Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Master of the Duncspawn Taint
So here's a question: can you get a soldier critically wounded so many times he gets 0 will? What happens if you do, does he just instantly panic the moment the enemy opens fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Veloxyll posted:

On the alien Base operation I actually managed to miss a 95% shot.

Then hit with a 16% stun shot.

:xcom:

Just yesterday my Assault ran up to a Berserker and missed two 99% shots on a double tap and a close combat shot.

:xcom: indeed.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

That council mission isn't EW unique. Seen it in the base game.

Not sure, but I think the only new council missions in EW are the Portent series and the one everyone talks about. Lot of new maps in general, just not a lot of Council ones.

That map is pretty common too, but you usually start out at the Skyranger with the camera facing the other way so its not immediately apparent.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

When I tried using it I tried placing them where I thought the enemy was going to go, and it never got triggered and kept beeping for the rest of the mission, so I swore them off entirely. Was that a bug, or was it patched later, or do you just always drop the mine right on top of an alien?

The Aliens actually avoid them so the only way to ever get any use out of them is to drop it right on top of them.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Hope you don't mind me making a colored avatar-sized version then.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Brainamp posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure the laser rifle cutscene plays after you research it, but since you turned off Beginner VO, you missed out on it.

It only plays after either equipping or building a laser rifle, not sure which but definitely not on researching it, nor is it affected by Beginner VO.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

the only way I've managed to do the overwatch trick is clicking back to the sniper. I don't get how you do it without switching back after activating Overwatch.

Normally Overwatch has a 1.5 second delay after activating. If you're not getting it maybe you have a mod that disabled it?

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Green Intern posted:

How does reaper rounds' distance penalty to Aim interact with the sniper distance bonus to Aim? Do they counteract each other or what?

Actually I think it might be bugged and buff sniper aim because the one time I put reaper rounds on a sniper he only had 100% shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Panboy posted:

This is the best episode ever.

Good attention to detail how London has those big american taxis all on the right side of the road, you know how london does.

Base EU actually changed taxis and police cars to match the country the mission took place in. In EW they decided to disable this feature for whatever reason.

• Locked thread