited experience (a few rounds with a fellow goon) with the multiplayer convinced me that your worst enemy when playing online is the game's UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ousire posted:

It seems fitting that after Jade managed to almost effortlessly clear the game's campaign, he gets his rear end handed to him on a silver platter in multiplayer.
Well, he was using EXALT. EXALT that had a sniper with Snapshot.
The game crashed because of how embarassed it was by Jade's team choice. :v:

• Locked thread