Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.

Veloxyll posted:

If an extra $50 is worth more now than every month. So practically never unless you can't afford the uplink you had planned. I guess if you know it's going to be tight on the cash front, but that sounds super rare.

I think the point is more, "Okay, I've got three sattelites queued up, but due to other expenses / EXALT attack, etc, I'm $50 short of paying for the actual uplink. I cancel one so I can launch the other two rather than building all three and not getting any money this month -- and next month, I buy the remaining sattelite to launch".

Still niche but less insane than it sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Take note of that comment on robots, on the second option. There's your price of admission paying for itself. The extra 5 Will and 4 HP don't hurt, either.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.

GenericServices posted:

Shen lets that woman do his amputations? I figured him for a hands-off kinda boss, but that's harsh!

:golfclap:

Seconding the Skippy comments. More Skippy, less "One-Take" primadonnaing! :colbert:

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.

MadDogMike posted:

running right up to my punchy MEC and suffering the inevitable result to boot.

I think you mean "to boosh". :colbert:

As far as nicknames go, I approve of Saint Isis and Hoss Delgado.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Clearly the sectoid commander was just all tuckered out from his preliminary interrogation from Dr. Vahlen, and was taking a nap, not actually dead yet.

She's kind of creepy and can wear anyone out with the talking, after all.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.

Veloxyll posted:

Usually you get 2 or 3 clues that eliminate continents before it starts throwing out the "not in x" specific ones, I thought.
Or maybe I just got lucky. Given how Jade is swimming in cash though...

I think you mean "how EXALT will be swimming in cash", given his luck.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Better: "The EXALT base is not in Mexico. The EXALT base is not in the United States. The EXALT Base is not in North America." Well... thanks, I guess.

v: My point is more "...you couldn't have scratched all three off the first time? That continent-clue is no better than a country-clue. Jerks."

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 30, 2014

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Sectopods' automatic reactive shot is such bullshit when you first run into it. You see them go into overwatch when you trigger them and think okay, they work like anyone else.

But then they don't Overwatch and still reaction shot. They just overwatched because they couldn't run for cover. Pricks.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
I consent to this on one condition: Your highlight reel must include every BOOSH, with vocal accompaniment. :colbert:

More seriously, yeah, we've basically seen everything the aliens have to throw at us short of the final mission, so there's not much point showing, editing, etc, the entirety of every episode. Snag the highlights and let's approach the conclusion.

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 9, 2015

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
And Weinhard's is probably my favorite root beer, personally. Smooth, not super-sweet, just flavorful enough.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.

Veloxyll posted:

Even when it's Bad Rats!

Especially when it's Bad Rats, seeing someone without Bad Rats starts up the transmission phase again. Getting it when given is a form of inoculation.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
This also applies to the Player's Lightning Reflexes, which can be gained on Assault, Scout, and Pathfinder [Scout MEC]. Because a MEC running cross-country dodging all the shots to boosh a guy in the face is just glorious.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.

notZaar posted:

In the stream it still said 90% chance to hit though. A guaranteed rocket hit sounds pretty nice.

As GhostStalker says, it has a 90% chance of choosing that one spot and veering around obstacles to smack into that one spot, and a 10% chance of choosing a spot perpendicular to the barrel and blasting apart your three guys in cover, exposing them to the muton elites about to shred them. :xcom:

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 4, 2015

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Mind control it, then boosh it. Simple!

[edit]: Okay, try and fail to MC it, then boosh it.

Nekomimi-Maiden fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 10, 2015

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
My estimation is that the end mission ethereal is bluffing; the aliens thus far aren't a doomsday army, but an expeditionary force. So XCOM beats the aliens poised around the earth, celebration, yay...
...and then a massive disturbance in a few months. A battleship parked over every council nation capital city. Death rays from above.
Immediate total capitulation of the world, because XCOM only proved to the aliens that they needed to come /in force/. The aliens then speak through their allies - Advent - and make grand promises of improving humanity now that it no longer has been "confused" and "tricked" into fighting against them. Twenty years pass since Unification, humanity thinks everything's great because the aliens are being extremely sneaky with their suppression tactics - vanishings of noisy people rather than terror attacks, etc. XCOM reforms by whatever means to rise up as a guerilla insurgency.

I'm just a little hype.

Also, fix your LP Jade Star. [Looking forward to the next few episodes!]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Wow. Fix your game. Also, I'm kinda sad the cutscene didn't play with the ethereal being sent on to the skyranger with the other soldiers. "You're one of us now! Go!"

• Locked thread